Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN and Danny Shelton File Voluntary Motion to Dismiss Lawsuit  (Read 103190 times)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN and Danny Shelton File Voluntary Motion to Dismiss Lawsuit
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2008, 03:31:36 PM »

Now, I do understand that some things would need to be worked out.  I might can even see you filing something claiming they wasted your time and money for 18 mos.  But I am with Grandma, you all used to call for the law suit be dismissed and have recently called it frivolous.  We all know Danny was just mad cuz' his buisness was in the street. 

.....Well let me stop here a minute since I am already here.......Danny didn't realize that in tryna' to put Linda's business in the street, he would also be putting his own or no one would put his or something........guess he don't read much in itihe book of Esther(VeggieTales has a great version if you don't want to read)........when you build a noose for somebody else...........it just might end of being for you, right?   LOL!!!  Sorry, just had to take that detour. 

But hey!  Whatever floats your boat.

BTW, Thanks for answering GJ. I was beginning to think you were ignoring me.    ;D

No, it is not over...they have filed a MOTION to dismiss...it will be opposed for several reasons, not the least of which being the failure to request a dismissal with prejudice, and to specifically retain the right to litigate later...you mean after the documents are destoryed???

There will also be a battle by both sides for sanctions and a tolling of the costs.

This was clearly an attempt to avoid the required production of a pile for pending document requests and a half dozen additional subpoena's. It is probable the Motion to Dismiss will fail as it condones contempt!!!

Regardless, this motion has fully cured a claim for misuse of process and a host of other claims...get the point?

Gailon Arthur Joy
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2008, 11:56:43 AM »

Here is Bob's response to 3ABN and Danny's Motion to Dismiss the case.  The more I hear, the more disgusted I get.

Bob has become quite the lawyer!!

Wendall

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2008, 04:28:27 PM »

Thank You Snoopy for Bob's response. It should be read by all. We get to see the real issues first hand. I guess that might mean some of the poster's opinions about what they think might be occurring in the lawsuit are worth very little. I can see more clearly now. The motion to dismiss will be denied.

Snoopy, you might consider having Bob write your victory speech for President on this coming Tuesday. ;D :dogwag: :puppykisses: :usa:

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2008, 08:26:05 PM »

Thank You Snoopy for Bob's response. It should be read by all. We get to see the real issues first hand. I guess that might mean some of the poster's opinions about what they think might be occurring in the lawsuit are worth very little. I can see more clearly now. The motion to dismiss will be denied.

Snoopy, you might consider having Bob write your victory speech for President on this coming Tuesday. ;D :dogwag: :puppykisses: :usa:

Sorry, Wendall, but we lost this round...the judge definitely allowed the Voluntary Motion for Dismissal, but invited us all back to his courtroom if we could not get along!!!

Guess what, I already decided we are not getting along!!! Besides, I am not finished with Danny Lee Shelton yet!!! That man cannot become the phoenix and I don't care how much Jimmy likes the boy...he is a King and you know what they do with conquered kings? Ask the czar and his entire family!!!

In pursuit of justice!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Donna

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2008, 02:37:10 AM »

Gailon, you do not know what spirit you are of. Threats and instilling fear is not from God who tells us that "perfect love casts out fear".

Habanero

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2008, 03:26:14 AM »

Gailon, you do not know what spirit you are of. Threats and instilling fear is not from God who tells us that "perfect love casts out fear".
Then can you, Donna, explain the threats, instilling of fear, and the threats of instilling of fear from Danny and various others at 3ABN? Can you explain how that is of God? Can you explain how blackmail and the perpetual pursuit of of people including the woman who stood at his side until Danny dumped her and took on a fresh new girl younger than his daughter is the reflection of Christ? Can you explain how calling, using his cronies to call, and spreading lies and saying that there is evidence that could not, and does not exist, is there to keep the people who Danny and 3ABN cannot tolerate because they no longer believe in him or his organization from living and working and existing in their communities, and trying to destroy their careers and lives is perfect love?

Whatever 3ABN is the face of is certainly reflected in the love, forgiveness and beautiful joy of Sam, Ian, Steffan, and other 3ABN viewers and representative like themselves. Are Sam and Ian any more beautiful and filled with love and Christian joy than what you see in Gailon? Sam's prayers that people will get sued and his constantly stated desire for people to suffer, go to jail and be put through agony makes him the perfect representative of 3ABN and people like you who hold that the dissemination of a theology supercedes individuals and human souls.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 03:43:09 AM by Habanero »

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2008, 07:28:02 AM »

Wow, that was quick!!!

Was the decision by the judge done before or after reading the response provided as a download by Snoopy?

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2008, 07:39:58 AM »

Daryl:

This is the way our legal system works.  When I learned that 3-ABN/Danny Shelton had filed a motion to dismiss the case I asked a male attorney friend of mine what would likely happen.  He quickly informed me that the Court was very likelly to substantially grant the motion to dismiss. Then he explained why.  It made sense.

