Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN and Danny Shelton File Voluntary Motion to Dismiss Lawsuit  (Read 102967 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN and Danny Shelton File Voluntary Motion to Dismiss Lawsuit
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 10:04:46 PM »

Let's just say...

Some of the parties desparately WANT it to be over!!  And for the other parties, a song comes to mind...

We've only just begun....

So, can somebody tell me in the Reader's Digest version exactly what this means?   Is the lawsuit over?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 12:35:27 PM »

Now isn't this an interesting turn of events!

What do people like Ian, Junebug, Sam etc. have to say about this? :wave:

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2008, 02:47:04 PM »

This reminds me of the time my son dropped the Maple Syrup; the bottle shattered leaving syrup EVERYWHERE!  This was years ago, but the other day I opened a cabinet door and there it was; more syrup!

Syrup (Information) about 3ABN has been splattered everywhere!  It is impossible to get it all back into a broken bottle!   Cleaning up (Damage Control) only smears the mess even more!  It is a sticky mess!

The information is out.  Too many people know.  They waited too long to act.

Was this a Danny decision or a 3ABN decision?  Surely they both know the buck has stopped at their door. 

How do they explain all of the money spent thus far?  Interesting indeed.

Wendall

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 02:51:48 PM »

It is time for a prediction. ;D In the near future someone or someones affiliated with the Plaintiffs whether that be a board member, employee, pastor, ministry etc. will resign from their position and/or distance themselves from the lawsuit or the Plaintiffs for possibly four reasons: 1. Personal civil liabilities 2. Personal criminal liabilities 3. Future business and employment opportunities;  if that person is known to be affiliated with certain issues in the lawsuit will possibly hamper their reputation and money making abilities. Maybe that is called guilty by association. 4. A need to become in a right relationship with Christ. ;D

They might become witness's in any future court proceedings for the Defendants. The heat may be getting turned up a notch. It is one thing to want a dismissal after all discovery is done and of course common sense tells one that if you want a dismissal a year before trial their are serious concerns with your positions in the complaints.

I believe the Plaintiffs tried to bluff the Defendants thinking that the Defendants would cease all activity against them. However, as time went on the activity has become like a stirred up hornets nest yielding a golden platter of harmful information about the plaintiffs to the defendants.

Bob and Gailon it seems like they misjudged you-BIG TIME :wave:

Time will tell.

:dogwag:

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 03:45:00 PM »

You know, I was kinda wondering that, too. They've been awfully quiet about it though, haven't they?

I think reality is finally setting in around 3ABNville. And to think, this could have all been avoided.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 05:27:11 PM »

You know, I was kinda wondering that, too. They've been awfully quiet about it though, haven't they?

I think reality is finally setting in around 3ABNville. And to think, this could have all been avoided.

With a little pondering, one might be able to determine why those Daryl wondered about haven't yet weighed in.

Duane, it would be interesting to hear your perspective on how this all could have been avoided.  I'm sure each of us has thoughts about this.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2008, 06:16:25 PM »

So now, Danny/3ABN brought the lawsuit against Bob and Gailon, right?  Now Danny/3ABN are motioning to drop the lawsuit action, right?  So now, when you talk about it not being over, does that mean that Bob and Gailon are going to court to contest the action to stop the lawsuit?  Their reasoning being................they were just beginning to enjoy being sued?  I really don't mean to be funny, I am just asking.......... :dunno:

Let's just say...

Some of the parties desparately WANT it to be over!!  And for the other parties, a song comes to mind...

So, can somebody tell me in the Reader's Digest version exactly what this means?   Is the lawsuit over?
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2008, 06:31:13 PM »

I think there should be consequences to those who launch a lawsuit and then want to dismiss it, such as covering all their expenses, apologizing for launching it in the first place, etc. and this is a big etc.

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2008, 08:54:11 PM »

So now, Danny/3ABN brought the lawsuit against Bob and Gailon, right?  Now Danny/3ABN are motioning to drop the lawsuit action, right?  So now, when you talk about it not being over, does that mean that Bob and Gailon are going to court to contest the action to stop the lawsuit?  Their reasoning being................they were just beginning to enjoy being sued?  I really don't mean to be funny, I am just asking.......... :dunno:

Let's just say...

