Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Brandy has left Danny  (Read 90357 times)

drday

Brandy has left Danny
« on: August 21, 2009, 11:43:55 AM »

Brandy is Gone!

Posted 8/21/09

Lorraine Day, M.D.

It is sad to say that Danny Shelton has not even settled the financial portion of his divorce with Linda, his second wife, five years after he divorced her, and now his third wife, Brandy, has left him.

Walter Thompson, Chairman of the Board of 3ABN puts the blame on those who have improperly “attacked” Danny.  “Why wouldn’t Brandy leave after having to put up with all the problems caused by these attacks on Danny?” goes Thompson’s story.  Of course Thompson never mentions that Danny Shelton brought his troubles on himself by his misdeeds – including his false accusation of adultery directed at Linda and Danny’s forcing Linda out of her job, her marriage and her home within a 3-month period of time – so he could marry the young wife who has now dumped him.  

“God will not be mocked.  Whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.”  It appears that the “reaping” has begun.

What’s Happening in Court?

3ABN and Danny Shelton who have been dragging their feet for months regarding documents the court has ordered them to produce, as well as with the scheduling of their depositions by Linda’s attorneys, have finally turned over a box of documents to Linda’s attorney.  Whether the box contains the documents ordered has not yet been determined.  But even if they do, these documents cannot be made public because of the “Protective Order” frantically obtained by Danny and his attorneys so all the information can be kept from scrutiny by those who have supported 3ABN for years.  Just WHERE has the money been going?

Please note that Linda fought the “Protective Order” because “Protective Orders” are often used to “protect” the guilty.

Linda has nothing to hide.

The Infamous Tape

Right before I traveled to Southern Illinois on April 29, 2009, for the DNA testing, I asked Danny Shelton via e-mail to bring the infamous tape to our meeting, so I could hear it.  This is the tape that Danny claims as “proof” that Linda was having an adulterous affair with the doctor.  This is the tape that Danny said, several times, he “might” send me, but never did.

But now that I was to be there in his territory, I pointed out that he could bring the tape and play it for me without having the tape leave his possession.

When Danny arrived for the DNA testing, he said he did not bring the tape, but that when we were finished, John Lomacang would bring the tape and allow me to listen to it.
Indeed, John Lomacang did show up later with the apparent tape in question that had been transferred to a laptop computer.  I was only allowed to hear select portions of the tape.  The tape only recorded Linda’s voice.  It is not possible to identify the other party on the line or hear anything the other party was saying.  It is impossible to know the identity of the other party on the line.  If Linda called the other person by name at any time, I was not allowed to hear that.  So, as far as I am concerned, it is impossible to know the person to whom Linda was talking. 

Nothing on the tape that I was allowed to hear proves in any way – or even suggests – an adulterous affair.

In addition, according to Illinois law, it is against the law to tape a phone conversation between two people unless BOTH people know it and approve it. 

Therefore, Danny – who claims to be the one who taped the conversation – has broken the law.  There have been times when Danny has tried to justify to me his right to tape Linda’s conversation, saying that he did so in her car that he says was jointly registered in his name and hers.

The truth is that Linda’s car was registered solely in her name, but even that fact has nothing to do with Danny’s illegal act.  Irrespective of who owns the car, it is against the law to tape a conversation without both parties knowing it – and agreeing to it.

The Pregnancy Test

After Danny first made the accusation of “spiritual adultery” (and later – physical adultery) against Linda in late February or early March of 2004, he became obsessed with having her followed by private investigators, rifling through her belongings himself, and recording her conversations.  His actions were so bizarre, Linda couldn’t figure out what had happened to him.

When Linda would confront Danny about going through her belongings, he would deny it.
Linda and her daughter, Alyssa, decided to play a trick on Dan and came up with the idea of buying a Pregnancy test to “plant” in her belongings, knowing that Danny could not let that go by.  He would have to accuse her again of adultery – citing the pregnancy test as his “proof” - and thereby he would have to admit that he had been regularly rifling through her belongings.

And that’s exactly what happened! 

Danny fell into the trap.

But Danny still tries to use that as “evidence” that Linda was having an affair.  There are at least two major problems with that accusation by Danny against Linda:

• 1. Linda knew that Danny had a vasectomy several years before.  It was not a secret to her.  If she had really been having an affair, she certainly wouldn’t have put the pregnancy test in a bag of other things she had just purchased and placed them where Danny had access to them. 
  • 2. By the time this episode occurred, it had been 3 months since Linda had seen the doctor with whom she is accused of having an affair – a man she had only met twice!  If she had indeed been having an affair, she would already have known – at three months - if she was pregnant and would not have had to buy a pregnancy test kit
Danny was clearly “grasping at straws” to try to fabricate any type of incriminating evidence against Linda – no matter how far-fetched it was.  Linda now agrees that hers and Alyssa’s plan to play a “trick” on Danny was not very “funny.”  But at the time, she had no idea why Danny’s behavior had become so bizarre.  Linda had no clue that Danny had already made plans to divorce her long before she traveled to Norway, in February of 2004, to visit her son.  The evidence to support this last statement will be revealed in due time.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: Brandy has left Danny
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 12:17:34 PM »

This is sad news.  It is sad anytime a marriage comes to an end.  this situation particularly tragic.   I have always maintained that Brandy should have insisted on Danny resolved and the issues from his divorce before marrying him.  It was bound to come back to bite them.

