Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: God's instructions to Adam  (Read 19009 times)

Tick_Tok

God's instructions to Adam
« on: January 08, 2010, 09:12:52 PM »

Why did God not want Adam to know about good and evil?

Fran

• Veteran Member
Re: God's instructions to Adam
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 10:41:21 PM »

Because God did not want what has happened since?  Look what life has been like once they knew of evil!  God gave them Good.  He was happy to give his children good things.  However, once they learned evil they knew the "difference between" good and evil.

Adam and Eve chose evil while not having a knowledge of evil.  Since that day there has been a war between Christ and Satan to save souls to be saved (God) and to tempting souls to be lost (Satan)!   Could it be that Christ knew what would be required if they gave in to evil?

I am not here to say that I know why, because I would not dare to presume to know the mind of God.  All I know is the evil that abounds today! 

Johann

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 08:16:09 AM »

"Knowing" in the Bible is often equal to experience. God  had no wish for Adam nor Eve to experience evil. Don't you wish he had never known?

Once Adam and Eve God provided a way they could get out of the consequences - and He is still providing a way out of it for you too. Now it is a personal choice if you want to or not.

Tick_Tok

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 01:46:21 PM »

When it comes to experiencing evil, I can see why God would not have wanted that to come upon Adam. I never looked at the text in that way.

Johann

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 02:19:09 PM »

"Knowing" in the Bible is often equal to experience. God  had no wish for Adam nor Eve to experience evil. Don't you wish he had never known?

Once Adam and Eve God provided a way they could get out of the consequences - and He is still providing a way out of it for you too. Now it is a personal choice if you want to or not.

I see now that something got mixed up as I posted it. I meant to say, "After Adam and Eve experienced evil God provided a way for them to escape the results of sin. . . "

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 03:21:49 PM »

Pastor, did he not provide that way of escape before they sinned?I agree with all the posts thus far. God never intended for man to "experience" evil.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 03:29:10 AM »

Pastor, did he not provide that way of escape before they sinned?I agree with all the posts thus far. God never intended for man to "experience" evil.

If you have a rather wealthy dear sister who will rescue you in case they threaten to lock you up because you did not have the funds to pay your bills, did she provide the way before or after you got into trouble? God had the means before Adam and Eve fell. The provision was made on the cross.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 05:58:42 PM »

If you have a rather wealthy dear sister who will rescue you in case they threaten to lock you up because you did not have the funds to pay your bills, did she provide the way before or after you got into trouble? God had the means before Adam and Eve fell. The provision was made on the cross.

Very good point, Johann.

Johann

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 06:57:34 PM »

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
1 Corinthians 2:1-3

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 02:40:39 PM »

Excellent, Pastor!

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 02:15:49 AM »

Was this question ever answered?

Why did God not want Adam to know about good and evil?

mrst53

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 12:10:55 PM »

Because He loved us, of couse! He knew evil would cause us pain and He didn't want that for us. No father(or mother) wants pain for thier child and how much more our Father,God loves us.

Johann

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 01:40:41 PM »

Why, then, did God make it possible for man to know evil?

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 03:46:02 AM »

Why, then, did God make it possible for man to know evil?

Without it there is no choice and how would he ever know if man could love in return after the creation. It is almost as if he tested the working of Love in His creation by free choice.  Love the center of all being and reasoning would now be tested. To me creation of this earth and man's beginning was a way of having love returned to the heart of the creator. What is Love if there is nothing to Love? All creation has been created to give to something else and return back to the first Giver.

For some moments I have come on post to ease my pain. I have lost the love of my world suddenly and unexpectedly and hoping that God will hang on to me in my limp inabilities that I may be of some use yet as my heart seems to be cut away. I wait now for his moment of sleep to be short and ask for prayer for my family to trust and be there together on that Day and Know God's love to give for Eternity to those who love him back.

abrasax

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 04:16:42 PM »

God wanted Adam to know evil all along or he wouldn't have put the devil in the Garden of Eden. Without light there can be no dark and without good there can be no evil. I am sure the Garden of Eden was a veritable limbo until Eve bit into that apple. I think the struggle and choice between good and evil is the only way to make good exist.
The world would be a better place if everyone listened to the bible lessons.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up