Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself To Us Here!  (Read 162114 times)

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Introduce Yourself To Us Here!
« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2008, 10:42:42 PM »

:welcome: to AT Freeindeed.

I'm not sure that your perception is correct in saying that you are here to "check on what's going on and what's being taught". It's not a matter of what is being taught. This is a discussion group; not a doctrinal determinant.

You will find doctrinal topics down further in that particular section. We do have friends who are not SDA as members here.

Thank you for the welcome, Chrissie.

Not sure I understand what you mean.  I've been perusing the doctrinal topics and am finding that much of the 'discussion' is teaching.  That is what I came to 'check on'.  For me and many others it is completely a matter of what is being taught.  Before I would recommend someone to a site I want to know what is being taught and who is doing the teaching?  What is the gist of discussion/teaching from those who control the site?

I do know of a couple of sites that discuss SDA beliefs and some of the difficulties/problems that allow for complete open discussion on those topics.  Does this site encourage open discussions, regardless of who is teaching or of the outcome (using Scripture - of course) or is only one side of the discussion allowed while the other is banned or strongly encouraged to leave by those who are allowed to discuss/teach?

I ask only because I've been a part of many (many!) discussion boards and this one is a new one to me.  So based on the nuances of this post, would I be welcome here or run off, even though I would be only about discussing beliefs based on Scripture, not about the individuals who may or may not hold those beliefs?

Again, thanks for the welcome...but am I really welcome?

In CHRIST alone...

You are indeed welcome here Free, but I suggest that you carry on this discussion in the 'Theology section', as requested. I note a request by Daryl a few posts back, making that very same request too.

Freeindeed

« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2008, 10:50:04 PM »

:welcome: Free. Hopefully, we can have some good conversation here as always.
RND, you know I'm always open to 'good conversation'.  It's when power plays are made that I consider it NOT to be 'good conversation' any longer.  Nobody has a market on God, Jesus Christ, the 'church' HE started 2000 years ago (the body of Christ, made up of ALL who believe in HIM alone for salvation, where Jesus Himself is the Head), and Christianity (the label given to all who believe in HIM).  If it's truly OPEN discussion, then I'm in.  I'm not for attacking individuals, but I AM for truly OPEN and Scriptural discussion of ANY belief.  I put them all on the table a long time ago knowing the God has promised that the Holy Spirit (who is fully God and who lives IN ALL who believe in Christ) will lead us into ALL truth (Jesus Christ!).  So...if that's what this board is about, I'm in...

In CHRIST ALONE...
Freeindeed

So if the Son makes you FREE, you will be FREE INDEED. Jn 8:36

So Christ has truly set us FREE. Now make sure that you stay FREE, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law. Gal 5:1

Freeindeed

« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2008, 10:56:22 PM »

You are indeed welcome here Free, but I suggest that you carry on this discussion in the 'Theology section', as requested. I note a request by Daryl a few posts back, making that very same request too.
No problem.  I think I'll watch the discussions for a while to see how others are treated and read what's available from past discussions before jumping in myself.  Thanks!

In CHRIST alone...
Freeindeed

So Christ has truly set us FREE. Now make sure that you stay FREE, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law. Gal 5:1

RND

• You are Israel
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2008, 11:29:10 PM »

:welcome: Free. Hopefully, we can have some good conversation here as always.
RND, you know I'm always open to 'good conversation'.  It's when power plays are made that I consider it NOT to be 'good conversation' any longer.  Nobody has a market on God, Jesus Christ, the 'church' HE started 2000 years ago (the body of Christ, made up of ALL who believe in HIM alone for salvation, where Jesus Himself is the Head), and Christianity (the label given to all who believe in HIM).  If it's truly OPEN discussion, then I'm in.  I'm not for attacking individuals, but I AM for truly OPEN and Scriptural discussion of ANY belief.  I put them all on the table a long time ago knowing the God has promised that the Holy Spirit (who is fully God and who lives IN ALL who believe in Christ) will lead us into ALL truth (Jesus Christ!).  So...if that's what this board is about, I'm in...

In CHRIST ALONE...

