Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What kinds of pets do you have?  (Read 12427 times)

froglady99

What kinds of pets do you have?
« on: July 21, 2009, 10:19:43 PM »

I have Scotty, a Cocker Spaniel/Scotty Dog mix; Nikki and Keiko, cats; Teeger and Shalhoub, African Clawed frogs, and Shawn, Gus, Halpert, Beasly, and Jules--Teeger and Shalhoub's children.  Shawn has lost most of his tail and is now a froglet, Gus and Halpert each have arms and legs, and Beasly and Jules both have legs.  I raised them from eggs, so it's been pretty exciting watching them grow up. 

Sabrina

tinka

• Veteran Member
Re: What kinds of pets do you have?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 04:06:45 AM »

Hi new member,(froglady99)
How old are you? Just curious to see if children do read the posts.  :purr:

froglady99

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 08:47:57 PM »

Well, I can't tell you if kids read these--I'm 28.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 12:05:42 AM »

hmmmmm,  (smile)

mfc10

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 04:23:19 PM »

I have two cats---Kip (male) and Smokie (female). They've been fixed, though, so no kitten-offspring! Neither is particularly cuddly, unfortunately.  :purr:
Maggie

mrst53

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 03:47:58 PM »

I have 2 cats - Spanky(12yrs) and Emmie(13 yrs). Spanky thinks I am his mother. I have had him since he was a little grey and white tiger kitten. I used to carry him around all the time when he was little, now when he comes in the house, he reaches up for me, to pick him up and carry him around.
 Emmie, is a yellow and white tiger cat, that I have had since she was a kitten, but  she is not a cuddler. She only wants to be petted when SHE  wants to be petted, which is NOT often.
I had dogs, but both have died and my husband is not ready to get another and I miss them terribly. I have always had a dog since a little girl and I'm 56.

Johann

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 02:56:17 PM »

Our next-door grandchildren have 3 chickens and a rooster. They all have names and are quite tame.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 03:18:09 PM »

We used to have pet chickens too about 100. They roamed freely (Rhode Island Reds) I loved to see them in the yard. Had huge eggs that our grandchildren sold to buy their toys and swimming pool & bikes. The two biggest roosters were called Rocky, and Ford.  When ever eve feed time came they would come running and peck our shoes until picked up and petted.  We had names for all but Ruby and Martha and roosters lasted I think about 7-8 years. Of course we had back then some endurance of time secrets.

Right now, we only have left an English Mastiff that is huge and over 225 lbs. We call him Jonah. A black and tan and still thinks in the summer if I sit on porch in rocker it is time for him to have a blanket and tries to climb up at least with one paw for me to hold him which is impossible, but I cover his head and pat him like he remembers and he seems to be satisfied. HE is a great protector he thinks but not knowing of what. lol

mrst53

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 05:17:48 PM »

I have 2 very spoiled cats, Emmie(she's the princess) and Spanky(who thinks he is human) and 2 Leghorn (I think) roosters (free range) that someone dropped off last summer. I live at the end of a lane on an acre and I guess someone thought that my house looked like a nice place,so they left the roosters. They are beautiful, but without hens, they fight each other. They are almost tame enough for us to catch and give away now. Want to find them good home with hens. I have named them Mikey and Moe!
Pages: [1]   Go Up