Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 10628 times)

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Christmas
« on: June 08, 2008, 10:43:05 AM »

Christmas is a really big family time for our family. It gets to be a challenge at times because of the numbers and different ages.
A few years ago, the Christmas following the death of one of our young adults, Christmas did not seem to mean the same.
I made a scarpbook/album for each family member. Including pictures and antidote's  of 4 generations . Our family is very large and I made for all neices/nephews/children/brothers and SIL's.
It was a big project for our family but can be kept smaller  and include only your chilfren.
It was a hit with all and each have claimed it one of the best Christmas's they can remember

Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Re: Christmas
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 10:51:27 AM »

A written history of your family makes a great and lasting gift.
After my mother past away,we were afraid her life's story would be forgotten. The Christmas following her death,I wrote her life's story and had it bound in book form. Her life was an inspiration to many . It was made even more interesting and worthy of not being forgotten because of her early years and adoption following the death of her mother to the flu of 1918.
Grams was loved and admired by all her grandchildren. Her death was extremely hard even on the adults.
Her story is cherished by all.
Something you cannot buy
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 05:10:36 PM »

The enclosed picture is a quilt made with  two of my grandchildren's artwork. Rather than lose it over the years I made it into quilts for them. Very simple technique and basic sewing skills and you can give a gift grandparents will never forget. These are especially nice and meaningful if you have elderly family members in a nursing home . I also have taken the cards my sons have given me over the years and made a card quilt. They choose some of the most beautiful cards and it was my way of perserving them

Naja

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 05:18:50 AM »

hello, Bonnie,
I just love your family loving attitude. Precious are the bonds that bind us to loved ones. And the ideas you have put into practice to show such love to the special ones is inspiring for me.
What my husband's family is like... welll, it best not go public. They are so rich that doing anything for them is like pouring out a well made pot of chili out over the railings of their yacht. We are the bad sheep that aren't really to be fellowshipped with is how we get treated. My family has really dwindle through death.
So my family is the Lord's body. I give and give of time, money, presents and good deeds every week to some one of church local or in the world somewhere.
I am so happy in God for seeing the needs of some get met without them expecting it.
Your Christmas ideas I can't put into personal practice but others reading will most likely get inspired to do for themselves in their families what you have done, I hope.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 05:25:30 AM »

As this is Bonnie's unique and very interesting way of expression, we all have our own unique and very interesting ways of expressing ourselves to and for others in relation to the blessings God has given us, as Naja had also shared with us here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up