Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself To Us Here!  (Read 169686 times)

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Introduce Yourself To Us Here!
« on: January 21, 2008, 02:56:20 PM »

This is the place to tell us as little about yourself, or as much about yourself as your comfort zone allows. :)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Introduce Yourself To Us Here!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 04:29:42 PM »

Hi Daryl, thanks for having this site for discussion!

I live in Southern California and am a musician and artist among other things.  I like fellowship and interesting communications with other Christians (and Jews).

I'm especially interested in the issues with 3ABN and wish to see problems solved so that media communications with this venue can go forward for our church.

"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 05:42:32 PM »

I'm especially interested in the issues with 3ABN and wish to see problems solved so that media communications with this venue can go forward for our church.
It's good to see fellow Christians finding their way to this site already.

I'm from Australia, where much of the country is experiencing floods at the moment.

Like you Brother, I am particularly concerned with the issues at 3abn. I feel that it is an issue that has the potential to divide the Church. Therefore, it is imperative that all the pertinent issues are resolved, so that the Word of God may be taken to the world, instead of hearing just more about 'the man himself', whenever one tunes into 3abn. Time is too short before Jesus comes, for media to be consumed with self-glorification. The Three Angels message NEEDS to be preached to all the world, so then the end may come. Come soon, please Lord Jesus.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 08:48:45 PM »

Chrissie, sorry to hear about the floods--are any of them affecting your area?  (...by the way, I would actually be designated "sister" rather than brother  :)).

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 09:32:21 PM »

Chrissie, sorry to hear about the floods--are any of them affecting your area?  (...by the way, I would actually be designated "sister" rather than brother  :)).
LOL. As soon as I hit the 'submit' button, I thought as much!

Not too affected by the floods yet but the rivers are 'coming down'. We're on high ground, but I feel so sorry for all those who have their homes inundated. Now, people have taken to shooting the snakes as they are coming down with the flood! Just as well I'm not THAT close. I lose any sense of reality when I see a snake. It's a phobia, I know but no amount of reasoning with me, will change the way I think of those slithering serpents. Reminds me of Lucifer!

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 09:58:02 PM »

Terrible for people who have their homes inundated...

Shooting snakes in the river??  That's just amazing...

Johann

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 11:13:42 AM »

Why don't you send for Danny Shelton? He must have his gun back which Linda hid from him. According to some accounts he got so angry that he divorced her for hiding his gun.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 11:45:53 AM »

I was wondering when our retired Pastor Johann would find us here. :)

As far as the flooding in Australia goes, I saw some of it on the TV news.

The latest news is the global stock market situation.

All these things are a sign of the end.

Ozzie

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 12:58:16 PM »

Why don't you send for Danny Shelton? He must have his gun back which Linda hid from him. According to some accounts he got so angry that he divorced her for hiding his gun.
Now, that's a brilliant idea Johann. Hadn't thought of that.

Oops! My introduction - Well, I'm and Ozzie too, where we're having really cool days when it's supposed to be summer. I won't complain about that though as I don't particularly like the 40+c that we tend to get here in summer.

Pardon the bolden text! My eyesight is not particularly good, and this makes it easier to read.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 01:01:46 PM by Ozzie »
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

inga

• The Sabbath School Network
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 07:10:12 PM »

Well, howdy, folks! It seems that we've met before here and there -- like on BlackSDA.com or Maritime-SDA-Online.org.  ;D

I'm the very same "Inga" as I am on the other boards. I go by my real first name, the way it's pronounced. (It's actually spelled "Inge" but I cringe at the thought of anyone rhyming my name with "hinge."  :'()

I'm interested in seeing 3ABN truly represent what we believe as Adventists --not just in the talk but in the walk of the principals involved.

I hail from British Columbia, Canada.

Nice to see some of you folks from "down under." Maybe you beat me here because it's already "tomorrow" for you!  :D ::)

And it's good to see Gailon posting. :) And Johann! :) :)
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 07:18:19 PM »

I am a New England boy, born and bred. My vocation is FHA financing and training, my avocation has been a journalist specializing in ecclesiatical issues and SDA institutional
investigative reporting.

ANd yes, we may well be at that point that Mrs White describes quite vividly:

"Those who hold the reins of government are not able to solve the problem of moral corruption, poverty, pauperism, and increasing crime. They are struggling in vain to place business operations on a more secure basis. If men would give more heed to the teaching of God's word, they would find a solution of the problems that perplex them." {9T 13.3}

Gailon Arthur Joy

Ozzie

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 07:31:19 PM »

I am a New England boy, born and bred. My vocation is FHA financing and training, my avocation has been a journalist specializing in ecclesiatical issues and SDA institutional
investigative reporting.
Gailon Arthur Joy
Good to catch up with you again Gailon and also Inga. Looks like we could find many friends here in the days ahead.

I had to laugh Gailon at your description of "I am a New England boy, born and bred", coz where we live is classified as the "New England Area" in Australia. Don't remember bumping into you personally though!
  ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 07:38:37 PM by Ozzie »
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Fair Havens

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 07:28:23 PM »

Hi there, All!

I'm happy to join this family.

I am reserved and generally quiet and tend to listen more than speak.

When I read some of the posts and responses I see that what I would wish to say on a topic is being so eloquently expressed by others that I figure - 'What's the use?'

It seems that I've said quite a mouthful. Better submit this before I get cold feet and ...

God Bless us all.

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 08:13:22 PM »

Hi there, All!

I'm happy to join this family.

I am reserved and generally quiet and tend to listen more than speak.

When I read some of the posts and responses I see that what I would wish to say on a topic is being so eloquently expressed by others that I figure - 'What's the use?'

It seems that I've said quite a mouthful. Better submit this before I get cold feet and ...

God Bless us all.

Welcome Fair Havens! No need to have cold feet, let them be warmed by the gentle flame of fellowship.

Sister

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 08:18:52 PM »

Well, after "introducing myself" of sorts in the "welcome" thread, I saw this one and thought that I better introduce myself in the right place! OOPS!

My name is Sonshineonme (or ssom if you like) and I am happy to be here.
I belong to other sites like BSDA and Maritime as well.

I already know many of you here, and I look forward to getting to know others I have not known before that are here as well.

I grew up in the midwest but now live on the west coast. I am an animal lover (as many of you from BSDA know already) as well as a love for the ocean.

I love Jesus first and foremost! While I disagree with many things in our "organized" church, I will still strive to serve Jesus with all my heart to the day I die. I believe that it's vital to our personal relationship with Him to make sure we are serving HIM and no other person or organization instead. Being raised in a very legalistic era of the SDA church (and yes, legalism is alive and well still) I have spent all of my adult hood sorting out the junk from the good stuff, and even learning some good stuff I never seam to be taught growing up! I praise God for never giving up on me and He still fights for me every day! I tend to be very adamant about the idea of RELATIONSHIP FIRST and works by default later! Anyone relate?!  ::)

I personally feel that God is desperately and daily trying to teach us through His word and events around us that a personal relationship with Him is all that will save us. That He wants us learn to hear His voice through all the noise of this planet, and to get it that man, the church and ministries will fail us. May we all have the needed and timely wisdom to discern His voice and calling (be it great or small) on each one of us.  I know it's no accident that we are all here, and may God and His truth and character be glorified!

God bless!!

Love you guys! ;)
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up