Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seperation of the Wheat and Tares...  (Read 12403 times)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: Seperation of the Wheat and Tares...
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 07:46:46 PM »

I don't believe God will ever give one man the power to sit in judgement of another, no matter how they click their heels together........not working....
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

reddogs

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 05:53:24 AM »

I don't believe God will ever give one man the power to sit in judgement of another, no matter how they click their heels together........not working....

No one ever said anything about judgement, you put that in, we are talking about the Holy Spirit revealing to man so they can help the sinner, such as the sin of David with Bathsheba.

Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite. 1 Kg.15:5

But in the case of the wheat and the tares, it is the tares that choose a seperate path from God, and the Holy Spirit lets us discern and reveals it so we may not fall into the path they are going.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 08:40:54 PM »

But Nathan came to David long after the sins had been committed.  Why would God have to reveal to anyone someone else's sin, in order to keep them on other straight and narrow.  He has never done that before.  In fact, we can rest assured int he fact that God will not put our buisness in the street.  Not seeing why He should start.  Why would you ever need to know the sins of another in order for you to do right?  Or am I misunderstanding you still?

No one ever said anything about judgement, you put that in, we are talking about the Holy Spirit revealing to man so they can help the sinner, such as the sin of David with Bathsheba.

Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite. 1 Kg.15:5

But in the case of the wheat and the tares, it is the tares that choose a seperate path from God, and the Holy Spirit lets us discern and reveals it so we may not fall into the path they are going.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

reddogs

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 03:41:15 AM »

But Nathan came to David long after the sins had been committed.  Why would God have to reveal to anyone someone else's sin, in order to keep them on other straight and narrow.  He has never done that before.  In fact, we can rest assured int he fact that God will not put our buisness in the street.  Not seeing why He should start.  Why would you ever need to know the sins of another in order for you to do right?  Or am I misunderstanding you still?

That you will have to ask God as He does things according to His purpose..

Romans 9:16
So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 03:45:38 AM by reddogs »

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2008, 05:34:19 PM »

You can leave it at that, if you like.  I still have soemthing to say.  I know you won't answer this question, but what good would come of God entrusting men, some men with such knowledge?  We already have superiorty issues, and we are all at the same level. 

Hi princess di,
This is my first time on here and enjoying the posting. I am from Ohio. This post caught my eye. Just have a comment and question if I may. First of all. It is very true that God's creation of man was to entrust man with much because he loved his creations. He entrusted man with care of His earth, animals, flowers, crops and most of all He entrused us with Love and the creation of His population thru man.  In fact all his creations were created to give back to something. Including man that cannot at times understand this concept.  It is what they did with his trust that broke His heart. And next, I do not think that anyone is doing any judging other then using the God Given power of our brains to discern about patterns in peoples lives given by example of entrusted writers of God's Word. If we can't discern the fruits right or wrong and have sorrow for the wrong, then my question is "Who can or will help us??? He entrusted man with all that he Loved and Had except the "mystery of God". and that is more then Good enough for me.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up