Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself To Us Here!  (Read 162404 times)

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Introduce Yourself To Us Here!
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2008, 11:19:18 PM »

Welcome Brick. Good to have another Aussie here.  :welcome:

Brick

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2008, 10:58:01 PM »

Thanks Chrissie.  God bless and

:sabbath:

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2008, 04:53:37 PM »

Yes, :welcome: Brick and do have a :sabbath:

Ozzie

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2008, 10:31:04 PM »

I posted for a while on BSDA under the name “Brick Step.”  I manage but am still behind in computer skills and will give a victory shout if this post manages to turn up in the right place, in the right way.

I was born into an SDA pastor’s home, and taught for a number of years in Adventist primary schools.  In a difficult time in the life of the church, I lost membership, in a quite publicized way, all involving much controversy.  But God always over-rules all for the good of those that love Him. I have never for five minutes stopped worshipping as a Christian and Seventh-day Adventist believer.  About 20-30 in the situation also lost membership in the end, and we all felt the need to meet separately for a few years. My husband and I are now, in better circumstances, worshipping almost weekly in Conference churches, often taking Senior SS lessons and even preaching sermons.

Through our drama, though taking strongest issue with some of the judgments of some holding office in the church, we never came to the place where we turned our backs upon the Adventist Conference Church altogether.  I feel the same way about the 3ABN debacle.  We pray daily that the court cases will go away, the bitter divisions will cease, truth will triumph, wrongs made right, and that relationships will be healed where they need to be healed.  But we see the wonderful and undoubted blessing of the overall 3ABN television and radio witness, and cannot but pray that it will be protected and enabled to continue. 

God bless and guide all concerned.

We live in the country in Australia.  I may come back later and tell you some of our many snake stories.

Good to see another one from the 'Black SDA Family' over here, as well as a fellow Ozzie.  :welcome:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Brick

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2008, 04:50:53 PM »

Thanks Daryl and Ozzie.

:)

reddogs

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2008, 10:24:55 AM »

Hello everyone, I am pretty much known as reddogs, although I use some other names. The name comes from my Chow Chows and I have a little farm out in the woods with many other animals, and I just had 4 baby goats born last night so I need to name them, any suggestions....

Johann

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2008, 01:11:45 PM »

:welcome: reddogs. I suppose it is you training the dogs, and not the other way around? Goats are somewhat different, aren't they?

Animals can teach people a lot. I had some in my early youth. What are some of your experiences?

Johann Thorvaldsson

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2008, 02:51:12 PM »

Hello everyone, I am pretty much known as reddogs, although I use some other names. The name comes from my Chow Chows and I have a little farm out in the woods with many other animals, and I just had 4 baby goats born last night so I need to name them, any suggestions....

:welcome: Reddogs. Baby goats? We used to have a couple many years ago and they certainly got into mischief; but were ever so much fun. As for 'naming rights', it's rather early here to be thinking too much about goats names.  :DHave a great day.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2008, 04:32:15 PM »

So you decided to also register here. :)

:welcome:

guide4him

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2008, 08:08:39 PM »

This is the place to tell us as little about yourself, or as much about yourself as your comfort zone allows. :)

I met a new friend who had been involved in reading and posting in BlackSDA in the past. The friend suggested that I come to check out this site since BSDA had shut down to read only the 3ABN section.

Praise God that the end times are upon us. Even though there are serious problems within 3ABN we know that God is slowly cleaning house.

reddogs

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2008, 01:36:00 PM »

:welcome: reddogs. I suppose it is you training the dogs, and not the other way around? Goats are somewhat different, aren't they?

Animals can teach people a lot. I had some in my early youth. What are some of your experiences?

Johann Thorvaldsson

Yes, the animals sometimes do things that amaze me.... My male chow 'Simba' who I have tried to train to stay withing his fenced yard, uncharacterically got out by jumping over the fence and left the property one day, and I gave him a scolding and was very upset that he had gotten out when I noticed he was missing his collar and looked very ragged around back of his head. Well I retraced his steps and about a half mile down the dirt road came across his collar with vicious bite marks on it and signs of a terrible struggle and blood, after checking him again I was able to reconstruct what happened. A large wild animal came out of the woods to attack the bull, chickens or goats and Simba had jumped the fence to defend them, and the wild animal  had sharp claws and teeth and the only thing that saved him was his thick fur, it could not clamp down or claw through it and he came home a little worse for wear but he had done his job of defending the farm animals. Needless to say he got a nice bath and many doggie treats that night......

Red
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 01:51:11 PM by reddogs »

reddogs

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2008, 01:49:06 PM »

So you decided to also register here. :)

:welcome:

Yes, I wanted to see the 'formal debate' on that issue you mention if it happens, any news on that....

reddogs

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2008, 01:52:32 PM »

:welcome: Reddogs. Baby goats? We used to have a couple many years ago and they certainly got into mischief; but were ever so much fun. As for 'naming rights', it's rather early here to be thinking too much about goats names.  :DHave a great day.

We usually have the kids come over on Sabbath and name the newborns, they love it and always come back to check on 'their babies'......

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2008, 01:15:06 PM »

No further news yet.

Ginge

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2008, 02:10:14 AM »

Hi everyone.  I have been one of those "lurking" in the background people over the last 3 years.  If a topic really pushed my buttons then I would present my small (but very important) opinion.

I have posted more this last month, on three different web sites, than I have probably written to my children in 3 years.

But the topic of Domestic Violence in the Christian church and in the SDA church has pushed my buttons.  I really do need to get a life besides these forums, and I really do have a wonderful one.  So I may be drifting in and out now and then.  I really appreciate the open-mindedness of so many people that I have come in contact with over this past month.

Ginge (Virginia)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up