Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Linda Shelton on TV  (Read 26827 times)

Johann

Linda Shelton on TV
« on: February 27, 2010, 12:35:18 AM »

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: Linda Shelton on TV
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 04:53:36 PM »

It's good to see that she is on TV once again. :thumbsup:

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 05:19:31 PM »

Well, she is a very nice looking woman.....of course the cosmetologist in me wants to do something with her hair.....but she is nice pretty.  What was Danny thinking?  Or should I say w.......never mind!  LOL!!!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 08:13:47 PM »

What wonderful inspirational messages...and Linda is a natural for TV!
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 04:53:55 AM »

Well, she is a very nice looking woman.....of course the cosmetologist in me wants to do something with her hair.....but she is nice pretty.  What was Danny thinking?  Or should I say w.......never mind!  LOL!!!

PrincessDi,
LoL, exactely my thoughts. I do like her hair though and not many can wear it as she does. It fits her personality.

What in the world was DS doing or thinking?   Did you ever wonder why, it was ok for Melody (a proven fact of smoking, fornication, pregnancy, marriages, no music talent worth listening to, etc Now their was a hair job needed) all displayed and promoted until It wasn't funny anymore?? When Linda had the music talent!

But yet for the same accusations of LS and (not proven) --bared from 3abn and stripped. Think of this. If DS is innocent on his actions and had nothing to cover or hide for any of his actions, then why not cover for LS too  like Melody and Tommy....If true on LS part!!!!  What would make the difference" between two women he loved?   His wife and his daughter!  IF he was innocent he would have found a way to save face like he did for his daughter.   But it is obvious the pressure of horrible turmoil was coming from his side to cover and LS had to go!! This was the best way for his way out of the money pit. He has to protect the "money" by all means and his ego with all the "stories.

So it is simply as this. The above happened with much accusation of Bob and Gailon producing this and producing that by evil means but guess what. Bob an Gailon had nothing to do with what we saw on 3abn.  They saw, heard and demanded some justice for extravaganiza lifestyle like more should have done, When you do not stand for right and feeding the swine as example(look what is now happening on here with Bob Ryan standing up to say about the evelution being protrayed in Adventist schools. I read the link and it seems too far gone for me to even think about this apostacy) Bob and Gailon were doing the same thing but the protectors and sympathizers are getting their feed at 3abn and Bob and Gailon are not!! Therefore their spinning post to protect and their inability to just look at the simple facts. It happened!!!

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 02:03:03 PM »

Yeah, Tinka, we had the self same thoughts about her hair.  does look nice, though.

I hae no doubt that Danny did Linda wrong, and that is from his own words and actions.  howeveer, I beleive it is time for them both to move on(as Danny tried to do with Brandy, but that foundation was wrong from the start), and definitely time for all of us to get out of ther business.

PrincessDi,
LoL, exactely my thoughts. I do like her hair though and not many can wear it as she does. It fits her personality.

What in the world was DS doing or thinking?   Did you ever wonder why, it was ok for Melody (a proven fact of smoking, fornication, pregnancy, marriages, no music talent worth listening to, etc Now their was a hair job needed) all displayed and promoted until It wasn't funny anymore?? When Linda had the music talent!

But yet for the same accusations of LS and (not proven) --bared from 3abn and stripped. Think of this. If DS is innocent on his actions and had nothing to cover or hide for any of his actions, then why not cover for LS too  like Melody and Tommy....If true on LS part!!!!  What would make the difference" between two women he loved?   His wife and his daughter!  IF he was innocent he would have found a way to save face like he did for his daughter.   But it is obvious the pressure of horrible turmoil was coming from his side to cover and LS had to go!! This was the best way for his way out of the money pit. He has to protect the "money" by all means and his ego with all the "stories.

So it is simply as this. The above happened with much accusation of Bob and Gailon producing this and producing that by evil means but guess what. Bob an Gailon had nothing to do with what we saw on 3abn.  They saw, heard and demanded some justice for extravaganiza lifestyle like more should have done, When you do not stand for right and feeding the swine as example(look what is now happening on here with Bob Ryan standing up to say about the evelution being protrayed in Adventist schools. I read the link and it seems too far gone for me to even think about this apostacy) Bob and Gailon were doing the same thing but the protectors and sympathizers are getting their feed at 3abn and Bob and Gailon are not!! Therefore their spinning post to protect and their inability to just look at the simple facts. It happened!!!

