Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Victim of Tommy Shelton, Alleged Pedophile, Speaks Out  (Read 5390 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Victim of Tommy Shelton, Alleged Pedophile, Speaks Out
« on: July 10, 2010, 01:23:21 PM »

Subject: My STATEMENT!

Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 22:45:06 -0800 (PST)
To: WebMaster@Save3ABN.com

Bob and Galion,

Here is my statement. It has taken me a while to come up with the courage to write this, but at any rate
I feel compelled to do so. It is with much prayer and humbleness that I do this, not for my OWN reasons
for the sake of my family who I'm scared will suffer the same acts of molestation.

Back in the summer of 1997, I spent some time in Virginia with my brother, while my brother and sister
in law was attending classes to possibly adopt. There was a few occasions where I was left under the
care of Pastor Tommy and Sister Carol Shelton. On a few of these occasions I was touched in
umproper places by Tommy Shelton. These occurrences were perpetrated either at the church of God
in Virginia where Tommy pastored or on bike routes where Tommy thought no one was looking.
NEVER was there any sexual penetration of any sort just "TOUCHING" where Tommy touched me
and asked me to do the same to him.

As I have said, this has been hard for me to finally do, seeing that I face ridicule from some of my family
and friends. However, for the sake of my niece and nephew I am writing this to you now. Some people
may ask why do you come forward now. My responce to that would be I am in a tougher spot of
coming forth than most may think seeing that Tommy is basically family.

Do I hate Tommy? NO, but I don't want anything to happen to anyone else. That is why I am writing this
statement to you now.

May God Bless you in all you do!

Alex L. Walker

"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Victim of Tommy Shelton, Alleged Pedophile, Speaks Out
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 01:25:54 PM »

Please see the original at the following link:

http://www.3abnvjoy.com/mad-07cv40098/mad-07cv40098-doc-234-5.pdf

Ex. F: Alex Walker's Dec. 10, 2007, statement regarding Tommy Shelton
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 01:38:17 PM »

It takes a lot of courage to write a statement like that. Believe me, I know.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

mrst53

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 01:46:41 PM »

May God richly bless Alex and hold him close. Only Jesus Christ knows how to comfort and ease those hurts.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 02:44:40 PM »

Wow.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 04:56:37 PM »

Alex;

I am so sorry this happened to all of the ones coming forward.  There is nothing harder to do.  You were silent until others might be involved.  Most victims don't come forward because the perpetrator is usually in a position to hurt the victim, or others would tend to believe the older perpetrator.  Fear comes from the unknown.

As you have seen in your case and others,  Much discussion has happened.  I cried for you and the others.  Thank you for your testimony.  Will it cause a change in Tommy?  I don't know.  Only God can truly change our hearts.

From your letter, I see that you were the forgiving one.  Courage to you and any others.  I will continue to pray for everyone and Tommy as I always have been!

Thank you for coming forward.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 05:03:08 PM by Fran »

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 05:41:19 AM »

Alex,  
It is just so heartfelt when a person can overcome. That is the greatest thing a person can do to "overcome" for Jesus and for the benefit of others. To me that was a great trial.

For thoughts, you might imagine horrific patterns of evil in many different avenues. For instance, in my case corruption took everything away we ever worked for. There was times I felt that it killed my soul to see what it did to my whole family, our web page I dedicated to my husband and children on the first page - it uprooted everything, nightmares, survival, and feeling of complete rejection for being faithful and to see my children fail with disbelief. I can't begin to tell what we went through. IF my husband was not a christian believe me he would have killed or had them killed.  He comes from an area in U.S. where the rednecks are much spoken of. But he is a christian man and there is a point with Jesus in your heart that you do not cross Jesus. In fact Alex, most people are just like that.  Then there are those that are called dead in spirit and walking around dead possessed by the devil. Those Alex are the ones that prey on innocent. Those are the ones that cross the line and Jesus is not in there heart. If Jesus was truly their priority they absolutely could not kill, they could not molest, there selfish desires are their first priority that they will do anything to appease theirselves but some I realize do not even begin to know Jesus or had the chance to. But you must realize that TS had every opportunity and with that great deed that he committed.  He went to where he preyed on the most unsuspecting place to do it" People for God and their pllace of gatherings with the greatest sin of "family" protecting and the laxiness of forcing to get help for the situation.

So Alex, I thank you and for your heartfelt priorities of being an instument of rejection to this and swallowing self to come forth that this cannot happen to others.  I also remember the mother's letter and prayed that all would have justice. Oh, and Alex I am not sure if I was a mother what my trial could have done to them if in their shoes.  My son, My son!! Just let my priority be Jesus. To all the victims.

edited for corrections and double wording.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 06:46:19 AM by tinka »
Pages: [1]   Go Up