Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself To Us Here!  (Read 162242 times)

reddogs

Re: Introduce Yourself To Us Here!
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2008, 02:32:25 AM »

Hello to all!

Many of you will know me from other forums where I am a strong and vocal believer in traditional Adventist doctrine. That is not to say I am some legalistic, lemon-sucking stick in the mud! I have an unshakable belief in a Heavenly Father that is not out to get us, that truly loves and cares for us and wants desperately to reveal Himself to us. As you can probably tell I am a follower of the teachings of Graham Maxwell.

I have recently started a new blog, You Are Israel that is an attempt to counter the folly and danger's of dispensationalism.

My brother RND,

Its a real pleasure to see you here, we thought you had fallen off the face of the earth. Did you go on a vacation, we didnt see you for a while but now you seem to be popping up in all the forums. Make sure to check out http://www.maritime-sda-online.com/forums and http://thethreeam.com/  and http://www.loudcry.org/forums/ which are some good Adventist sites which I know you will like.

Its good to have you here...

God Bless
Red  :welcome:

RND

• You are Israel
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2008, 09:06:01 AM »

Brother RD,

Nope, haven't dropped off the face of the earth, not yet anyway! Just got tired of all the negativity of the other forum in light of the fact that neither God nor Jesus can be found there. I signed up for Advent talk back in March and kinda forgot I did until I received an e-mail from this site the other day. So I decided to drop by. And wouldn't you know it, I wound up posting a few posts!

Glad to see you here RD but I'm not surprised! If you (privately!) want to let the other's on my buddy list over there know what's up that would be great. Have them stop by my blog if they'd like: http://youareisrael.blogspot.com/

Hello to all!

Many of you will know me from other forums where I am a strong and vocal believer in traditional Adventist doctrine. That is not to say I am some legalistic, lemon-sucking stick in the mud! I have an unshakable belief in a Heavenly Father that is not out to get us, that truly loves and cares for us and wants desperately to reveal Himself to us. As you can probably tell I am a follower of the teachings of Graham Maxwell.

I have recently started a new blog, You Are Israel that is an attempt to counter the folly and danger's of dispensationalism.

My brother RND,

Its a real pleasure to see you here, we thought you had fallen off the face of the earth. Did you go on a vacation, we didnt see you for a while but now you seem to be popping up in all the forums. Make sure to check out http://www.maritime-sda-online.com/forums and http://thethreeam.com/  and http://www.loudcry.org/forums/ which are some good Adventist sites which I know you will like.

God Bless
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2008, 12:22:20 PM »

:welcome: RND to Advent Talk.

I am happy to see you are now posting here. :)

Are you aware of the still new Christians Discuss Forum?

It is at http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php

reddogs

« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2008, 12:24:51 PM »

Will do, and we may see more of them come here until things at CF change...

Red

Brother RD,

Nope, haven't dropped off the face of the earth, not yet anyway! Just got tired of all the negativity of the other forum in light of the fact that neither God nor Jesus can be found there. I signed up for Advent talk back in March and kinda forgot I did until I received an e-mail from this site the other day. So I decided to drop by. And wouldn't you know it, I wound up posting a few posts!

Glad to see you here RD but I'm not surprised! If you (privately!) want to let the other's on my buddy list over there know what's up that would be great. Have them stop by my blog if they'd like: http://youareisrael.blogspot.com/

Hello to all!

My brother RND,

God Bless

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2008, 01:35:27 PM »

....or maybe also over at the Christians Discuss Forum? :)

RND

• You are Israel
« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2008, 01:48:47 PM »

Glad to be here Daryl, thanks for having me. And yes, I am aware of the new Christians Discuss Forum, but I don't think for now I want to post over there. I'm not really looking for confrontation/debate/etc., which usually ends in playing in the sandbox as my buddy KJ would say.

I am curious of one thing however. How did that last dust-up involving me over CF go? Was I censured, banned, found incompetent to stand trial due to mental handicap or acquitted of all charges by the more reasonable and honest moderators (however few there are) over there?

I seem to remember I felt as though I was on a one-way track outta town!

:welcome: RND to Advent Talk.

I am happy to see you are now posting here. :)

Are you aware of the still new Christians Discuss Forum?

It is at http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2008, 01:56:32 PM »

Hi RND,

I am sending you a PM here in response to your question regarding CF.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2008, 11:30:26 AM »

Discussion here will be limited to introduction type posts, which is the sole purpose of this topic.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2008, 07:04:08 AM »

I have removed posts from here that were not appropriate in this type of topic.

Serendipity

« Reply #159 on: May 22, 2008, 01:15:54 PM »

Hi everyone,

i have kids and am a grandmother.

i  registered here as serendipity. That means "The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident." because i live not too far from 3ABN, and have met many of the people there, as well as being included in private e-mails by members here. This was becase i was included in email discussions, and others because they were forwarded by friends, and i was just an inocent observer.  This means i am aquainted with the people on both sides of these things. That makes me afraid of saying who i am, really. i hope that is ok here. It is very confusing.

i was registered at BSDA before. i have also been reading posts here too, but, so many are being moved to the hidden forums which friends and members know and said. This makes it is so hard to keep up with all, so i have now registered in order to read all. many others probably did this too!  i understand the forum wants members and that i understand, but other people like me need to know what is going on. This is my first post to count towards those which will lead me to read the hidden and private posts.

