Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RRsat Launches its Fourth US TV and Radio Platform Reaching Millions of Homes  (Read 7745 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing

RRsat Launches its Fourth US TV and Radio Platform Reaching Millions of Homes

Launch Represents Major Step in RRsat's America-to-America Program Distribution Strategy

RE'EM, Israel, August 3, 2010 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- RRsat Global Communications Network Ltd. (NASDAQ: RRST), a rapidly growing provider of comprehensive content management and global distribution services to the television and radio broadcasting industries, announced today that it has launched a new platform on the Galaxy 19 (G-19) satellite that enables the distribution of television and radio channels devoted to religious programming. The new platform, together with RRsat's three other platforms already operating on this satellite, will broadcast more than 50 religious and ethnic TV and radio channels, reaching millions of homes across the United States, and represents a major step in RRsat's program to distribute content within the Americas originating in the Americas.

The Galaxy 19 satellite, located at 97degreesW, is one of the largest ethnic video platforms in the U.S. offering programmers and content distributors access to millions of homes in the U.S. cable community. RRsat has signed agreements with thirteen TV and radio channels to be broadcast on its new Galaxy 19 platform directly from RRsat's Hawley Teleport in Pennsylvania. Channels already launched include the Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN), which also use RRsat's services for global distribution, the three Hope channels: Hope Channel, Esperanza TV, and Hope Church channel; and Loma Linda Broadcasting Networks Inc., which broadcasts on Galaxy 19 in English, Arabic and Chinese and uses RRsat's distribution services to North America, Asia, Africa and Australia. 3ABN, LLBN and the Adventist Television Network channels are all major Christian television and radio networks in the United States offering a full range of religious content and programming. Their presence on this platform is representative of the increase in content being distributed by RRsat's Hawley Teleport in which both the source and the destination is North America.

"Interest in religious programming and content is on the rise in the United States," commented Lior Rival, Vice President, Sales and Marketing of RRsat. "By positioning ourselves as a provider of global distribution for all types of religious content, we believe we can further penetrate this important market and become a leading distribution solution for this programming. Moreover, this launch represents another significant step in our penetration of the America-to-America market."

RRsat's customers are very pleased with the new platform and have said the following:

"Three Angels Broadcasting Network is happy to include its network for broadcasting on G-19 using RRsat." said Moses Primo of 3ABN "We've been using RRsat satellite services for over 15 years and this G-19 coverage is just what we needed to reach free-to-air (FTA) viewers from Canada, The United States, and all the way down to Central America. For the last 25 years 3ABN has reached people with programming aimed at mending broken people and giving them a hope of a better life."

"Our recent launch on G-19 has opened up valuable markets for LLBN in the Caribbean and Latin America. Also, our LLBN Arabic and LLBN Chinese networks are experiencing rapid growth across G-19's North American Market." said Derrell Mundall, Vice President of Marketing, LLBN International.

"SmartLifestyle TV is now providing health and lifestyle programming to headends and FTA viewers from Canada to South America on G-19."said Ganim Hanna, President, SmartLifestyle TV " RRsat provides a platform that has brought advertisers, programmers, and affiliates to the door, and is making SmartLifestyle TV a household name in the viewer market."

"The RRSat service for North America is an appealing service," says Brad Thorp, President of the Hope Channel Inc network, which currently operates ten unique channels, says. "We also use RRSat for our service on Hotbird 6 and IS 10, and believe the new RRSat platform will have special benefit to millions of viewers in the Americas ."

About RRsat Global Communications Network Ltd.

RRsat Global Communications Network Ltd. (NASDAQ: RRST) provides global, comprehensive, content management and distribution services to the rapidly expanding television and radio broadcasting industries. Through its proprietary "RRsat Global Network," composed of satellite and terrestrial fiber optic transmission capacity and the public Internet, RRsat is able to offer high-quality and flexible global distribution services for content providers. RRsat's comprehensive content management services include producing and playing out TV content as well as providing satellite newsgathering services (SNG). RRsat concurrently provide these services to more than 550 television and radio channels, covering more than 150 countries. Visit the company's website http://www.RRsat.com for more information.

