Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why, oh Why.....  (Read 34703 times)

tinka

• Veteran Member
Re: Why, oh Why.....
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2011, 12:54:48 PM »

Never heard of it till now, just didnot like the added fanfare to add to what is going on.  then when my 3abn dish did not work anymore I did not watch it for several years. A change from Direct tv to Dishnet gave me 3abn automatically with the lowest package deal. They say it is on all packages that you subcribe too.

guide4him

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2011, 07:24:50 PM »

This reminds me of  what Adam and Eve replied in the Garden when they were hiding from God and he asked them why they knew they were naked. "the woman you gave to me" ...."the serpent begiled me and I did eat" .... EXCUSES.

Airing dirty laundry on world wide tv is not acceptable, in my opinion. Giving excuses for what happened between the two of them doesn't give them the right to council others. At this time I don't have an alternative solution how they should have talked.

Just my personal opinion.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2011, 02:37:48 AM »

Thank you for your opinion too. It just was not the right thing to do and wondered if it was just me that felt somewhat sick over it.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2011, 10:09:18 PM »

In fact Matthew 18 prescribes a very clear progression of steps that requires public exhortation, albeit to bring reconciliation. And so does Timothy.

What I have come to dispise is the Adventist arguement that "I have no problem with dealing with the truth, but the way you did it was wrong", and usually by members who know there is wrongful conduct bit would really elect to do nothing to acheive justice. Hypocracy and a lack of spine and character is the prevalent issue in Adventism and allows the Danny Lee shelton to exist without accountability.

I am long past a time when I cared how any one of you like my delivery...if it is the truth, deal with it, don't waste your time blaming me for your failure to hold miscreeants accountable.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Harold, Tinka what is it exactly that comfessed to on the show?  Now, we are supposed to confess our faults to one another, the Bible says, for a God given source of encouragement from our brothers and sisters.  The reason most people don't, maybe because of the response by Tinka and Harold.  it just is not safe.People may still judge you by sins of which God has alreayd forgiven.

Then there just is bad taste........so which is it?  What did they do?

As the Bible says, 'to one another'.  I don't think that means you are to do your 'laundry' in front of the whole world.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2011, 06:54:25 AM »

True confession is always of a specific character, and acknowledges particular sins. They may be of such a nature as to be brought before God only; they may be wrongs that should be confessed to individuals who have suffered injury through them; or they may be of a public character, and should then be as publicly confessed. But all confession should be definite and to the point, acknowledging the very sins of which you are guilty.  {FLB 128.3}
     Many, many confessions should never be spoken in the hearing of mortals; for the result is that which the limited judgment of finite beings does not anticipate. . . . God will be better glorified if we confess the secret, inbred corruption of the heart to Jesus alone than if we open its recesses to finite, erring man, who cannot judge righteously unless his heart is constantly imbued with the Spirit of God. . . . Do not pour into human ears the story which God alone should hear.  {FLB 128.4}
     The confession that is the outpouring of the inmost soul finds its way to the God of infinite pity.  {FLB 128.5}
     Your sins may be as mountains before you; but if you humble your heart, and confess your sins, trusting in the merits of a crucified and risen Saviour, He will forgive, and will cleanse you from all unrighteousness. . . . Desire the fullness of the grace of Christ. Let your heart be filled with an intense longing for His righteousness.
 {FLB 128.6}

Public sins to be confessed in public as we see the public abuse of TS and DS, and some personal to God only. In their case it did not happen as the victims must bring to court their abuse.  So it seems the Rafferty's should have hid theirs with Jesus only....in my opinion. It did not give me a good feeling afterward. I would rather have not heard their personal story. It is appalling enough that 3abn came into public sins because of their deceit in character of using public pew funds to carry on their lifestyles.  It is true, I never look for the bad in people until they divuldge their own personal sludge in intentional sin and unintentional & whether one can discern their choice of close relationalships with them. It is important to discern for the benefit of held offices in the church. If not you get what you get and the leader can bring down a church.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up