Can someone tell me how many more posts i need?

It is good to see and read all, but i do not think i will post more than i have to here. i hope that is ok to do. i don't want to say too much because people can attack me, and id on't want that.

i love the people and am a second generation Seventh-Day Adventist, but so much is very confusing and somuch is not understood.  
Maybe i am not alone. Others feel like this?

i hope to share the love of Jesus and see that here, and share it  as other's do when i can.

Sera

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2008, 02:01:41 PM »

Welcome, Serendipity!!  What a great name!!  I completely understand your hesitation to reveal your identity, and you don't need to!  It is very unfortunate that the 3ABN saga seems to have taken on a life of its own.

Your post here is perfectly OK, as is your desire to not say much but just read!  In order to access the additional discussion areas you need to have at least 6 posts.  It is hard to keep up - I know!!  But it will get easier as you get used to the forum.

When you feel you have something to say, be sure to say it!  Otherwise, you are welcome to simply read.  If you have issues or questions, either post them or send me (or anyone you choose!) a private message (PM) and I'll do my best to help.  I hope you find your time here a blessing!

Best regards,

Snoopy

Hi everyone,

i  registered here as serendipity. That means "The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident." because i live not too far from 3ABN, and have met many of the people there, as well as being included in private e-mails by members here. This was becase i was included in email discussions, and others because they were forwarded by friends, and i was just an inocent observer.  This means i am aquainted with the people on both sides of these things. That makes me afraid of saying who i am, really. i hope that is ok here. It is very confusing.

i was registered at BSDA before. i have also been reading posts here too, but, so many are being moved to the hidden forums which friends and members know and said. This makes it is so hard to keep up with all, so i have now registered in order to read all. many others probably did this too!  i understand the forum wants members and that i understand, but other people like me need to know what is going on. This is my first post to count towards those which will lead me to read the hidden and private posts.

It is good to see and read all, but i do not think i will post more than i have to here. i hope that is ok to do. i don't want to say too much because people can attack me, and id on't want that.

i love the people and am a second generation Seventh-Day Adventist, but so much is very confusing and somuch is not understood.  

i hope to share the love of Jesus and see that here, and share it  as other's do when i can.

Sera

Serendipity

« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2008, 02:12:42 PM »

i want to sincerily thank you Snoopy.

It is so very good to be made welcome. Again i thank you.

If i have questions i will ask, as you say. i am a very curious person, but mostly i will just read, and ponder the questions.

i think this is counted post number 2.

According to His almighty grace,
Sera

Welcome, Serendipity!!  What a great name!!  I completely understand your hesitation to reveal your identity, and you don't need to!  It is very unfortunate that the 3ABN saga seems to have taken on a life of its own.

Your post here is perfectly OK, as is your desire to not say much but just read!  In order to access the additional discussion areas you need to have at least 6 posts.  It is hard to keep up - I know!!  But it will get easier as you get used to the forum.

When you feel you have something to say, be sure to say it!  Otherwise, you are welcome to simply read.  If you have issues or questions, either post them or send me (or anyone you choose!) a private message (PM) and I'll do my best to help.  I hope you find your time here a blessing!

Best regards,

Snoopy

Hi everyone,

Sera

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2008, 02:20:44 PM »

Yes - post #2!!

I am not sure what you are hoping to learn, if you have a leaning toward a particular side of the debate or not.  But let me offer up two additional websites for you:

First is 3ABN's official website at www.3ABN.org.

Second is the site where a good deal of the evidence gathered in the case has been posted - www.save-3ABN.com.

And if you are interested in other discussions beyond the 3ABN happenings, you will find that here as well!  There are many wonderful people here, many interesting discussions, and many differing opinions!

I am glad you are here, Serendipity!!  And if you choose to respond to this post, you will be halfway to your goal!!

Blessings,

Snoopy

i want to sincerily thank you Snoopy.

It is so very good to be made welcome. Again i thank you.

If i have questions i will ask, as you say. i am a very curious person, but mostly i will just read, and ponder the questions.

i think this is counted post number 2.

According to His almighty grace,
Sera

Best regards,

Snoopy

Hi everyone,

Sera

Serendipity

« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2008, 02:43:12 PM »

i am so very happy to respond to your post and be halfway to my goal.

i am happy to say i leaning to the truth and where my savior leads me.  i like to see both sides as i have had before, and as you too give to decide. That is a good thing.

thank you so much.

i know you are just being nice. thank you so much, but you do not have to keep talking to me. Maybe other nice people will too.

sera

Serendipity

« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2008, 02:47:02 PM »

Snoopy,

i want to also say, I will read all interesting discussions as you say.

i forgot that part.

sera
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up