Yes Free, I've always known you be be open to good conversation and hopefully you can find that here. As far as any other points you've made I prefer not to comment. But, welcome none-the-less. What I think I'll do is start a discussion in the "Theology" arena with your name on it and you can pick the topic of your choice when you're ready!
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2008, 11:38:36 PM »

Now, what would be the point of that, RND?  When Freeindeed is ready to open a discussion, don't you think he or she can do it themselves?

Yes Free, I've always known you be be open to good conversation and hopefully you can find that here. As far as any other points you've made I prefer not to comment. But, welcome none-the-less. What I think I'll do is start a discussion in the "Theology" arena with your name on it and you can pick the topic of your choice when you're ready!

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #185 on: May 27, 2008, 05:29:05 AM »

ADMIN HAT ON!

This is an Introduce Yourself To Us Here thread, therefore, anything beyond that can be and may be removed.

ADMIN HAT OFF!

reddogs

« Reply #186 on: May 29, 2008, 07:13:39 AM »

Hey all.  I found this site based on a discussion from another board, so I came over to check out what's going on here and what is being taught.  It is my prayer that all people would find their identity in Jesus Christ, the full-revelation of the Father and that they would know that their salvation is secure because of what Jesus has done for them.  God bless you all in your journey.  I look forward to viewing your posts concerning Scripture on this site.

In Christ alone...

Freeindeed

Hey Free,

Glad to see you here, its always good to see old friends, I know we will have some great discussions........

Red... :puppykisses:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 07:16:43 AM by reddogs »

Freeindeed

« Reply #187 on: May 29, 2008, 08:36:32 AM »

Hey Free,

Glad to see you here, its always good to see old friends, I know we will have some great discussions........

Red... :puppykisses:
Hey Red, good to see you as well.  Thank you for the welcome.

FI
Freeindeed

Michael Kopper

« Reply #188 on: June 21, 2008, 06:54:55 PM »

thank you

hi people

im mike from the houston area an kindof new to theese forums

found this in a google search

Hi Mike.  :welcome: to AT and  :sabbath:

Kitty

« Reply #189 on: June 21, 2008, 07:51:46 PM »

Hi, I'm Kitty,

I live in the US at the present time.  I have lived in several countries besides travelling and visiting in others.  I love Australia and Asia.  I am afraid of the poisonous snakes in Australia though. 
In response to RND, I also appreciated Graham Maxwell during my Loma Linda years.  He taught me  a lot about God.
I am a SDA and enjoy having several church offices. 
Many folk in my church are there because of 3ABN.  3abn is a good station for the most part and I want it to succeed for sure.   But the issues there are real as I have been an eyewitness to wrongs done.   But God is good and loving and can bring folk to repentance and restoration.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2008, 08:29:26 PM »

Hi, I'm Kitty,

I live in the US at the present time.  I have lived in several countries besides travelling and visiting in others.  I love Australia and Asia.  I am afraid of the poisonous snakes in Australia though. 
In response to RND, I also appreciated Graham Maxwell during my Loma Linda years.  He taught me  a lot about God.
I am a SDA and enjoy having several church offices. 
Many folk in my church are there because of 3ABN.  3abn is a good station for the most part and I want it to succeed for sure.   But the issues there are real as I have been an eyewitness to wrongs done.   But God is good and loving and can bring folk to repentance and restoration.

:welcome: Kitty to AT.

:australia: is a great place, but I agree with you about the snakes. I don't see many though and many people have told me that they are more frightened of me, than I am of them. I've yet to be convinced of that though!  :dunno:

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #191 on: June 22, 2008, 05:14:35 AM »

:welcome: Kitty to AT.

I agree that there are many good programs being telecasted at 3ABN, therefore, I do not want to see it close down.

I also agree with you that there are serious concerns and issues there that need to be resolved, which can be discussed in the appropriate forum/s of AT.

W.I.L.T

« Reply #192 on: June 22, 2008, 06:25:26 AM »

Introduce myself? Well, I prefer to not say too much about myself. :horse:

I came looking for Christian, Christ like friends and discussions.

W.I.L.T

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #193 on: June 22, 2008, 01:05:17 PM »

:welcome: W.I.L.T. to Advent Talk.

Hopefully, you will find what you are looking for here. :)

Jack Indabocks

« Reply #194 on: July 02, 2008, 05:08:05 PM »

I hope all on here are doing well.

My handle is Jack Indabocks.

I plan on popping in and out from now on unless my spring gets sprung.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up