Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Tommy Shelton arrested!  (Read 175004 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Tommy Shelton arrested!
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 09:34:56 AM »

In light of the act that Simpson just admitted that our reporting about Danny's cover up of the Tommy allegations framed the original basis of the lawsuit, I think it affects it quite a bit. If the police had enough evidence to charge, then certainly there was enough evidence for us to report.

And the standard is different between the two. The police in Illinois had to work within the statute of limitations. We didn't have to. Neither do the police in Virginia. So we could report on and the police in Virginia could charge for allegations as old as necessary.

As far as whether Tommy is declared guilty or not, time will tell. But there are a lot of potential witnesses that can demonstrate a pattern of conduct spanning decades. That will not bode well for Tommy Shelton, formerly of Kid's Time.

I wonder what Brenda Walsh has to say about all of this now?

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 09:45:09 AM »

In light of the act that Simpson just admitted that our reporting about Danny's cover up of the Tommy allegations framed the original basis of the lawsuit, I think it affects it quite a bit. If the police had enough evidence to charge, then certainly there was enough evidence for us to report.

And the standard is different between the two. The police in Illinois had to work within the statute of limitations. We didn't have to. Neither do the police in Virginia. So we could report on and the police in Virginia could charge for allegations as old as necessary.

As far as whether Tommy is declared guilty or not, time will tell. But there are a lot of potential witnesses that can demonstrate a pattern of conduct spanning decades. That will not bode well for Tommy Shelton, formerly of Kid's Time.

I wonder what Brenda Walsh has to say about all of this now?
And don't think that the news media doesn't know about victims in other areas, either.

On a related note, our good friend Steffan has stated that Tommy Shelton has had NO contact with either of the men involved in the current case. I knw one of them personally, and he has had contact with him for years. Steffan is delusional, and spitting in the wind.

BTW, did anyone else see the video of the reporter asking Glenn Dryden why he never went to the police?  ;D
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 09:54:58 AM »

So where does the $80,000 come from? Pew money? Yes I have a problem with that again. Maybe DS has other business on the side. always want to give benefit to the doubt.

Most criminals that are arrested do have convicting evidence. This case has the witnesses who are victims. How can one unguilt this? Actually DS actions documented also give admission. TS wife just admitted her fears to more then one and then there is adopted relative, Linda knew, DS protected and then there are the victims. TS is going for the trip. unless more money can get him out. Just think about that move and what it steals. by the law of the land we are set up for guilty to pay themselves. I cannot sympathize with evil that has caused all the pain. Innocent until court says guilty with their proof. He is free till then and why waste the money. Courts love it. TS made his own admissions asking forgiveness on letter. This is reality and not wishful "proven innocent" talk. Stand up for the victims. Are you all calling them liars?

GRAT

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 10:07:48 AM »

washingtonpost.com  
      What's The Crime Scene all about? . . .
      Crime & Justice . . .
    * The Post's Crime Coverage . . .

Former Fairfax minister arrested for molesting children

A Kentucky man who formerly was pastor of a Fairfax County church in the 1990s has been arrested by Fairfax police for allegedly molesting two boys in the mid-1990s, Fairfax police said Thursday.

Shelton. (Fairfax Police)

Tommy Shelton, 64, was the pastor of Community Church of God at 2500 Gallows Rd. in the Dunn Loring area, from 1995 to 2000, police said.

In 2008, two men approached Fairfax police and reported that they had been sexually assaulted by Shelton. One man said he had been molested when he was 12 to 14 years old, and the other man said he was 8 to 9 years old when he was molested, police said.

There is no statute of limitations on such crimes in Virginia.

Police obtained warrants in February charging Shelton with two counts of aggravated sexual battery, two counts of indecent liberties with a minor, and sodomy. Shelton, who now lives in Marion, Ky., surrendered Tuesday to Fairfax police, and was being held in the Fairfax jail Thursday in lieu of $80,000 bond.