Excellent point Di.  I recall numerous posts calling for 3abn to drop the law suit.  In fact, it might be appropriate to look at a selection of them.  I am shortening some but those interested can click on quote link to see the full post:

Which brings us to the question, Are Danny and 3ABN willing to forgive and drop the lawsuit? Instead of asking us whether we are willing to forgive, folks ought to be asking them.

Perhaps what Danny Shelton, Walt Thompson, and the rest really need to do is send us a letter thanking us for dealing with a situation that had gone on far too long before we ever entered the picture. They need to get over their personal vendettas or whatever their complex is, and drop the lawsuit that was in retaliation for us doing the right thing. It's their Christian duty.

If they've forgiven, why is the lawsuit still going on?

Rick,

See if you can talk to 3ABN/Danny and get them to throw in the towel.
Moreover, such a move would be unprecedented in the history of our denomination. When have we ever had someone accused of sexual assault, private inurement, unbiblical divorce, wrongfully terminating folks, filing a frivolous lawsuit, covering up child molestation allegations, lying about so many different things, and he still gets to continue on as if nothing happened? Without apologies, without restitution, and without dropping the frivolous lawsuit he started!

The one problem, Rick, is that I'm not the one who sued, so it isn't my choice to stop or even draw back. As long as they continue this suit, it can't be over.

According to their own time table, today they are 11 months late giving us a demand to settle. 11 months late!

Reply #58 on: June 01, 2008, 09:09:56 PM by Sister:

What individuals have stated is that they hate is the hypocrisy that has gone on behind the scenes at 3ABN. If 3ABN is now as successful as you claim, than why does Danny continue the lawsuits against other Adventists?

So, it is pretty clear from even this small selection of posts that some wanted to see it over.  I'm just curious about who exactly is singing "We've only just begun"...  Are they willing to weigh in and explain why they feel that way?
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2008, 08:57:08 PM »

No, it is not over...they have filed a MOTION to dismiss...it will be opposed for several reasons, not the least of which being the failure to request a dismissal with prejudice, and to specifically retain the right to litigate later...you mean after the documents are destoryed???

There will also be a battle by both sides for sanctions and a tolling of the costs.

This was clearly an attempt to avoid the required production of a pile for pending document requests and a half dozen additional subpoena's. It is probable the Motion to Dismiss will fail as it condones contempt!!!

Regardless, this motion has fully cured a claim for misuse of process and a host of other claims...get the point?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Habanero

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 09:14:13 PM »

Yep, I was wondering about that. It seems that in the documents they filed it was pretty clear that they really don't want anyone to see what is in the Remnant Publications documents. It seems that they want this closed and those documents kepts under seal and returned forthwith. It seems that there was a general change in attitude and in actions and reactions the moment Remnant turned the documents over to you guys. Then they jeopardized themselves and their lawyers by filing for dismissal. Those documents must hold some devastating secrets, I would guess.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 09:34:13 PM »

As with all evidence in the 3ABN vs Joy case, they confirmed our sources, and then some!!!

Keep in mind, we were developing a case that would survive the standard of "beyond a reasonable doubt" to assure an easy decision based upon the real standard of "the preponderence of the evidence". I prefer overkill to a possible resurrection!!!

In our discussions it was becoming a common theme: "just how deep do we want to bury these miscreants?...is six feet, ten feet, twenty feet or forty feet deep enough?" and the constant conclusion was "deep enough so they cannot be resurrected!!!"

It was getting pretty deep!!! And they had already compromised the legal team with a clearly frivolous lawsuit. They put up a stiff fight, but discovery was definitely going far further than they ever intended or thought possible.

But I will take FULLY RIPE CLAIMS for a frivolous suit sued under the tort "misuse of process"  and a handful of other claims, than to be defending the indefensible!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 01:06:20 AM »

As with all evidence in the 3ABN vs Joy case, they confirmed our sources, and then some!!!

Keep in mind, we were developing a case that would survive the standard of "beyond a reasonable doubt" to assure an easy decision based upon the real standard of "the preponderence of the evidence". I prefer overkill to a possible resurrection!!!

