Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Seperation of the Wheat and Tares...  (Read 12460 times)

reddogs

Seperation of the Wheat and Tares...
« on: September 03, 2008, 01:10:44 PM »

Seperation of the Wheat and Tares....

Matthew 13:30
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

I am seeing more and more members picking up strange philosophies, private interpretations or letting go of the truth and the attributes seems to be letting go of the Sabbath, and stop believing in the testimonies given through the Spirit of Prophecy, and then a hardening of the heart against the truth that they once loved. So I believe the seperation or 'shaking' is on us full force, with many not even aware or with any understanding of its destructive purpose......Here are some points that I came across..

1 - False theories to destroy truth.

"When the shaking comes, by the introduction of false theories, these surface readers, anchored nowhere, are like shifting sand. They slide into any position to suit the tenor of their feelings of bitterness. . . Daniel and Revelation must be studied, as well as the other prophecies of the Old and New Testaments. Let there be light, yes, light, in your dwellings. For this we need to pray. The Holy Spirit, shining upon the sacred page, will open our understanding, that we may know what is truth."-Testimonies to Ministers, 112:1.

"The enemy will bring in false theories, such as the doctrine that there is no sanctuary. This is one of the points on which there will be a departing from the faith." -Evangelism, 224:3.

2 - The shaking occurs when the truth is refused.

"There is to be a shaking among God's people; but this is not the present truth to carry to the churches. It will be the result of refusing the truth presented." -2 Selected Messages, 13:1.

"The Lord is soon to come. There must be a refining, winnowing process in every church, for there are among us wicked men who do not love the truth or honor God."-Review, March 19, 1895.

"Not having received the love of the truth, they will be taken in the delusions of the enemy; they will give heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils and will depart from the faith."-6 Testimonies, 401 :0.

3 - The rejection of the straight testimony brings the shaking.

"I asked the meaning of the shaking I had seen and was shown that it would be caused by the straight testimony called forth by the counsel of the True Witness to the Laodiceans. This will have its effect upon the heart of the receiver, and will lead him to exalt the standard and pour forth the straight truth. Some will not bear this straight testimony. They will rise up against it, and this is what will cause a shaking among God's people. "-Early Writings, 270:2.

"The Lord calls for a renewal of the straight testimony borne in years past. He calls for a renewal of spiritual life. The spiritual energies of His people have long been torpid, but there is to be a resurrection from apparent death. By prayer and confession of sin we must clear the King's highway." -8 Testimonies, 297:5-6].

"One thing is certain: Those Seventh-day Adventists who take their stand under Satan's banner will first give up their faith in the warnings and reproofs contained in the Testimonies of God's Spirit." -3 Selected Messages, 84:3.

"The very last deception of Satan will be to make of none effect the testimony of the Spirit of God. 'Where there is no vision, the people perish,' (Proverbs 29:18). Satan will work ingeniously, in different ways and through different agencies, to unsettle the confidence of God's remnant people in the true testimony. "-1 Selected Messages, 48:3.

"The enemy has made his masterly efforts to unsettle the faith of our own people in the Testimonies. This is just as Satan designed it should be, and those who have been preparing the way for the people to pay no heed to the warnings and reproofs of the Testimonies of the Spirit of God will see that a tide of errors of all kinds will spring to life." - 3 Selected Messages, 83:3-4.

"It is Satan's plan to weaken the faith of God's people in the Testimonies. Next follows skepticism in regard to the vital points of our faith, the pillars of our position, then doubt as to the Holy Scriptures, and then the downward march to perdition. When the Testimonies, which were once believed, are doubted and given up, Satan knows the deceived ones will not stop at this; and he redoubles his efforts till he launches them into open rebellion, which becomes incurable and ends in destruction,"-4 Testimonies, 211:1.

4 - Disobedience brings the shaking.

"The history of the rebellion of Dathan and Abiram is being repeated, and will be repeated till the close of time. Who will be on the Lord's side? Who will be deceived, and in their turn become deceivers?" -Letter 15, 1892.

"The shaking of God blows away multitudeslike dry leaves."- 4 Testimonies, 89:2.

Now here is something that really left me thinking.............

