Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself To Us Here!  (Read 158325 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Introduce Yourself To Us Here!
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2008, 09:56:53 AM »

Thank you Ozzie!  From everything I have heard, this is a wonderful place to be. I am sinking it in right now. I have seen some strong points being made and yet, no one reverts to name calling, no putting down of anyone, just a nice clean forum so far. I am really glad to have had friends ask me to join here. But I needed to be able to see what it was like so that I would know just what type of forum this really was. I came from (what I could feel and see) a very abusive forum. One that those little pets and if you were not one of the 'pets', you are nothing and their time was better spent not even validating a persons concerns. I see that Daryl and others do validate people here. That is what attracted me here. People seem to be just a better I would like to say bunch, but that sounds bad, I'd like to say classy, but that would not be right either. (even though it may be right) I think this will be a safe place to be. That is what I am  :praying: for it to be. Time will tell.
If I have missed anyone and their welcome to me, thank you  :TY: everyone that has welcomed me to this forum. Almost sounds like a family atmosphere here.

It is a family here, Lil Star, and welcome!

Daryl does a wonderful job of keeping it "safe".
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

peaches

• The Three Angels Message
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2008, 11:23:04 AM »

I am knows as Peaches.  I was told of this site form one of the members on my site.  I will look and visit from time to time to see what it is all about. 
When God speaks man should listen
http://thethreeam.com/index.php?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2008, 12:22:20 PM »

:welcome: to those I haven't yet welcomed. :)

Sunburn

« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2008, 12:14:29 PM »

Hi!
Call me Sunburn. Rules said something about I should be appropriate with my name, so at the moment it is more appropriate than "Paleface" I use on another formum.  I have been enjoying BSDA for the past year and a half.

I am enjoying observing Adventtalk forum since it came into being. I do not plan on posting much. Good to see many of the BSDA family making the trip to here

I do enjoy my hubby of 45 years, two dogs, playing in my flower beds and out in the yard, walking, Bible studying research,  (gaining weight-loosing weight :ROFL:, and (in winter) quilting.

Sunburn

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2008, 02:53:36 PM »

:welcome: Sunburn to Advent Talk.

Paleface would also have been OK here, therefore, if you like, I can change it to Paleface for you.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2008, 03:18:21 PM »

Hi!
Call me Sunburn. Rules said something about I should be appropriate with my name, so at the moment it is more appropriate than "Paleface" I use on another formum.  I have been enjoying BSDA for the past year and a half.

I am enjoying observing Adventtalk forum since it came into being. I do not plan on posting much. Good to see many of the BSDA family making the trip to here

I do enjoy my hubby of 45 years, two dogs, playing in my flower beds and out in the yard, walking, Bible studying research,  (gaining weight-loosing weight :ROFL:, and (in winter) quilting.

Sunburn

Another quilter. I have thousands of patterns and an embroidery machine. Never run out of designs to embroider on quilts.
PM me if you are ever looking for a specific

Bonnie

=====

Edited to correct formatting only.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 03:40:40 PM by Daryl Fawcett »
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Sunburn

« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2008, 04:02:41 PM »

Thanks Daryl, as I think I can keep the two forums straight. Like I said, I am more sunburn that paleface today.

I plan on more looking and reading than posting.

I am not shure how to PM yet but will try in the futhure.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2008, 05:15:34 PM »

Hi!

Sunburn

Hello Sunburn and   :welcome: to AT.
edited for spelling mistake

Ozzie

« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2008, 06:46:19 PM »

Hi!

Sunburn

Howdy Sunburn. You've come to a gr8 place over here. The more the merrier.   :welcome:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Yevgeny

« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2008, 11:12:16 PM »

Good to be here - long time coming.

Yevgeny

Ozzie

« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2008, 01:12:38 AM »

Yevgeny

Hello Yevgeny. Good to have you here. Our 'family' is increasing by the day here.  :welcome:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2008, 01:16:41 AM »

Yevgeny

:welcome: and   :sabbath: Yevgeny

Sunburn

« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2008, 09:04:22 AM »

:TY: for the Welcome. We have a great group here. 

:sabbath: to you all.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2008, 09:59:38 AM »

Yes, Advent Talk is definitely growing into a great cyber-family. :)

daylily

« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2008, 10:55:12 AM »

Hi all,
I'm daylily. I'm also a member at BSDA and Maritime. I don't post often, mostly just read.  I live in the mts of SW VA. along with two of my adult children, I raise and sell daylilies for a living. Been married 36 years, have three children and no grandchildren. 

I'm a serious birder, love gardening, preserving the harvest, reading, singing and playing the piano (just for my own entertainment!). I'm involved in church health ministries and often help with seminars. DH's family is musical so we often get together to sing and play for fun and sometimes for church:)

I was not raised SDA but joined later. DH was. None of my family are SDA except a third cousin whom I don't see very often.

It's nice to meet you all and to see some familiar names in this thread.
daylily
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Up