The ball, so to speak, in now in the other court.  It is up to Gailon and Bob to file litigation, if they chose to do so, and I expect that they will do so.

I have said all along that each side would win some and each side will lose some.  I expect the same.

I frankly expect that Gailon and Bob will win a major battle, should they continue to fight.  But, I do not expect that they will win everything.

3-ABN was within their rights to file the litigation against Gailon and Bob.  Now Gailon and Bob are within their rights to file litigation of their own.  We, shall simply have to watch to see how it all plays out and who wins what.

Gregory Matthews

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2008, 07:46:52 AM »

Gregory:

Didn't you say the opposite about this after the so called exoneration of 3ABN by the IRS in that this result of the IRS investigation would go against Joy & Pickle to the point where they wouldn't win the lawsuit, or am I not recalling this correctly?

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2008, 08:16:30 AM »

Daryl;

Very good question.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2008, 09:43:56 AM »

Daryl:

You are essentially correct and I am not going to quible over minor points.

This litigation has morphed into a number of areas.  I have never commented on some of the legal issues that are now under consideration other than to say that I expected each side to win some and to lose some.

My comment in regard to the IRS was directly related to the lawsuit that 3-ABN and Danny Shelton had filed against Gailon and Bob.  Yes, I stated that I believed that the IRS results (which is denied by some) made it harder for Gailon and Bob to prevail in that lawsuit.

I understand that the above lawsuit has been dismissed.  If I am wrong I will have to relook at the  current situation.  My current understanding of the legal situation is that the potential exists for Gailon and Bob to win a major victory on one of the tangential issues that has previously been in the background and now may come to the fore-front.  Am I 100% certain?  No I am not.  It will clearly depend on what Gailon and Bob do next.  It will clearly depend on what ruling the court makes on regard to that issue.

O.K.  So, I think that a potential exists for a major victory, what about the rest?  On most of the rest I do not have an opinion and I simply revert to what I have said in the past: Each side will likely win some and lose some.  Nothing is a slam dunk.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2008, 12:12:58 PM »

Yes, Wendall.  There were a lot of very interesting tidbits in there.  I would hire the Bob & Gailon team any day!

And, by the way, Wendall..... :puppykisses:..........just for you!  And Sir Pumpkin sends tuna kisses, too!!

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2008, 12:52:10 PM »

Here is Bob's response to 3ABN and Danny's Motion to Dismiss the case.  The more I hear, the more disgusted I get.

Bob has become quite the lawyer!!

Indeed he has. Credit where credit is due. Bob and Gailon have more or less put their lives 'on hold' with this matter. I admire their tenacity and their professionalism.

I felt sickened as I read that DS/3abn wanted the case dismissed 'Without prejudice' and with all documentation returned, which meant that they could open the case again, just whenever it suited them. Talk about dirty tricks, but when has anything been different from that side?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2008, 01:17:12 PM »

I agree, Chrissie.  However, I would not be surprised at all to see the Bob/Gailon team tackle yet another dirty trick with brilliant legal strategy.

Indeed he has. Credit where credit is due. Bob and Gailon have more or less put their lives 'on hold' with this matter. I admire their tenacity and their professionalism.

I felt sickened as I read that DS/3abn wanted the case dismissed 'Without prejudice' and with all documentation returned, which meant that they could open the case again, just whenever it suited them. Talk about dirty tricks, but when has anything been different from that side?

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2008, 02:11:58 PM »

I see Bob and Gailon as a couple that were drug where they did not want to go.

This took them into the area of it being necessary to stop their livelihood to learn how to defend themselves and in the process Bob and Gailon have excelled.

Many have said that necessity is the mother of invention.  Necessity, in this case, has brought about excellence. 

On any learning curve there will be lessons learned through mistakes.  These mistake teach valuable lessons.  It is a shame others can not let that go and see the end result of their efforts.  I have never expected perfection of anyone.  I don't want people picking at me for my mistakes.  When people start that, I wonder if this is not a habit that has been the case for years.

When we know people for years from posting, you become aware that some people, including myself never change.

I have not been surprised at the turn of these discussions during the past few months.

I am behind any action of Bob and Gailon.  They have the right to make their own mistakes and successes since it is their lives that are affected by Danny and 3ABN's assault on their lives to try to take away their freedom of speech!  God did not put me in that situation because he knew I could not do it.  He did not make a mistake in choosing Bob and Gailon. 

What ever their choice is, I am behind it.  I am not in their shoes and do not have all the facts they have.  I only have facts about eBay and what auditors found. 

Therefore, I concede to them to make what-ever choice God directs them to take.  I will back them up and help in any way I can!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 06:12:27 PM by Fran »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up