Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN Annual Membership Meeting and First Board Meeting of 2008  (Read 91090 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN Annual Membership Meeting and First Board Meeting of 2008
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 07:29:15 PM »

It does not appear that there will be any broadcast time devoted to today's board meeting today.  The only mention I heard of it so far was while everyone was real busy talking Danny up and telling us how wonderful he is.  Per Pastor Gilley "We wanted to have him (DS) here with us tonight - he was with us today at the board meeting - but he had another commitment tonight."  Maybe DS had an appointment with the IRS tonight and couldn't make the live taping...

SoulEspresso

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 08:08:39 PM »

It does not appear that there will be any broadcast time devoted to today's board meeting today.  The only mention I heard of it so far was while everyone was real busy talking Danny up and telling us how wonderful he is.  Per Pastor Gilley "We wanted to have him (DS) here with us tonight - he was with us today at the board meeting - but he had another commitment tonight."  Maybe DS had an appointment with the IRS tonight and couldn't make the live taping...

:D :D :D   

If the board meeting went in a way he didn't like, he may have bagged the broadcast because he didn't want to face the cameras. 

I've been told by those that know him that when Jim Gilley's given a leadership role, he will not share it.  Was the praise on the show tonight a consolation prize for Danny?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 08:18:07 PM »

Well that's an interesting thought, Soul!  Maybe Danny couldn't make it tonight because he was on his way to the Caribbean???

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 09:31:29 PM »

Since Danny has been "counselled" not to travel, I doubt that the Carribean would be within the counsellors proposed travel limits.

Besides, Jim made it clear he had another "engagement". I am sure we will hear promptly about the terrific changes and new ideas that Jim referenced. But he made it clear that DLS is still welcome and an important advisor...wonder if that extends to tax and book-keeping matters?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 08:06:33 PM »

Since Danny has been "counselled" not to travel, I doubt that the Carribean would be within the counsellors proposed travel limits.

Besides, Jim made it clear he had another "engagement". I am sure we will hear promptly about the terrific changes and new ideas that Jim referenced. But he made it clear that DLS is still welcome and an important advisor...wonder if that extends to tax and book-keeping matters?

Gailon Arthur Joy
I'm thinking again that this is a politically correct way to sideline Danny Shelton while appearing to support him...

Is there any word as to results of the board meeting?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 11:26:43 PM »

author=Artiste link=topic=12.msg261#msg261 date=1201320393]

Is there any word as to results of the board meeting?

It's being kept rather quiet isn't it? Should be something leak out soon.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2008, 06:47:39 AM »

I'm thinking again that this is a politically correct way to sideline Danny Shelton while appearing to support him...

Is that honest?

Did he also say that Linda was welcome as an important adviser? Or is she disqualified because she made too many phone calls?

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2008, 02:06:51 PM »

Is that honest?

Did he also say that Linda was welcome as an important adviser? Or is she disqualified because she made too many phone calls?

No. That is not honest Bob. But there appears to be a culture of dishonesty that still pervades 3abn. Seems there's a need to pull it all down and rebuild from the top down and right through.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2008, 08:05:59 PM »

But there appears to be a culture of dishonesty that still pervades 3abn.

I said about the same recently in connection with the lawsuit, and got chastised for it, that my opinion would not constitute evidence in court. As if no evidence exists.

Remember reading this?

Quote from: Hal Steenson
Subject: Concerned
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:59:14 -0500

Dear ******,

Thank you for calling and asking our position on John Lomachang's presentation Friday night.  Here is 3ABN's statement on this matter. Thank you for helping us pass this on to everyone.  Once again we apologize for what happened.  It was a total surprise to all of us.

Thank You,

Hal Steenson

This is the statement I sent to Dr. Thompson.

Dr Walt,

I'm hurt, and I'm mad about what John Lomachang preached Friday night.  I came out of gross error and felt assured, until his series, that I was moving in the truth.  I'm not a scholar on the trumpets, however, even I knew that was wrong.  The sad thing is that so many people watching now think this is what we all believe. And all the new people in our church may now accept it as the gospel truth.  John's arrogance Sabbath morning goes along with what I told him months ago, "he has become a law unto himself."  He is neither answerable nor accountable to no one and as he put it Sabbath morning, he owes no one an apology.  If he wants to cut his own throat, so be it, but he sliced 3ABN up by teaching his "Adventists futuristic" opinion on live worldwide television.  What he did was not of God or from God.

I'm amazed,

Hal Steenson   

Compare that with this written in the spring of 2007:

Quote from: Hal Steenson
I know very little about the trumpets and until coming into this denomination had never heard them mentioned.  I have never-- at anytime ever sent out an email to anyone concerning what Pastor Lomacang preached about this subject.  I have never discussed what Pastor Lomacang shared on this topic with him or anyone.

So who is telling the truth? Hal Steenson in Oct 2005 or Hal Steenson a year and a half later?

I will add this note: I believe that the historicist interpretation of the trumpets is correct, and think that I can may a convincing case to that end.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 04:34:21 AM by Bob Pickle »

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2008, 08:27:59 PM »

Are they different? Oh, yeah, in 2005 he was a little tipsy and 2007 his memory came back!!! Does that make any sense??? Well, let's try something else:
maybe it is simply a senior moment??? Happens with age, you know.

Bet he can't remember telling Danny and Bro how to set up the Miracle Story either!!!

Memory is such a problem at 3ABN. Maybe it is something in the water down there.

Or is it just part of the 3ABN culture???

Looking for answers here???

Gailon Arthur Joy

SDAminister

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2008, 08:45:11 PM »

Bet he can't remember telling Danny and Bro how to set up the Miracle Story either!!!

What's the Miracle Story?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2008, 10:26:17 PM »

I'm thinking maybe it's that vegan diet that affects the memory???  :dunno:   

Are they different? Oh, yeah, in 2005 he was a little tipsy and 2007 his memory came back!!! Does that make any sense??? Well, let's try something else:
maybe it is simply a senior moment??? Happens with age, you know.

Memory is such a problem at 3ABN. Maybe it is something in the water down there.

Or is it just part of the 3ABN culture???

Looking for answers here???

Gailon Arthur Joy

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2008, 04:32:54 AM »

Then my memory must be shot. Been vegan about 29 years. :) How's my memory?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2008, 12:25:53 PM »

Well Bob - your memory seems to be fine!  Blows that theory!!!

Then my memory must be shot. Been vegan about 29 years. :) How's my memory?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2008, 03:34:54 PM »

I watched the repeat of Thursday night's live program.

There wasn't even a word about the 3ABN Board Meeting, therefore, whatever did happen there is obviously being kept under the rug at the moment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up