That being said, WT is also right.  Not many could stand up to the fire you all sent and still send their way.  Especially since it is mean spirited, ruthless, not at all Christ-like in it's dispatch.  AND THEN that same fire is aimed at her(not Danny's) innocent child without an once of compassion?  Time to go!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Little Grasshopper

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 01:58:42 PM »

Princessdi,

How could you know Walter Thompson is right? 
Have you talked to Brandy?
Is it not possible her views might differ from his?

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 03:25:59 PM »

Walter Thompson, Chairman of the Board of 3ABN puts the blame on those who have improperly “attacked” Danny.  “Why wouldn’t Brandy leave after having to put up with all the problems caused by these attacks on Danny?” goes Thompson’s story. 

The above portion of your post clearly infers that there was some sort of statement, whether written, emailed or spoken, from Chairman Walter Thompson regarding this issue.  If this is the case, when and where was this statement made?  Is this first-hand information or hearsay?
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 04:23:57 PM »

Aaaaahhhhh Grasshopper....you are indeed right, it could differ, but I believe that WT is more like to be right.  But if you read back, I began by saying that you can't build a strong(neither godly) foundation on the sand.  That part of it is on Danny and Brandy.  Brandy thought she was strong enough to face this opposition. I am sure it wasn't long before she realized she had bitten off more than she could chew.......once again,,,she should have let Danny clear up all of these issues before marrying him.

I was actually coming back to add something to my post..  Not only did Brandy agree to appease the ridiculous accusations and submit her innocent child to a DNA test, NOW it is not even good enough.  It was done for nothing, it was not enough.  I don't know you Grasshopper, but I know few mothers who would take that sitting down.  Danny definitely did somethings that would bring reproach upon himelf, but Brandy's child has done nothing.  Because of his own transgressions, Danny can do absolutely nothing to protect her and her child......why would she stay?  I wouldn't.  In fact, I would not have subjected my child to the test in the first place.....after all who is Dr. Day to even propose such a thing? I would most definitely leave a man who could not secure his home safely from harm.  This situation exerts an enormous amount of stress.....bad stress............

Princessdi,

How could you know Walter Thompson is right? 
Have you talked to Brandy?
Is it not possible her views might differ from his?

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 05:54:25 PM »

Not only did Brandy agree to appease the ridiculous accusations and submit her innocent child to a DNA test, NOW it is not even good enough.

I know of no evidence that Brandy agreed. Remember? Her signature was forged on that agreement.

Rex

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 09:52:54 AM »

Not only did Brandy agree to appease the ridiculous accusations and submit her innocent child to a DNA test, NOW it is not even good enough.

I know of no evidence that Brandy agreed. Remember? Her signature was forged on that agreement.

Boy Howdy! There is nothing like juicy SDA gossip. I have some questions for you Bob Pickle.
( or for "dr day")

I Do you know if it is the real Dr Day who is posting here?

II If so, do you know why the post here is different then what is on her website?
http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/dr_day/shelton%27s/danny_shelton.htm

III If Dr Day required that Danny Shelton sign a "consent" the day she took the DNA sample from him despite him already signing an agreement one month earlier, why didn't she require his wife to sign a consent form for the child and herself?

Dr Day:
"Danny got out of the truck, we said “Hello” and he began to sign the consent for DNA testing. Brandy refused to get out of the truck at first, or even to look at us, or acknowledge our presence.  She was clearly angry"

IV If this Brandy had her signature forged a month earlier and then did not agree to the DNA testing that day how did Dr Day get the DNA samples from she and her child?

If Dr Day did not obtain the Mother's signature granting permission and took a DNA sample from the child anyway and also from the mother against her will I believe that is quite unethical and a crime has been committed and as Christians it is the duty of all here to denounce this and make your position about this very clear so you do not appear to be condoning this type of abuse whether from a Shelton or from any other. I believe if this Brandy was angry with the Doctor already and then forced to submit to Dr Day's test and Dr Day tested her child without her permission as you claim then she could press charges and has grounds for a lawsuit against Dr Day. Especially considering all the private data and documents that Dr Day has posted on her website violating her privacy rights. Does this Dr Day have a valid medical license? If all that you claim is true she may be at risk of losing it.

editing for accuracy to substitute the word consent for agreement
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 11:16:16 AM by Rex »

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 12:00:16 PM »

But the document does show a signiture. So therefore how could Dr. Day be held responsibile for this fraud? Dr. Day surely would not have signed it herself to relieve herself of her licence.. for the likes of DS!! Dr. Day just did not out smart DS!

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 08:28:25 PM »

Boy Howdy! There is nothing like juicy SDA gossip. I have some questions for you Bob Pickle.
( or for "dr day")

I Do you know if it is the real Dr Day who is posting here?

You'd need to ask dr day.