In the last solemn work few great men will be engaged. They are self-sufficient, independent of God, and He cannot use them. The Lord has faithful servants, who in the shaking, testing time will be disclosed to view. There are preciousones now hidden who have not bowed the knee to Baal. They have not had the light which has been shining in a concentrated blaze upon you. But it may be under a rough and uninviting exterior the pure brightness of a genuine Christian character will be revealed. In the daytime we look toward heaven but do not see the stars. They are there, fixed in the firmament, but the eye cannot distinguish them. In the night we behold their genuine luster.

"The time is not far distant when the test will come to every soul. The mark of the beast will be urged upon us. Those who have step by step yielded to worldly customs will not find it a hard matter to yield to the powers that be, rather than subject themselves derision, insult, threatened imprisonment, and death." -5 Testimonies, 80:1- 81:1.

"As the storm approaches, a large class who have professed faith in the third angel's message, but have not been sanctified through obedience to the truth, abandon their position, and join the ranks of the opposition. By uniting with the world and partaking of its spirit, they have come to view matters in nearly the same light; and when the test is brought, they are prepared to choose the easy, popular side. Men of talent and pleasing address, who once rejoiced in the truth, employ their powers to deceive and mislead souls. They become the most bitter enemies of their former brethren. When Sabbathkeepers are brought before the courts to answer for their faith, these apostates are the most efficient agents of Satan to misrepresent and accuse them, and by false reports and insinuations to stir up the rulers against them."-Great Controversy, 608:2.

"Some had been shaken out and left by the way. The careless and indifferent, who did not join with those who prized victory and salvation enough to perseveringly plead and agonize for it, did not obtain it, and they were left behind in darkness, and their places were Immediately filled by others taking hold of the truth and coming into the ranks,"-Early Writings, 271:1

Johann

Re: Seperation of the Wheat and Tares...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 01:30:14 PM »

I find this worth considering, very timely, and a solid warning to those who honestly believe in the Lord and want to stay by His side to the end.

These are solemn warnings, and how can we make them personal and applicable?

Do these words contain a magic formula for us to follow like high poles along a winter road to see the true  path? What is the real issue in all of this? Are we guaranteed eternal salvation if we stubbornly and even at the risk of our lives refuse to accept the mark of the beast?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 10:33:34 PM »

The story is very straight forward, and right in line with what Jesus says about His Coming.  In this story, the servants do know enough to know that there are tare, but the master thells them not to pluck them becuase they still can't truly differentiate between the two and will pluck up wheat thinking them tares.  The true difference between the two was not on the surface, beyond that which the servants could see.

Another interesting point is that the master told them to wait for the reapers, that would give both wheat and tare an opportunity to.......grow.    :D  In other words, neither were ripe........there is a semon in there for somebody........Johann?   LOL!!  When fully grown and ready for the reapers was when the true determination could be made.

The lesson this holds for us is that we don't know who will be saved when Jesus comes. We cannot tell by their actions(of lack thereof) alone....by their outward appearance.  It is only "The Master"  who can also see their heart that can make that determination.  Not until "The Reapers" , the angels who come from the north south, east and west with the command to ".......bring my children from afar..........will the determination be made where we can see it.

I am no preacher, but I as I said I think there is a sermon in the somewhere..........  so in closing to OP actuallymissed the point of the parable is trying today to make the determination between the wheat and the tare.  He lacks insufficient evidence and authority to do so.
:D
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

reddogs

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 06:50:30 AM »

The story is very straight forward, and right in line with what Jesus says about His Coming.  In this story, the servants do know enough to know that there are tare, but the master thells them not to pluck them becuase they still can't truly differentiate between the two and will pluck up wheat thinking them tares.  The true difference between the two was not on the surface, beyond that which the servants could see.

Another interesting point is that the master told them to wait for the reapers, that would give both wheat and tare an opportunity to.......grow.    :D  In other words, neither were ripe........there is a semon in there for somebody........Johann?   LOL!!  When fully grown and ready for the reapers was when the true determination could be made.

The lesson this holds for us is that we don't know who will be saved when Jesus comes. We cannot tell by their actions(of lack thereof) alone....by their outward appearance.  It is only "The Master"  who can also see their heart that can make that determination.  Not until "The Reapers" , the angels who come from the north south, east and west with the command to ".......bring my children from afar..........will the determination be made where we can see it.

I am no preacher, but I as I said I think there is a sermon in the somewhere..........  so in closing to OP actuallymissed the point of the parable is trying today to make the determination between the wheat and the tare.  He lacks insufficient evidence and authority to do so.

