Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Poll

Did Brenda Walsh claim that her ticket was bought against her wishes?

Yes, Brenda falsely claimed that she opposed the trip to Florida before the ticket was purchased for her.
- 6 (100%)
No, Brenda is not claiming that she opposed the trip to Florida before the ticket was purchased.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did Brenda Walsh claim that her ticket was bought against her wishes?  (Read 2772 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing

Around a year ago, Brenda said,

I said ..., “I’m not going, I said, if if Danny, if ... doesn’t approve of this.” ... “I’m not doing this.” But I refused to go. And she did buy my ticket, and I refused to go.

The question is, Did Brenda claim that she opposed the trip before her ticket was purchased?

Since Brenda arranged for the purchase of the tickets, she clearly could not have opposed their purchase. Does this fact conflict with her statement above, made perhaps four years after the events occurred?

The pertinent documents for this question are linked below.

Back on September 8, 2008, an affidavit was filed in Three Angels v. Joy citing on p. 3 a recording of a conversation Brenda had in which she claimed that Linda Shelton had bought tickets for the two of them to go to Florida against Brenda's wishes. However, Brenda's email to Dee Hilderbrand of March 4, 2004, which was also filed in court, proves that it was Brenda, not Linda, that reserved the tickets, and that Brenda instructed Dee to pay for them within 24 hours.

Both the receipt for Brenda's ticket and the receipt for Linda's ticket were printed out from Mollie Steenson's computer account, confirming that 3ABN, not Linda, bought these tickets, which were for personal vacation travel.

The affidavit also states that Brenda claimed that Linda's ticket was used, and this corresponds to a notarized statement in which she states on p. 3 that Brenda told her that Linda did go to Florida as planned to rendezvous with Arild Abrahamsen. Yet Delta Airlines, the airline the tickets were bought from, states that Linda's ticket was never used, and has provided the paperwork to prove it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up