Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself To Us Here!  (Read 158456 times)

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: Introduce Yourself To Us Here!
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2008, 07:33:23 AM »

:welcome: Lil Star to Advent Talk.

You are also welcome to join us over in our sister forum at Maritime SDA OnLine, soon to be possibly renamed to Maritime Adventism OnLine. :)

Lil Star

« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2008, 10:19:22 AM »

Thank you Daryl for your welcome and your request that I could join your other forum. Right now I just need to feel safe at first. I went through quite a beating where I came from. I do not wish that to happen here. :praying: One forum at a time. Please.

But, thank you so very much for your welcome.   :TY:
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

Emma

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2008, 10:23:00 AM »

Hi Lil Star.   I should be introducing myself too.....I am known to Ozzie and come from the Land Down Under.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2008, 10:33:11 AM »

The "land down under" seems to be getting more represented here. :)

:welcome:

Lil Star

« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2008, 10:40:58 AM »

Thank you Emma for your welcome!  I am really into trying to meet some christian people. The ones I have met so far on the forums make me want to vomit! I know that there has to be something to the SDA religion that is good. I was invited here and lurked for awhile. This place seems like it can be safe. I will be testing the waters so to speak. So far though, it seems pretty nice and 'comfortable'.  The 'land down under', is that Australia? Or is that the place I just came from? :dunno:
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

scratsmom

« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2008, 12:09:12 PM »

Hi ya'll,

I am a wife and mom of 2 great boys on the Eastern seaboard. (Never knew just why it was called that...?) Won't be on here a lot, but will voice my opinion occasionally on things that catch my interest.

scratsmom

Emma

« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2008, 01:15:50 PM »

Lil Star

I had better let the Kiwis from New Zealand also lay claim to the Land Down Under label, I do live in Australia ......where you have been is another place, I am sure this LDU is much better  ;D

Ozzie

« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2008, 03:57:32 PM »

Thank you Emma for your welcome!  I am really into trying to meet some christian people. The ones I have met so far on the forums make me want to vomit! I know that there has to be something to the SDA religion that is good. I was invited here and lurked for awhile. This place seems like it can be safe. I will be testing the waters so to speak. So far though, it seems pretty nice and 'comfortable'.  The 'land down under', is that Australia? Or is that the place I just came from? :dunno:

:welcome: Lil and Emma. It's good to have you both here and I'm proud to be one of those from 'down under'! Yep. Spot on - it's Australia :thumbsup:

Don't give up Lil. There is good and bad in everything. I have found many of the people here are really nice to get to know. I hope that you do feel comfortable and 'safe'. I do and enjoy AT for that reason.

I no longer participate in 'Forum-hopping'. Too much negativity and too time consuming, although there are a couple I visit intermittently. I have come across too many nasty posters and don't want my life filled with that kind of ill-feeling and negativity, as it tends to drown one in it's ugliness. Take care and enjoy AT.
  :cat:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Lil Star

« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2008, 04:13:46 PM »

Thank you Ozzie!  From everything I have heard, this is a wonderful place to be. I am sinking it in right now. I have seen some strong points being made and yet, no one reverts to name calling, no putting down of anyone, just a nice clean forum so far. I am really glad to have had friends ask me to join here. But I needed to be able to see what it was like so that I would know just what type of forum this really was. I came from (what I could feel and see) a very abusive forum. One that those little pets and if you were not one of the 'pets', you are nothing and their time was better spent not even validating a persons concerns. I see that Daryl and others do validate people here. That is what attracted me here. People seem to be just a better I would like to say bunch, but that sounds bad, I'd like to say classy, but that would not be right either. (even though it may be right) I think this will be a safe place to be. That is what I am  :praying: for it to be. Time will tell.
If I have missed anyone and their welcome to me, thank you  :TY: everyone that has welcomed me to this forum. Almost sounds like a family atmosphere here.
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2008, 05:19:03 PM »

Hello and  :welcome: Lil, Emma and Scratsmom. Nice to see so many joining AT.

Lil Star

« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2008, 05:23:18 PM »

:o I brought a lot of people with me!   :scratch:  Sorry, I didn't but thought I might want to take credit since they came at the same time I did.  :ROFL:

:TY: Chrissy for the warm welcome. :thumbsup:
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

scratsmom

« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2008, 06:31:15 PM »

Thanks, Chrissie. I was a lurker from the beginning, but when the topics I was most interested in went "underground", I decided I had to make it official.   :)

scratsmom

Ozzie

« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2008, 07:27:29 PM »

Thanks, Chrissie. I was a lurker from the beginning, but when the topics I was most interested in went "underground", I decided I had to make it official.   :)

scratsmom

What topics are those Scratsmom?
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

scratsmom

« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2008, 04:14:40 AM »

scratsmom

What topics are those Scratsmom?

The one(s) on abuse in the church and the 3ABN discussions and updates.

======

Edited only to correct formatting error of quoted post/s.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 12:21:03 PM by Daryl Fawcett »

GRAT

« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2008, 07:33:12 AM »

Been here a while and decided to post as I needed the 6 to get into the 3ABN area.  Came from Black SDA where I still go as I like it there.  I am from WA state and am the "grandmother" of "Bernie" a 12 week old boxer/lab mix pound puppy.  He belongs to my son who lives with me.  He is the cutest thing in the world but needs to get that you potty outside.  I generally lurk but on occasion someone else will not say what I wanted to so I will post. Am not to internet savvy but an learning.   
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Up