II If so, do you know why the post here is different then what is on her website?
http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/dr_day/shelton%27s/danny_shelton.htm

Try http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/dr_day/shelton's/danny_shelton_dna.htm

III If Dr Day required that Danny Shelton sign a "consent" the day she took the DNA sample from him despite him already signing an agreement one month earlier, why didn't she require his wife to sign a consent form for the child and herself?

Don't know. Anyway, my comment above was referring to the agreement "signed" a month earlier, not to whatever may have happened on the day of testing. My comment wasn't addressing what she did nor did not agree to on the day of testing.

christian

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 07:35:13 PM »

Obviously, Danny is not the stupid one here. I can tell you from a mans point of view that he exhibits (Danny) all the signs of a man in midlife crisis. Princess, you conclude Brandy left because of all the pressure, but you cannot conclude that a man who reports to be so in love with his wife can do the things Danny did to Her, I think not. As far as Brandy goes she is not a stupid lady, she well knew Danny's situation from the start since it is common knowledge in Adventist circles. The outcome now was evident long before this point, I already knew that the roosters would come home to roost; I do not blame the people here for their breakup I blame SIN. I am not a professional but the people that are around Danny should have had a spiritual enough eye to discern the outcome and should have acted accordingly. I blame the suppose friends and Spiritual leaders for Danny, who did not have the guts to either leave or ask him to step down until things were worked out. Danny should have never been allowed to continue on if this work was really Gods work with the intent of mending broken people.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 07:44:03 PM »

The outcome now was evident long before this point, ....

If one or both talk in public by the fall of 2007 about the possibility of divorce, it's not the best situation.

Jodi

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 09:31:00 PM »

As I read through the information on Dr. Day's website, I didn't find any "proof" that the child submitted for DNA testing was indeed Brandy's child!!  Legal documentation had to be submitted to Dr. Day at the time of testing and DS nor Brandy complied with that.  Go back and read all the details and you'll see just how clever (and rather stupid) DS was about this whole ordeal. 

I'm not at all surprised that Brandy left Danny.....I'm waiting to see how he is going to explain this to the world on 3ABN. 

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 07:04:06 AM »

As I read through the information on Dr. Day's website, I didn't find any "proof" that the child submitted for DNA testing was indeed Brandy's child!!  ...

Because it is not on her website....

Dr Day did 2 separate paternity tests, taking samples from Danny, Brandy and the child. She sent them to 2 different labs and both results proved Danny was not the Father. They are also posted in this thread. So her excuse for not keeping her agreement was that despite having a copy of the child's passport and seeing her when she swabbed her for the test, she didn't know who the child was and she suggested that Brandy and Danny had substituted another child in place of Brandy's daughter. So the group here has been attacking Danny for his deceit about this.

Problem is the same lab, the same Dr, and same samples Dr Day sent in were also tested to see if the Mother and child were actually Mother and child and it came back with the most positive result that lab gives, 99.999 probability. 

The documented and proven truth is that the Child is Brandy's and is not Danny's....

http://www.adventtalk.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1621.0;attach=322;image

Ok so I can be a little slow at times admittedly.  However, this test is saying that Brandy is the child's mother?  Was the point to establish that Brandy is the mother or Danny as the father?  I see Danny name at the top, but only Brandy and the child tested.  So after ALL of this There was no paternity test done to established Danny paternity?  If the answer is yes, this, too, should be let go.  Danny doesn't really have to answer to anyone here about that.  Now if he were wise, I would believe he would basically comply in order to avoid the appearance of evil, but he is not obligated to do so..........

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 09:16:45 AM »

But Cindy, Nosir Mysing is surmising.

So the group here has been attacking Danny for his deceit about this.

When? Where?

Please reply in the appropriate thread, which isn't here.

Pat Williams

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 06:46:09 AM »

It is a naive and ignorant assumption that a person signs his or her name consistently each time. Mr Pickle's opinion that "her signature was forged on that agreement" is not a proven fact and should not be stated that way. It is misleading to others. I would challenge him to attempt to prove her signature was forged as that is his asserted claim and so the burden of proof rests on him but it would be a waste of time and most likely he would just refuse to do so by claiming it is up to me or another to prove him wrong as he has done so many times before.

In addition Mr Pickle claims he does not know of any evidence that Brandy agreed to the DNA testing. That is fine. He doesn't have to acknowledge her actions.  She met Dr Day and brought her daughter on the day and agreed upon time for the DNA testing . According to Dr Day she recorded the event. She submitted to the DNA test by opening her mouth and allowing Dr Day to swab the interior of her cheek, and according to Dr Day she also initialed the envelope marked "mother" containing the DNA sample she gave.

This is enough for most rational people to easily see and understand that she both agreed to and cooperated with the DNA tests.

(And no, Mr Pickle, even though I am replying to your post, I don't choose to discuss anything with you. To be perfectly clear. Don't waste your time by attempting to bring up some obscure, minor, or irrelevant idea or point of yours, or by attempting to argue with me as I won't be posting a reply or arguing with you. Life is just too short.)

Good-day
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up