Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself To Us Here!  (Read 162310 times)

Fair Havens

Re: Introduce Yourself To Us Here!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 08:34:20 PM »

Why, Thank you Sister! You are kind - yea, sweet. Your gentle words are indeed creating a warmth dissipating the fog of trepidation and urging confidence.

Bless you, Sister  :-*

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 09:20:41 AM »

Welcome to AdventTalk, Fair Havens!

Your posts here on the various subjects are both wanted and needed!

Everyone has their own viewpoint, their own way of expressing themselves, and we need them all here...
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Rainnpony

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008, 01:16:40 PM »

Hullo: I am Rainnpony and already see I have some things in common with SSOM. Besides an obvious love of Jesus, we both live on the WestCoast and love animals as well.  There aren't too many SDA's in my area, especially of my age group...uh, around the middle years,so I hope to learn from the members here and maybe make some new and everlasting friendships. Shalom Shabbat.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2008, 02:24:45 PM »

Hullo: I am Rainnpony and already see I have some things in common with SSOM. Besides an obvious love of Jesus, we both live on the WestCoast and love animals as well.  There aren't too many SDA's in my area, especially of my age group...uh, around the middle years,so I hope to learn from the members here and maybe make some new and everlasting friendships. Shalom Shabbat.

Welcome Rainpony.  :welcome: It's good to have you here. Sabbath is past in our part of the world. I'm looking forward to next Sabbath already.

Rainnpony

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 02:29:26 PM »

Thank you, Chrissie:
Yes, Sabbath is the very best day of the week when we can leave all of the world behind and commune with the Creator and like-minded people.  Glad to be here.
Lotus :)

Johann

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008, 03:53:40 PM »

Welcome, Lotus. You are welcome to participate just wherever you want. Take your pick. Happy Sabbath to you - from a place where the Sabbath is finished by now.

Rainnpony

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2008, 05:51:45 PM »

Thank you Johann, I look forward to being a member of this site.  Sabbath is just over here and already I am looking forward to the next one!!!

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2008, 07:06:36 PM »

:welcome:

I also want to welcome you here. :)

Ozzie

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2008, 09:07:39 PM »

Welcome Rainpony.  :welcome: I have a daughter whom I reckon could yarn with you for hours, as she and her daughters love their horses too. ;D Yes This is a good place to make some very good lasting friendships. You have a great week.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Johann

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2008, 10:23:45 PM »

It just dawned on me that I have never introduced myself here. I was born 75 years ago in Denmark, but when I was 5 my father was called back to his homeland, Iceland, to be the leader of literature evangelism. We were fortunate thus to avoid the throes of World War II.

After the war I traveled to Denmark, Sweden, and Norway together with three sisters. Two of these married brothers in Norway, and one is now my oldest son's mother-in-law, living in Norway. The third returned to Iceland and married my best childhood friend. I was so happy he got a good wife. . .

Later I spent a total of 7 years in the United States,  where I found my German wife, and we had our first son. The next was born in Europe (Denmark) and the third one in Africa (Nigeria). It is now 56 years since I was first employed by the Seventh-day Adventist Church which took me to six different countries where we lived, with shorter assignments to other countries. Mostly pastoral, departmental director, and teaching. (Bible - in 3 different countries).

After almost 51 years of marriage my wife succumbed to breast cancer in Norway. One of those who spoke of her gratitude to Irmgard at her funeral was Linda Shelton. She said Irmgard had remained a true friend when almost all others had forsaken her. (Linda came on a short visit to Norway from her home in Springfield, Ill.)

My childhood friend died 11 years before that. Now his widow has become my wife, and we are really enjoying our senior years together - in Iceland. Together we have 9 grown children, 20 grandchildren, and 10 great-grandchildren. From time to time we visit my wife, Ida's, three sisters in Norway where I have two sons and three grandchildren.

We enjoy worshiping our Lord and Savior together - and singing. (Still members of a concert choir - which are so abundant in Iceland.) And I still preach and teach in Sabbath School. And we enjoy memories of rich and fruitful lives, and of having helped quite a number of people finding Christ.

Iceland was designated in 2007 as the best country in the world to live in, with Norway number two. Iceland is probably the only country where phone books list people alphabetically by first names. Mine is

Johann

Welcome every one of you to Advent Talk!