Safe Harbor Statement

This press release contains forward looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, including statements regarding (i) the growth of our business and the television and radio broadcasting industries, including the growth of the market for religious content and programming, (ii) our expectation to expand our client base and sell additional services to our existing client base, (iii) our ability to successfully integrate the teleports we acquired, (iv) our ability to develop and commercialize the RRinternetTV service, (v) our expectation to extend the average length of our contracts in the future, (vi) our ability to develop, expand and commercialize our HD Platform, (vii) our ability to report future successes and (viii) our intention to distribute dividends in the future and the size of any dividends declared. These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties and are based on current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections about the companies and the industry as of the date of this press release. The company undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent occurring events or circumstances, or to changes in its expectations, except as may be required by law. Forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements, including the risks indicated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). For more details, please refer to our SEC filings and the amendments thereto, including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended December 31, 2009 and our Current Reports on Form 6-K.

The information in this press release concerning Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) and Loma Linda Broadcasting Networks Inc. (LLBN) has been provided to RRsat by such networks and has not been independently verified by RRsat.

Company Contact Information:   External Investor Relations Contacts:
    Gil Efron, CFO                 Ehud Helft/ Porat Saar
    Tel: +972-8-861-0000           CCG Investor Relations Israel
    Email: investors@RRsat.com     Tel: +1-646-233-2161
                                   Email: rrsat@ccgisrael.com

SOURCE RRSat Global Communications Network Ltd

tinka

• Veteran Member

Do you think "Hope" will get on this and teach all the new doctrines of SDA?

princessdi

• Veteran Member

What new doctrines?  We haven't taught anything "new" since.............the beginning?    LOL!!!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member

lol, SDA might not but "Hope" does. You know--my complaints lol

princessdi

• Veteran Member

LOL!!!  Ok!  Scared me there for a moment...  I am liberal, but you have to know where the line is!!!

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member

lol,  God is very liberal --with liberals. lol.

mrst53

What channels can I get this on- I have Direct TV out of DC.

tinka

• Veteran Member

Mrst53,

I have Direct tv too, you get it 24 /7 on channel 368. Some is good when it comes to Sabbath School lessons, or Mark Finley, Shawn Boonstra Doug Batchelor. and the Revelation Series.  But all that you see on "Hope" does not represent our fundamental beliefs as you may not understand for the time being.

tinka

• Veteran Member

Mrst53,

Just remembered something, just because you have direct TV does not guarantee that you have "Hope" Channel, When I first got it I had to ask for it and then when I got it ..it wasn't there so I called them and they have to put some sort of special thing on your entrance of cable before you get it. If you do not have it call them and request they do that.

mrst53

What call letters does the channel go by? I don't get 368

tinka

• Veteran Member

Mrst53,  You will have to call directtv and tell them you want 368 included in your plan. to add that channel  to your package. They had to come out the next day after they installed DT and they added some sort of different divise (maybe because of our area) My daughter got direct tv and somehow they automatically have it. I think is what plan you have but no matter what they can add it like they did mine. I told them in the beginning I was only going with direct tv because they carried it. Then when it was installed I did not have it so then I called and they said that the installer made a mistake and did not add the right devise to get it and after they did that I had Channel 368. So you must call them to get that extended to you.

mrst53

Thanks, I'll call

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member

LOL!!!  Ok!  Scared me there for a moment...  I am liberal, but you have to know where the line is!!!

What is a "liberal"???

There are liberal jews, liberal pretestants, liberal catholics, liberal democrats, liberal republicans: What is a Liberal Seventh-day Adventist? Are liberals the real McCoy or just consciencious objectors to a social order? LSDA's...do they have their own churches and administration? Do they have an agenda? A Purpose?

Do they believe in the 27 (28) Fundemental Beliefs? If not, can they be Seventh-day Adventist's or are they SdAINO's (Seventh-day Adventists in Name Only)?

Will their be a unity in the Spirit or are they at odds with the Fundementals of Faith?

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

tinka

• Veteran Member

as far as I am concerned for my discernment of a liberal is exactly that--at odds with the fundamentals of faith, laws of the land or any person that selects a religion to suit their fancy or live a life style that is to their liking. A liberal is also a joiner. IF not they would look for truth their self instead of closing their ears and eyes when it it in plain site to see. 
So why do they still bother with any belief other then their own selfish desires.  also to me a liberal justifies constantly or twists or spins the plain truth. and to tell the truth it is good I have come to this site to see that for a fact. It is like arguing that a little wine (that is fermented) is good when we are told it is not. They twist the meaning. Grape juice without sugar does the same thing. (for example) same with a lot more I have discovered on here. also sympathizing with perverts. Perverts are not my brothers or sister in Christ. We are supposed to shun the appearance of evil and yep I sure do not or would not associate with the likes of these........can't understand for a minute why they are not embarrassed to be associated.  hmmm, that's because they are liberals.
Pages: [1]   Go Up