Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jerry Patzer Pacific Northwest Union President  (Read 6005 times)

guide4him

Jerry Patzer Pacific Northwest Union President
« on: October 29, 2008, 09:48:20 AM »

Please pray for Jerry Patzer's family in this time of sorrow.

I heard that Jerry Patzer passed away day before yesterday. I don't have any details. He had had cancer and fought it but apparently it came back with a vengence. Some other folk my have more information than what I have. I called ABC in College Place in Upper Columbia Conference. All they know is he passed away.

guide4him

Re: Jerry Patzer Pacific Northwest Union President
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 04:51:11 PM »

I just received this news release from Steve Vistaunet from the Gleaner of NPU

Jere D. Patzer
November 24, 1946 – October 26, 2008

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

October 27, 2008 – [Ridgefield, WA] – With deep sadness we share the news that Jere D. Patzer, North Pacific Union Conference president since 1996, passed away late Sunday evening, October 26, after a long battle with
non-Hodgkins lymphoma. He was 61.

While Jere had been challenged in recent days by increasing side effects of his chemotherapy treatment, he felt considerably weaker on Sunday morning and was taken to the hospital for hydration. Doctors there discovered an infection developing in his lungs and began immediate and aggressive treatment. Partially because of Jere’s compromised immune system due to recent chemotherapy, medical personnel were unable to stem the infection. Jere fell asleep in Jesus surrounded by loved ones.

Born in Bozeman, Montana, November 24, 1946, Jere Patzer graduated from Atlantic Union College in 1969 with degrees in Business Administration and Religion. He pastored in the New York and Pennsylvania conferences before moving into conference leadership, directing youth ministries for the Pennsylvania, Oregon and North Pacific Union Conferences. In 1982 he moved to the Upper Columbia Conference headquartered in Spokane, Wash., serving as executive secretary for three years. He was elected president of that conference in 1985, a position he held until 1996, when he accepted the presidency of the North Pacific Union, the Northwest headquarters within North America for the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Throughout his professional journey, Jere added an M.B.A. and also a Doctor of Ministry degree. At the time of his death, he was also serving as chair of the Adventist Health board of directors and the Walla Walla University board. He authored four books published by the Pacific Press. He was well known throughout the world for his commitment to evangelism, personally conducting major series on nearly every major continent.

Jere is survived by his wife, Sue, who serves as the NPUC director of women’s ministries; son, Darin, manager of KEEH radio in Spokane; son, Troy, principal of Upper Columbia Academy in Spangle, Wash. principal; daughter, Carissa, of Boise, Id.; and father, Arthur, of College Place, Wash.

A memorial service is planned, although exact date and location details have not yet been finalized. This information will be sent out as it becomes available. The family has asked that in lieu of flowers, donations be made in care of the North Pacific Union Conference

guide4him

Re: Jerry Patzer Pacific Northwest Union President
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 04:57:56 PM »

Patzer Memorial Service November 15, 3 pm Meadow Glade Church Battle Ground, WA

Pages: [1]   Go Up