In our discussions it was becoming a common theme: "just how deep do we want to bury these miscreants?...is six feet, ten feet, twenty feet or forty feet deep enough?" and the constant conclusion was "deep enough so they cannot be resurrected!!!"

It was getting pretty deep!!! And they had already compromised the legal team with a clearly frivolous lawsuit. They put up a stiff fight, but discovery was definitely going far further than they ever intended or thought possible.

But I will take FULLY RIPE CLAIMS for a frivolous suit sued under the tort "misuse of process"  and a handful of other claims, than to be defending the indefensible!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
Gailon, as many have said before, Danny has a long history of threatening and bullying people when he wants them to be quiet. (So does Tommy, for that matter.) It has gone on for so long and with such success that he just expects the same results he has always gotten. You and Bob, however, have not followed the path that he is used to, and he honestly doesn't know how to handle that. It's just never been this way before.

Danny definitely started squirming when these last documents were pried from his hands. It doesn't take a lot of imagination to figure out why the motion to dismiss was filed. There's something in there he does NOT want anyone else to see.

For those who used to watch "WKRP in Cincinnati", Danny reminds me of Mr. Carlson's mother when she was inviting everyone to join her in a game of pool. She said, "Let me explain the house rules. If anyone gets ahead of me, they lose a turn. We all play very hard and in the end, I win. Any questions?"

I want to thank you and Bob for sticking with this. 3ABN is too good a ministry to be in the hands of a power hungry bully.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 04:08:33 AM »

I trust Gailon's adequately responds to Di's and GrandmaNettie's posts here. :wave:

It makes sense to carefully look at the specifics of a motion for dismissal and to make some of their own demands in relation to that in regards to re-imbursement of their expenses by 3ABN/Danny Shelton, not to be able to resurrect the lawsuit again, etc., and I do mean etc., whatever those etcs. are.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2008, 01:55:13 PM »

Gailon Arthur Joy
Gailon, as many have said before, Danny has a long history of threatening and bullying people when he wants them to be quiet. (So does Tommy, for that matter.) It has gone on for so long and with such success that he just expects the same results he has always gotten. You and Bob, however, have not followed the path that he is used to, and he honestly doesn't know how to handle that. It's just never been this way before.

Danny definitely started squirming when these last documents were pried from his hands. It doesn't take a lot of imagination to figure out why the motion to dismiss was filed. There's something in there he does NOT want anyone else to see.

For those who used to watch "WKRP in Cincinnati", Danny reminds me of Mr. Carlson's mother when she was inviting everyone to join her in a game of pool. She said, "Let me explain the house rules. If anyone gets ahead of me, they lose a turn. We all play very hard and in the end, I win. Any questions?"

I want to thank you and Bob for sticking with this. 3ABN is too good a ministry to be in the hands of a power hungry bully.

You, above most others, have felt the pain of their outrageous conduct!!! I wish you would consider pursuing the Philistines all the way tp Cairo!!! Or at least to the Federal Courthouse in Benton.

The Federal Bench in Benton has seen enough to know that the Face of Adventism is seriously flawed. I would say the same is true in Minnesotta, Michigan, Worcester and anywhere else we have pursued subpoena's. Simply put, 3ABN is a blight on Seventh-day Adventism and has no place in the final episodes in world eschatology. Better to put your money to work in the printed word that will surely survive the inevitable challenges to the the licenses of all the Media Ministries.

Anyone who reads the Counsels can see plainly how the work is finished!!! Read and put your money into the distributions of "Great Controversy", "Desire of Ages" and a host of other books written by EG White and watch the conversions rise as world events prove the Old Gray Haired Lady was prophetic!!!

In a few short years we have seen towers going up to heaven "burn like pitch", we have seen Islands move out of their place and some virtually disappear below the waves in the Sunami. We ar watching as the great businessmen of the world "struggle in vain" to put business back on a sound footing. Soon, VERY SOON, national apostacy will be followed by National Ruin!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, put your money into the printed word!!! And share it with those who are unaware of the terrible "time of trouble" ahead or the ultimate end of probation for us all!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up