Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Not to Patiently Waiting  (Read 9518 times)

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Not to Patiently Waiting
« on: September 06, 2008, 02:30:30 PM »

The big day seems to have arrived and baby Emily Alexandra is trying to make her arrival.
Contractions at 10 minues apart for a few hours and low back pain. Mom is doing well and is calmly waiting for the time to go to the hospital,my rotten son is laughing at me and I want to go down and tell them to let me do it so we can get this done. Last time my DIL asked me to wait in the lounge as I looked to be in more pain than she was.
When I told her to get up and let me finish this she thought it best I wait out side in lounge,Can't imagine why.
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

GrammieT

Re: Not to Patiently Waiting
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 07:39:49 PM »

The big day seems to have arrived and baby Emily Alexandra is trying to make her arrival.
Contractions at 10 minues apart for a few hours and low back pain. Mom is doing well and is calmly waiting for the time to go to the hospital,my rotten son is laughing at me and I want to go down and tell them to let me do it so we can get this done. Last time my DIL asked me to wait in the lounge as I looked to be in more pain than she was.
When I told her to get up and let me finish this she thought it best I wait out side in lounge,Can't imagine why. 

Dear Grandma Bonnie:

:D   :ROFL:   :thumbsup:   :hamster:   :rabbit:    :hot:   :help:  :o    :oops:   :puppykisses:

I don't know . . .  :dunno:   

It's okay, Grandma  :console:  Little Emily Alexandra  will be here soon!  :pals:    :purr:   :praying:

GrammieT     :amen:     :dogwag:

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 08:08:19 AM »

I hope and pray that little Emily Alexandra has finally decided to join the party and end her Grandma Bonnie's impatient state.

Congratulations to the family!
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 08:58:29 AM »

Finally at 2:22 am this morning. 7 lbs.14 ounces 21 inches long and the healthy lungs I have heard in a long time.

Didn't mention she is a perfect 12. We do not want a bakers dozen
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 10:39:53 AM »

What?  You don't want a Bakers Dozen!  You better tell the kids about that!  I have 11, and am not pushing for a dozen, but who knows!  Since we kind of run together, should I be worried about that?

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 11:00:06 AM »

What?  You don't want a Bakers Dozen!  You better tell the kids about that!  I have 11, and am not pushing for a dozen, but who knows!  Since we kind of run together, should I be worried about that?

You are NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!! This one wasn't planned for either. Five minutes after she was born she was what we all wanted. But I can live without 13. Love them all but at christmas time I feel like I have 11.5 to many.
But those brand new ones are so precious.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Baby Pics
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 04:35:20 PM »

Dylan,Daddy,Mommy, and Emily
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 12:56:45 PM by bonnie »

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
Re: Baby Pics
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 08:50:17 AM »

Dylan,Daddy and Emily

Great pictures, thanks for posting them. BEAUTIFUL family! That "big brother" looks like he can't wait to dig in to the job!  :puppykisses: He is ADORABLE TOO!! I can see Emily might be a singer. :o
Congratulations! Isn't God good
!
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 10:32:42 AM »

My last one was born in 2005. 

We had a family gathering this last weekend.  I felt so proud of them all! 

My oldest Grandchild is 18.  My youngest is 3.  They are sisters!  Big spread, huh?

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 12:39:31 PM »

My last one was born in 2005. 

We had a family gathering this last weekend.  I felt so proud of them all! 

My oldest Grandchild is 18.  My youngest is 3.  They are sisters!  Big spread, huh?

There just is nothing like a brand new baby.
Fran,
We can be proud grandma's and exercise all bragging rights.
I have this argument going with my brother's. Each of us claim to have the most beautiful,perfect grandcildren on earth. My brother's are living a fantasy. As special as they all are,my 12 rank number one.

My oldest is 21 and will be graduating nursing soon. He has always been the apple of grandma's eye. He is so mature now and has it so together it does not seem possible so many years have passed.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Re: Baby Pics
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 12:45:11 PM »

Great pictures, thanks for posting them. BEAUTIFUL family! That "big brother" looks like he can't wait to dig in to the job!  :puppykisses: He is ADORABLE TOO!! I can see Emily might be a singer. :o
Congratulations! Isn't God good?

That big brother Dylan can really tug at the old heart strings. During my DIL's pregnancy,if he felt chilly and went to get a blanket, he would bring one for baby Emily and cover mommy's tummy.

Emily has many characteristics of her oldest half sister. A set of lungs that would wake the dead. She screams at diaper changes just like big sister. Not cry's, but screams.
Ashley has always been my little drama queen and I think Emily will be same

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 03:13:15 PM »

Congratulations!

God is so good, isn't he?

By the way, 1 Th. 5:2, 3 compare the second coming with child birth. After experiencing with my wife the miracle of it all, I can see some parallels. You know it's coming soon and you think this might be it and that might be it, but it's just a false alarm and the baby doesn't come yet. But then finally labor starts, and you think, No, that can't be it. Maybe it's another false alarm. But then, there's no turning back.

May all sleep soundly through the night sooner than expected.

Emma

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 11:12:30 AM »

Congratulations!

God is so good, isn't he?

By the way, 1 Th. 5:2, 3 compare the second coming with child birth. After experiencing with my wife the miracle of it all, I can see some parallels. You know it's coming soon and you think this might be it and that might be it, but it's just a false alarm and the baby doesn't come yet. But then finally labor starts, and you think, No, that can't be it. Maybe it's another false alarm. But then, there's no turning back.

May all sleep soundly through the night sooner than expected.

Great post Bob, and congratulations, Bonnie and family.

I love the allusion to ! Thess 5.....my work involves babies coming, so I would have more cause than most to think those thoughts very often  :thumbsup: :)

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 03:16:38 PM »

Two of 12 reasons for getting up in the morning. With a bunch like this it is almost impossible to get depressed.
Best thing about being a mom is grandma follows

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 06:08:24 PM »

Oh my!  There is something about an innocent little baby that is so refreshing!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up