Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself To Us Here!  (Read 162395 times)

Ozzie

Re: Introduce Yourself To Us Here!
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2008, 06:48:49 PM »

Hi my name is countrymouse.  I came here to keep up with the 3abn saga.  Miss blacksda since it closed its 3abn fourm.  I am from NC.  Enjoy reading SDA forums although I don't post very often.  How can I get to 3abn Other forum?

Hi Countrymouse. Does that mean you live in the country and that you are usually as quiet as a mouse? I hope you enjoy it here at AT. The 'welcome' smiley won't come up for me, but WELCOME anyway!
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2008, 07:12:49 PM »

Hi my name is countrymouse.  I came here to keep up with the 3abn saga.  Miss blacksda since it closed its 3abn fourm.  I am from NC.  Enjoy reading SDA forums although I don't post very often.  How can I get to 3abn Other forum?

:welcome: Countrymouse. It's good to see another 'family member' come over here from Black SDA.

In order to get 'into' the other 3abn Forums, you need to be a Junior Member - that is, with at least 6 posts. Enjoy AT. I do.

countrymouse

« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2008, 07:25:16 PM »

Thank you for your welcome, I am enjoying reading all the other forums too, not JUST 3abn.LOL  I am quiet but don't live as far in the county as I would like.

Ozzie

« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2008, 10:49:15 PM »

Thank you for your welcome, I am enjoying reading all the other forums too, not JUST 3abn.LOL  I am quiet but don't live as far in the county as I would like.

We live in the country, but we have mice plagues for at least several hundred kilometres around us. Farmers are at their wits end, to know what to do next. My husband is off emptying the traps now, but PROMISE, I don't go hunting down mice - country or otherwise.  :purr:
Ozzie

~ Frank Sculley.

Bert

« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2008, 02:27:59 PM »

This is the place to tell us as little about yourself, or as much about yourself as your comfort zone allows. :)

I am a retired military man, having served in the Korean War. Was born and raised an SDA, going to our schools. Left the church for several years, but came back over 20 years ago. Am an elder, teacher and Bible Study instructor for our church now. I enjoy the study of prophecy, creation vs evolution, state of the dead, and other 'hot button' issues that makes us unique in the Christian world.

Bert

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2008, 02:35:55 PM »

:welcome: Bert to Advent Talk.

hobie

« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2008, 02:40:13 PM »

I found this forum as I was searching for SDA forum sites, and thought I'd join in here.  My interests include photography and camping. I like to go out camping and LOVE to cook Big Franks over the campfire. I am not the best at photography but I am learning. Interests get harder to pursue as one gets older, but I haven't let it stop me from trying to do whatever work comes my way.  Hope to join in some good topics of interest here.

hobie  :dogwag:

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2008, 12:15:51 AM »

I found this forum as I was searching for SDA forum sites, and thought I'd join in here.  My interests include photography and camping. I like to go out camping and LOVE to cook Big Franks over the campfire. I am not the best at photography but I am learning. Interests get harder to pursue as one gets older, but I haven't let it stop me from trying to do whatever work comes my way.  Hope to join in some good topics of interest here.

Hello 'Hobie' and Bert.  :welcome: to AT I hope you enjoy the fellowship here. :)

Ozzie

« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2008, 12:44:28 AM »

This is the place to tell us as little about yourself, or as much about yourself as your comfort zone allows. :)

I am a retired military man, having served in the Korean War. Was born and raised an SDA, going to our schools. Left the church for several years, but came back over 20 years ago. Am an elder, teacher and Bible Study instructor for our church now. I enjoy the study of prophecy, creation vs evolution, state of the dead, and other 'hot button' issues that makes us unique in the Christian world.

Bert

Nice to have you here Bert. It's usually a very friendly crowd here.
  :welcome:
Ozzie

~ Frank Sculley.

Ozzie

« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2008, 12:48:03 AM »

Goodness me. I must get my glasses changed. When I first read here, I was going to welcome 'Hobo', but I see it is 'Hobie'. Apologies 'Hobie' and welcome to AT.  :welcome: They're not a bad bunch here.
Ozzie

~ Frank Sculley.

Lil Star

« Reply #145 on: May 13, 2008, 07:21:05 AM »

Welcome Hobie, I'm pretty new here myself. However, you couldn't tell that from the amount of posts I have. I feel pretty safe here so join in and have some fun. We are most all likeable.  :rabbit:
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

RND

• You are Israel
« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2008, 09:52:38 AM »

Hello to all!

Many of you will know me from other forums where I am a strong and vocal believer in traditional Adventist doctrine. That is not to say I am some legalistic, lemon-sucking stick in the mud! I have an unshakable belief in a Heavenly Father that is not out to get us, that truly loves and cares for us and wants desperately to reveal Himself to us. As you can probably tell I am a follower of the teachings of Graham Maxwell.

I have recently started a new blog, You Are Israel that is an attempt to counter the folly and danger's of dispensationalism.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

inga

• The Sabbath School Network
« Reply #147 on: May 13, 2008, 01:07:24 PM »

A warm welcome to you, Bert!  :welcome:

Glad to see someone else with a special interest in creation discussions. :)

Inga

Bert
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

Ozzie

« Reply #148 on: May 13, 2008, 04:34:31 PM »

Hello to all!

Many of you will know me from other forums where I am a strong and vocal believer in traditional Adventist doctrine. That is not to say I am some legalistic, lemon-sucking stick in the mud! I have an unshakable belief in a Heavenly Father that is not out to get us, that truly loves and cares for us and wants desperately to reveal Himself to us. As you can probably tell I am a follower of the teachings of Graham Maxwell.

I have recently started a new blog, You Are Israel that is an attempt to counter the folly and danger's of dispensationalism.

Hello RND. Good to have you here.  :welcome:
Ozzie

~ Frank Sculley.

RND

• You are Israel
« Reply #149 on: May 13, 2008, 09:00:31 PM »

Thanks Ozzie!

If you get a chance, drop by my blog....I'm looking for healthy and honest critiques.

Hello RND. Good to have you here.  :welcome:
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up