Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for my son  (Read 8170 times)

Lil Star

Prayer for my son
« on: November 26, 2008, 05:55:43 PM »

I'm sorry to come here only once in awhile and then think that I could ask for prayer from ya but here I am, and I NEED to ask for your prayers.

On Monday evening my son came up missing. He stole my car and then when I found the car, he was no place to be found. The car is wrecked and he isn't around. I have not spoken to him nor have I seen him since then. We moved to Portland Oregon and the crime rate isn't what it was in Montana. There are many many MANY missing persons and dead persons that have not been found in years. I'm am so very worried and scared for my son. I love him with all my heart, I just want to know that he is safe and sound. After we find him THEN I can scare him beyond anything he has been scared about. Just right now, I need prayers that he is safe and sound and that he will be found.
Please pray for him?  Thank you
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

Fran

• Veteran Member
Re: Prayer for my son
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 08:16:12 PM »

Oh, Lil Star;

As a mom, my heart goes out to you!  I am praying for your son.  May God be gracious and bring him back home to you soon.

Johann

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 11:12:06 PM »

This reminds me of Linda's concern for her son with not contact for weeks. We prayed for him, and now he seems ok. We pray the same for you, Lil Star.

Lil Star

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 11:30:40 AM »

Thank you two for your prayers. My son still has not been seen. His phone no longer answers when I call. I still have not seen him. I was just called by the police and they have not seen or heard from him either. He was supposed to have gotten a hold of them but no one has seen or heard from him. Please please please ask the Lord to send him back to me so I k now he is at least safe.... I have now posted on his web sites that I know he goes to that if anyone knows information on him to let me know as I am just so very worried. I have gotten nothing from anyone there either.
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 01:49:07 PM »

Lil Star;

I understand your anguish!  Once my daughter didn't contact me for about 5 months.  I called every jail and morgue!  I called the Canadian police and found out she had arrest warrants out for her.  Finally she called!  It is my prayer your son will call you soon.  Have you asked the police to locate his phone before the battery goes?  Have the police check to see if he has been using that phone.  Does he have credit cards?  When and where were his last purchases?  Does he have a phone card?  Did you check your old home town?  Maybe he got home sick? 

I am sure you have answered all these questions already. I am so sorry and so helpless to help!  However, I will be praying for his safety.

It is my prayer that God will cover him with His wings of protection.  I am with you through the days ahead.  It is my prayer that he is just feeling guilty and can't face you.  I am praying for you to have peace in God to see you through this time.

I will pray until you tell us he is OK!

From another mom who has been there.

Lil Star

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 09:34:02 PM »

This morning I got a call from the hospital emergency room. They had my son. I started crying and asked if he was alright. He was but he was on the side of the road vomiting. The bus driver called the ambulance and that is how I finally got in touch with my son. For now he is with me. I am unsure of for how long but while I have him at least I know that he is alright. He was filthy and stank like no one I have ever been around however, I guess that is what happens when you live on the streets and are not able to take a shower or even brush your teeth.
I just thank God and everyone who has prayed for my son. He seems to be alright. Although, I have only been around him now for about 2 hours. Time will tell. I can tell he is not the same boy as when he left. Please keep him in your prayers. He has a lot to go through as he has to deal with the police and then he has to help fix my car. He stole it and someone hit him. I am making sure he fixes it or pays for someone else to fix it.
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 10:22:47 PM »

Praise be to God!  He may stink and be filthy, but a mother's love reaches deep and sees her child!  What a wonder God is!

I will continue to pray.  Life for your son is very hard now because of his choices. However, God is so good to forgive and love him.  I also have been praying for you!

It may not be over, but he is alive and with you.  He couldn't be in a safer more loving place!

Emma

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 10:27:14 AM »

Thank you for the update Lil Star, and you will both be in my prayers.

Lil Star

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 11:10:12 PM »

Thank you everyone that have kept my son and I in your prayers. He is still with me as of right now. However, I'm sure we will still need your prayers. There is a long road to go before things will be back on even keel.
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

Emma

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2008, 11:28:37 PM »

Lil Star I pray that you and your son and the rest of the family were able to enjoy some good time together over the holidays.

mfc10

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 05:43:30 PM »

Do you have an update? I am praying for your situation.
Maggie C.
Pages: [1]   Go Up