Ozzie

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2008, 10:45:56 PM »

It just dawned on me that I have never introduced myself here. I was born 75 years ago in Denmark, but when I was 5 my father was called back to his homeland, Iceland, to be the leader of literature evangelism. We were fortunate thus to avoid the throes of World War II.

After the war I traveled to Denmark, Sweden, and Norway together with three sisters. Two of these married brothers in Norway, and one is now my oldest son's mother-in-law, living in Norway. The third returned to Iceland and married my best childhood friend. I was so happy he got a good wife. . .

Later I spent a total of 7 years in the United States,  where I found my German wife, and we had our first son. The next was born in Europe (Denmark) and the third one in Africa (Nigeria). It is now 56 years since I was first employed by the Seventh-day Adventist Church which took me to six different countries where we lived, with shorter assignments to other countries. Mostly pastoral, departmental director, and teaching. (Bible - in 3 different countries).

After almost 51 years of marriage my wife succumbed to breast cancer in Norway. One of those who spoke of her gratitude to Irmgard at her funeral was Linda Shelton. She said Irmgard had remained a true friend when almost all others had forsaken her. (Linda came on a short visit to Norway from her home in Springfield, Ill.)

My childhood friend died 11 years before that. Now his widow has become my wife, and we are really enjoying our senior years together - in Iceland. Together we have 9 grown children, 20 grandchildren, and 10 great-grandchildren. From time to time we visit my wife, Ida's, three sisters in Norway where I have two sons and three grandchildren.

We enjoy worshiping our Lord and Savior together - and singing. (Still members of a concert choir - which are so abundant in Iceland.) And I still preach and teach in Sabbath School. And we enjoy memories of rich and fruitful lives, and of having helped quite a number of people finding Christ.

Iceland was designated in 2007 as the best country in the world to live in, with Norway number two. Iceland is probably the only country where phone books list people alphabetically by first names. Mine is

Johann

Welcome every one of you to Advent Talk!

Thank you very much for introducing yourself and sharing your personal information Johann. Doing so helps one to become more 'real' to other members. May you and your wife enjoy many more years together, serving your Lord and Saviour, unless He comes much sooner, as many people really believe nowdays.

I'm probably biased, but I always thought that Australia was the best place in the world to live.   ;D
Ozzie

~ Frank Sculley.

Johann

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2008, 11:03:55 PM »

I'm probably biased, but I always thought that Australia was the best place in the world to live.   ;D[/b]

Well, I am a citizen both of Iceland and Denmark. Our Crown Princess of Denmark came from Australia - and she might be infected with your bias. The two continent where I never had my residence in Australia and Asia. Friends tell me Australia is great. Let me just whisper this to you, so the Amercans will not hear it!

Ozzie

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2008, 08:38:07 PM »

I'm probably biased, but I always thought that Australia was the best place in the world to live.   ;D[/b]

Well, I am a citizen both of Iceland and Denmark. Our Crown Princess of Denmark came from Australia - and she might be infected with your bias. The two continent where I never had my residence in Australia and Asia. Friends tell me Australia is great. Let me just whisper this to you, so the Amercans will not hear it!

That will be our secret then Johann!  ;D
Ozzie

~ Frank Sculley.

Rainnpony

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2008, 04:46:00 PM »

Darryl and Ozzie:
Been a bit busy this week so havn't had a chance to visit here since Sabbath.  Thank you both so much for your warm welcomes.  As to you, Ozzie, I am sure I would love to talk Equus with your daughter and her family, which is a most favorite subject of mine.  I really hope to be reunited in heaven with my dearest stallion, Tumbleweed, (not to mention several other precious horses), the sweetest and most beautiful horse I ever had the privelege of being owned by!!  Life has not been the same since losing him.  What joys await us there!!!
Rainnpony

Johann

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2008, 08:06:39 PM »

Welcome, Rainnpony. Good to have someone here who loves horses. A grandson has about 70 of them, and a ganddaughter owns one precious one called Stormur (Storm). She loves to go riding after school.

A great-grandson does not get anough riding a real horse, so he rides a stick with a horse head all over the place.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up