Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Dad Needs Prayers  (Read 5794 times)

mfc10

My Dad Needs Prayers
« on: June 15, 2009, 05:23:49 PM »

Hello, friends: My dad (age 80) has been suffering from a variety of ailments over the past 4 months...bronchitis, ill-fitting dentures (he's had 3 pair so far, but none fit right...he can't eat much of any thing unless it's blended/liquified & he has lost a lot of weight), and now it appears he has a bedsore on the end of his spine from sitting (often slumped down) in a recliner much of some days (he is mobile, however...just not much energy some days). Mom and I (I'm an only child) make him fresh juices & nutrition shakes, soups, mushed-up veggies & a sandwich spread from Big Franks or Super links, etc. We also plan to increase his Vit C & zinc sources. Please pray that the bed sore won't progress; any natural remedies would be appreciated! Does anyone know whether colloidal silver or tea tree oil would be good?

Thank you so much!
maggie :praying:

Johann

Re: My Dad Needs Prayers
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 05:20:06 AM »

Thank you for sharing this, Maggie. Will be praying for you.

Emma

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 12:17:22 PM »

Me too,  Maggie.  It is hard to see our parents suffer and gradually deteriorate.

GRAT

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 09:56:04 AM »

I am caring for my aging mother and it is not always easy.  You and your Dad will be in my prayers.  Have you tried one of those Donut pillows?  If it were placed right it might ease the pressure.

mfc10

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 02:48:19 PM »

Hi, GRAT: I bought him a coccyx cushion & it helps a lot. Mom is having him do sitz baths twice a day & either uses some tea tree oil in the water or sprays the area with colloidal silver (10 ppm) afterwards. So far, it doesn't look too bad---still early stage. I make sure he frequently changes position & gets up and walks around the house or yard. We're trying to up his nutrition as well, even though he can't chew very well at all (he'll be getting fitted soon for a FOURTH pair of dentures--maybe these will actually fit!)
I'll pray for you, too, as you care for your mother.  :praying:
Thanks & God bless,
Maggie
Pages: [1]   Go Up