Thats why we have the Holy Spirit is sent to us by Christ which in the last days will be strong in Gods people as they show themselves as the wheat, and the tares seperate from the truth....

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 08:58:45 PM »

No, Reddogs, that is not what the parables says.  It says that the reapers will be able to determine.  reapers = angels.  Unless you got something to tell us, I am going to assume that you are not an angel, not to mention an angel who is accompanying the Second Coming.The Holy Spirit will not equip you and I with the ability to read one's heart, motives.  That is reserved for God alone.

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

reddogs

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 03:35:39 PM »

No, Reddogs, that is not what the parables says.  It says that the reapers will be able to determine.  reapers = angels.  Unless you got something to tell us, I am going to assume that you are not an angel, not to mention an angel who is accompanying the Second Coming.The Holy Spirit will not equip you and I with the ability to read one's heart, motives.  That is reserved for God alone.

Read your scripture...

Acts 5
Ananias and Sapphira
 1Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2With his wife's full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles' feet.
 3Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4Didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied to men but to God."

5When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6Then the young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.

7About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8Peter asked her, "Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?"
      "Yes," she said, "that is the price."

9Peter said to her, "How could you agree to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also."

10At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 08:18:04 PM »

Nope, still not working, Reddogs.  Peter was an Apostle, and we know that he was not just joe blow memeber running up to them telling them their business.  Neither did God allow that in the Bible, he had prophets.  Youare now claiming to be a prophet/apostle? 

Still the story did not say that apostles will be able to determine the difference.  The story you use is an isolated incident happening with a Peter.  No working...Peter did not walk into a city and start telling folks who need to be saved and who were already.  God gave him the insight about this situation, because of the first church and they way they were. There word was their bond. Everyone else was keeping their vow to give all they had, or part or whatever.  Anninias and Sapphira should have just vowed to only give, part.  As it is they lied to God,a nd thought they got away with it because nobody knew.  What you do in the dark.

Try again, Dude.   :D 

Read your scripture...

Acts 5
Ananias and Sapphira
 1Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2With his wife's full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles' feet.
 3Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4Didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied to men but to God."

5When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6Then the young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.

7About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8Peter asked her, "Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?"

9Peter said to her, "How could you agree to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also."

10At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.

reddogs

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 05:00:38 AM »

Nope, still not working, Reddogs.  Peter was an Apostle, and we know that he was not just joe blow memeber running up to them telling them their business.  Neither did God allow that in the Bible, he had prophets.  Youare now claiming to be a prophet/apostle? 

Still the story did not say that apostles will be able to determine the difference.  The story you use is an isolated incident happening with a Peter.  No working...Peter did not walk into a city and start telling folks who need to be saved and who were already.  God gave him the insight about this situation, because of the first church and they way they were. There word was their bond. Everyone else was keeping their vow to give all they had, or part or whatever.  Anninias and Sapphira should have just vowed to only give, part.  As it is they lied to God,a nd thought they got away with it because nobody knew.  What you do in the dark.

Try again, Dude.   :D 

Read your scripture...

Acts 5
Ananias and Sapphira

You are restricting God for your own purposes, the Holy Spirit will be poured out and many things will be possible for Gods remnant that will be a suprise to many...

Mark 13:11
But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 05:08:13 AM by reddogs »

Johann

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 10:51:24 AM »

We do well using the words of Scripture. Then the words will be given us again when we really need them.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 04:56:38 PM »

Ok good try, but still no cigar.........vegan burger, rather.  LOL!!!

The parable was told by Jesus, Who is the One coming.  It is a parable about the Second Coming.  We do belief that we really don't know who will be saved and who won't, Only God knows, and that is what the story says.  So no matter which text you get to stretch into you own meaning, it won't work.  Firstly, because God is not a man that He should lie.  If Jesus says we won't know, then we won't know.  I believe that the Holy Spirit will pour out and a great many things donet hat have not been seen,,,,,,in our time.  However, judgement is for God and God alone.  I know this is something we may wish to know, however, soemthings are just for God as Creator of man.  That is not putting God ina box, but giving proper respect and due to Him as Soveregn God.  What would be the purpose to give fallible, unforgiving, vindictive man that kind of power..........before the twinking of an eye, etc.?