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 06:46:50 AM »

It seems you could be right but they made the public their big business and they need to get off it.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 01:54:50 PM »

Gotta agree with you again, Tinka!  You are right!  I totally believe they are answerable.......about the "business".

Johann

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 01:11:57 PM »

What wonderful inspirational messages...and Linda is a natural for TV!

That seemed to be one of the reasons she had to leave.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 01:22:16 PM »

Why would that be?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 03:06:58 PM »

Hmmm, maybe her ratings were more then the rest! It was the most enjoyable part except for one little charismatic thing that as oldies we were not used to and that was raising the hands for prayer.  I do not see a whole lot wrong except for the unstablest that tend to go charismatic at the mere point of seeing starts the roll moving. It would not be wrong except to get the charismatic going into basically what you are seeing more and more of now.

Now its worship music, disgusting repetitious, and over and over and over until I switch it off away from non melodious music. You will see this in some of the college students presentations.  The hymns that are melodious and stating worship still are reverence to God. As soon as I hear worship music with I, I,I I, I am no longer in tune as there is no tune except strum, strum strum. Now, the blues, the jazz, the contemporary,  and its all there. but not for me! It is only to show ones talent of bringing it into the church. The instruments of music can all be used properly to stay tuned with God's way and not mans. I cannot even imagine the angels of heaven sounding off like coming from worldly bar music.  Last I watched they were singing "this old house" by Rosemary Clooney on Sabbath if any remember lol...

http://www.greatdanepro.com/Pray%20For%20America/index.htm

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 05:40:52 PM by tinka »

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 11:09:44 PM »

Aaawww! Tinka! I didn't know you were not a fan of the Hallelujah Chorus by Handel. I kind of like that one.....call it a guilty pleasure.  Also, what do you propose to do about all those angels in Heaven that continually cry "Holy, Holy, Holy............you know there is real danger in that repetitious, disgusting worship music. How dare those angels "worship" God in such a fashoin!  Don't they know that God knows He is Holy, and don't feel like hearing that 24/7?  Telling Him once, maybe twice is good.  Even a third time would be pushing it, don't you think?  I can see why it gets on your last nerve.  Your solution is?  And will you require God to put an end to that blashphemy before you arrive, or do you suggest change from "within"?  Oh yes, and what exactly is music done "God's way"?  How do we keep from interjecting our own personal tastes(of course, this is of the devil, he did create the individuality within man, you know.) into it?      ;D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:16:11 PM by princessdi »

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 04:32:51 AM »

I can't even imagine the heavenly sound of the angels singing Holy, Holy, Holy. But the angels are much smarter then we. They are not singing in repetition. They are giving homage 3 times only. One to the Father, One to the Son and One to the Holy Ghost. A whole different scenario. There is no excuse for our own inventions that please the worldly crowd.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 08:53:31 PM »

Here is the link:

http://www.khbatv.com/raysofhope.html

It is about time...in fact, long past due. I await her return to that front porch and speaking to us from the heart!!! EVERY DAY...

Gailon Arthur Joy

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 10:52:46 PM »

LOL!! I could not remember where I posted this response!  I found it!    Tinka, they have not said it only three times in history(as we know it) they sing it contiuously and constantly.  It is repetitious.  It doesn't matter why they are singing it, they are repeating it constantly.

Why can't humans also repeat or emphasize that which brings them closer to God, that describes what He means to them?  That is not vain. Especially since we also have the privilege of being redeemd by the blood of the Lamb.  Since we can eventually sing a song that the angles cannot sing!  We miss so many blessings when we don't realize the power and beauty in pure, sincere praise and worship to the Most High God! 

I can't even imagine the heavenly sound of the angels singing Holy, Holy, Holy. But the angels are much smarter then we. They are not singing in repetition. They are giving homage 3 times only. One to the Father, One to the Son and One to the Holy Ghost. A whole different scenario. There is no excuse for our own inventions that please the worldly crowd.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up