Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: That Bob Norton et. al. be found safe and sound  (Read 7494 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
That Bob Norton et. al. be found safe and sound
« on: February 19, 2009, 02:06:01 PM »

Yesterday an old roommate of mine called me up and told me that Bob Norton had been missing for 36 hours.

Bob and his brothers Bud and Bill and I all went to Bass Memorial Academy. Their father was a missionary in southern Mexico who died in a plane crash, I seem to think it was Bill's senior year.

Bill has been involved in mission aviation a number of places, and Bob has been flying for Gospel Ministries International.

What I was told yesterday is that Bob had a total of 7 onboard and called in about the weather being rough or something, and hasn't been heard from since. Rescuers are on their way to the area, I think in Venezuela.

Your prayers that they might all be found safe and sound, and for the families, are appreciated.

Emma

Re: That Bob Norton et. al. be found safe and sound
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 12:11:09 PM »

Any update on this, Bob?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 06:01:11 AM »

Here's a story Bob Norton wrote in 2005 about the chief of the Davis Indians that had visions about the Sabbath and not eating pork and such. Pretty interesting.

Angels Prepare the Way for Gospel to Reach Indians in South America

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 07:20:00 PM »

The Associated Press came out with a story yesterday on it: "Search continues for missionary plane in Venezuela." It has quotes from David Gates and Robert Norton's mother.

Emma

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 06:22:48 PM »

Do I understand that Bob Norton worked for David Gates' project?   If so, is that the first plane the Gates Ministry has lost?

How sad that father and son perished in similar circumstances, the wife and mother sounds to have great faith.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 07:27:39 PM »

Yes, Bob Norton headed up one of the projects David Gates started. I don't know if Gates has lost any other planes.

I think it was around 1980 or 1981 that Bob's dad died. It was sad. But how interesting that at least two of his three sons also chose to be mission pilots.
Pages: [1]   Go Up