Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When do we "become" a Child of God?  (Read 4564 times)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
When do we "become" a Child of God?
« on: August 21, 2009, 01:21:59 PM »

In light of Last weeks' SS Lesson, I will post the question I present to my class........... When exactly does one become a Child of God? 

I know the answer and I know that the answer was given in the lesson, however, this does not always transfer over in our day to day witness to others.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Rex

Re: When do we "become" a Child of God?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 08:11:50 AM »

In light of Last weeks' SS Lesson, I will post the question I present to my class........... When exactly does one become a Child of God?  

I know the answer and I know that the answer was given in the lesson, however, this does not always transfer over in our day to day witness to others.

I did not study your lesson, but we are adopted the moment God calls us His children. We become that not by what we do but by what He does, by grace and through faith. When He says let it be, it is so, and it is good.

1 John 3:1-2, 10
"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears,[fn1]we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is...This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother."

Our day to day witness is in how we treat others and shows if we are His child or not and can lead others to Jesus Christ, or turn them off and away from God.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: When do we "become" a Child of God?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 11:46:01 AM »

But when exactly is that that He calls us His children?
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi
Pages: [1]   Go Up