Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cuba Evangelistic Trip with Finley  (Read 10574 times)

Dan Pabon

Cuba Evangelistic Trip with Finley
« on: February 23, 2008, 05:22:56 AM »

Brethren:

On Wednesday, March 5th. I'll be traveling to Cuba with Pastor Finley, his wife Teeny and two other pastors to hold a series of evangelistic meeting in the Southeastern part of the island, the city of Santiago. We'll be preaching every night starting Wednesday eve in Havana, and then traveling to Santiago the next day and meet with our brethren there, along with visitors and interested people as well for 10 consecutive nights. This event is sponsored by "La Voz de La Esperanza" (an SDA sponsored radio broadcast) and as part of a series of evangelistic events that will continue in Cuba the following months and throughout this year.

I ask to please keep us in your prayers. We ask for the guidance of the Holy Spirit at every moment, every ministerial workshop, every new contact and every sermon preached during our tenure there. My main job will be to be Pastor Finley's interpreter at all times, besides bringing some recording and video equipment with me, thanks to the Hope Channel's kindness.

Cuba is in the verge of some kind of transition due to the recent change of government leadership there. Anxiety abides in every heart. But Jesus' return to planet earth continue to be our hope. And that's the reason we are going. To give our brethren there encouragement and to pray with and for them.

I will try to report (if I can get access to the Internet there) and keep all of our prayer partners here in the Sates abreast of the situation as it unfolds on [hopefully] a daily basis.

Keep the faith, and have a blessed Sabbath.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 04:38:45 AM by Dan Pabon »
Dan Pabón
The Hope Channel
Adventist TV Center
12501 Old Columbia Pike
Silver Spring, MD 20904

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: Cuba Evangelistic Trip with Finley
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 12:39:54 PM »

We will be looking forward with great interest to your updates.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 06:13:01 PM »

Had prayer today at church today for this effort.

Johann

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 02:27:35 AM »

We will continue to pray for this effort. Both for you and Mark Finley and your coworkers - and the people whoo come to your meetings. Tell Mark that we are praying for him too.

Johann

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 02:05:39 AM »

We trust the Lord has blessed this effort. What is the latest?

roxe

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 08:48:46 PM »

Johann,

Have you tried PMing or emailing him about updating this thread??

roxe

reddogs

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 02:53:56 PM »

Brethren:

On Wednesday, March 5th. I'll be traveling to Cuba with Pastor Finley, his wife Teeny and two other pastors to hold a series of evangelistic meeting in the Southeastern part of the island, the city of Santiago. We'll be preaching every night starting Wednesday eve in Havana, and then traveling to Santiago the next day and meet with our brethren there, along with visitors and interested people as well for 10 consecutive nights. This event is sponsored by "La Voz de La Esperanza" (an SDA sponsored radio broadcast) and as part of a series of evangelistic events that will continue in Cuba the following months and throughout this year.

I ask to please keep us in your prayers. We ask for the guidance of the Holy Spirit at every moment, every ministerial workshop, every new contact and every sermon preached during our tenure there. My main job will be to be Pastor Finley's interpreter at all times, besides bringing some recording and video equipment with me, thanks to the Hope Channel's kindness.

Cuba is in the verge of some kind of transition due to the recent change of government leadership there. Anxiety abides in every heart. But Jesus' return to planet earth continue to be our hope. And that's the reason we are going. To give our brethren there encouragement and to pray with and for them.

I will try to report (if I can get access to the Internet there) and keep all of our prayer partners here in the Sates abreast of the situation as it unfolds on [hopefully] a daily basis.

Keep the faith, and have a blessed Sabbath.

Dan,

Its been a long time since I've seen you, I am thrilled to see you are openning Cuba back up to Gods truth. Many of the members here in Miami long to see the day they can go back and fill the churches they left behind. I know God will open many doors in the comming days in Cuba, and His blessings will be shared with all the members there. Let us know more when you get a chance...

God bless
Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up