Right about now, you are sounding about like Eve was thinking when the serpent told her she would be "like" God.   OR the other who thought he might be like Jesus............

[You are restricting God for your own purposes, the Holy Spirit will be poured out and many things will be possible for Gods remnant that will be a suprise to many...

But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

reddogs

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 06:02:39 PM »

Ok good try, but still no cigar.........vegan burger, rather.  LOL!!!

The parable was told by Jesus, Who is the One coming.  It is a parable about the Second Coming.  We do belief that we really don't know who will be saved and who won't, Only God knows, and that is what the story says.  So no matter which text you get to stretch into you own meaning, it won't work.  Firstly, because God is not a man that He should lie.  If Jesus says we won't know, then we won't know.  I believe that the Holy Spirit will pour out and a great many things donet hat have not been seen,,,,,,in our time.  However, judgement is for God and God alone.  I know this is something we may wish to know, however, soemthings are just for God as Creator of man.  That is not putting God ina box, but giving proper respect and due to Him as Soveregn God.  What would be the purpose to give fallible, unforgiving, vindictive man that kind of power..........before the twinking of an eye, etc.?

Right about now, you are sounding about like Eve was thinking when the serpent told her she would be "like" God.   OR the other who thought he might be like Jesus............

[You are restricting God for your own purposes, the Holy Spirit will be poured out and many things will be possible for Gods remnant that will be a suprise to many...

I can see even what the scripture makes clear you have turned away from, to your own private interpretation, for the Holy Spirit is always working with man especially in the last days, guiding, giving understanding, strengthening, and doings its work which results in the fruits...

As you can see it clearly says the Spirit is with us, within us, deadening us to sin, being poured out and those that discerned are quickened and guided into all truth, but to some its folishness...

Romans 8
Life Through the Spirit
 1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in sinful man,[d] 4in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.
 5Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6The mind of sinful man[e] is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; 7the sinful mind[f] is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God. 9You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

Acts 2:18
And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I think you have made the path you are taking very clear for all to see, and we shall leave it at that....
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 06:21:00 PM by reddogs »

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 10:04:47 AM »

Sorry RD, these are just not cutting it.  None of these even infer that any man will have the power or authority to determine who will be saved and who will not.  Even in the time of the prophets, they did not bear certain doom, but a warning. 

BTW, why are so you dired up to sit in judgement of others?  That is an awesome responsibility, which is why it is God's alone, as Creator and Redeemer of man.

I can see even what the scripture makes clear you have turned away from, to your own private interpretation, for the Holy Spirit is always working with man especially in the last days, guiding, giving understanding, strengthening, and doings its work which results in the fruits...

As you can see it clearly says the Spirit is with us, within us, deadening us to sin, being poured out and those that discerned are quickened and guided into all truth, but to some its folishness...

Romans 8
Life Through the Spirit
 1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in sinful man,[d] 4in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.
 5Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6The mind of sinful man[e] is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; 7the sinful mind[f] is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God. 9You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I think you have made the path you are taking very clear for all to see, and we shall leave it at that....

reddogs

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 10:28:06 AM »

Sorry RD, these are just not cutting it.  None of these even infer that any man will have the power or authority to determine who will be saved and who will not.  Even in the time of the prophets, they did not bear certain doom, but a warning. 

BTW, why are so you dired up to sit in judgement of others?  That is an awesome responsibility, which is why it is God's alone, as Creator and Redeemer of man.

Romans 8
Life Through the Spirit

No one is sitting in judgement of anyone, the Spirit allows you to see and unveils according to its purpose, but I am afraid that you are rejecting what is plain in scripture, and we shall leave it at that
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 12:02:27 PM by reddogs »

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 07:46:47 PM »

You can leave it at that, if you like.  I still have soemthing to say.  I know you won't answer this question, but what good would come of God entrusting men, some men with such knowledge?  We already have superiorty issues, and we are all at the same level. 

reddogs

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 10:33:49 AM »

You can leave it at that, if you like.  I still have soemthing to say.  I know you won't answer this question, but what good would come of God entrusting men, some men with such knowledge?  We already have superiorty issues, and we are all at the same level. 

Because we do not fight against flesh and blood, thus God sends us what is needed when we ask, in the form of His Holy Spirit to guide us and give us understanding...

Luke 11:13
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up