-- Tom Jackman

I wonder if someone will bail him out with $80,000 so that he will not have to spend his time in the Fairfax jail until the case has been tried in court? Why should he have to be in jail before the judge has pronounced him guilty or not guilty?

To protect young boys?

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 11:02:22 AM »

Wonder if the evangelist minglers still want to mingle in their brother off shoots? Wonder why LS had to sign to keep her quiet before the money?
It appears LS knew quit a lot and it was repulsive to her..it appears.

and again you are running off at the mouth and displaying your ignorance.  If what you say is true, than Linda is lying on her website where she still says today:
"Did I know that Tommy had homosexual tendencies? Yes. Did I know the extent of the problem or have the idea that Tommy was a practicing homosexual? Absolutely not."

You also don't appear to know that Linda was the Vice President of 3abn and the secretary of the 3abn board back in 2003 when Glenn Dryden sent them the letter about Tommy, and she voted in consensus with the board at that time based on what they knew at that time.

Nor do you appear to understand that neither Linda, nor the 3abn board could have known or covered up these allegations which didn't even "allegedly get discovered by Pickle till late 2007", and which were "allegedly" not even reported to the police by the "alleged" victims, "as reported" in the news articles, till  March of 2008.

Then there was the difference between LS son and Brandy's girls in treatment....

You keep saying this, and again it's pure ignorance on your part. Everytime you bring this up and claim this about Danny and Nathan, you show your ignorance, Further you are actually calling Linda herself a liar, when it comes to Nathan and Danny. I can quote what she herself has to say about Nathan  in another thread for you, Tinka, if you want. Just say so. Then you will have no excuse to keep repeating this lie. This is also offtopic in this thread btw, as it has nothing to do with Tommy Shelton or this subject.

LS helped build 3abn and it was half hers.

Really??? Well then why isn't it half Danny's now?  Answer: Because 3abn was founded as a non-profit organization, and nobody own them, Tinka!

Knowledge Center
Q&As

What control does a nonprofit founder have over the organization?

Getting a nonprofit organization up and running is no small feat. Nonprofit founders invest a great deal of time, effort, and often personal funds, to get their organizations established. Rightfully so, they possess a certain pride of ownership and sense of personal accomplishment. Their creativity and commitment deserves real respect.

Naturally, nonprofit founders feel closely attached to organizations they start. But they do not “own” the organization the same way founders of a small business have personal equity in their companies. In fact, no one “owns” a nonprofit organization. Rather, boards of directors – not the founder alone – are responsible and accountable for the health and future of the organization. Nonprofit founders need to recognize that, ultimately, the buck stops with the board. source: board source- building effective non- profit boards

And  again this is NOT the topic here in a thread about Tommy Shelton...
One of the reasons so many of your posts are mostly ignored by me is because you bring up everything but the kitchen sink in them. May I suggest if you are telling the truth and really want to know what the truth is, that you bring up and address one thing at a time, so it can be addressed and answered?

[deleted the rest of the offtopic accusations, surmising and what not- in disgust]
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 11:10:09 AM by Ian »

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 11:22:05 AM »

truth of fact really got your dander up didn't it.
IF Danny does not own it then what's he doing there?? Why doesn' LS share in the loot? Fact is, it's coming down to the wire very shortly. and you keep on trying to protect the whole mess. You should see the signs if your at least smart.

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 11:24:36 AM »

BTW, did anyone else see the video of the reporter asking Glenn Dryden why he never went to the police?  ;D

Are you either going to tell us what he claimed or give us the link to the video, or are you just playing games here?

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 11:40:31 AM »

truth of fact really got your dander up didn't it.
IF Danny does not own it then what's he doing there?? Why doesn' LS share in the loot? Fact is, it's coming down to the wire very shortly. and you keep on trying to protect the whole mess. You should see the signs if your at least smart.

Lies and ignorance get my dander up Tinka. For example here is you still insisting, after I gave you proof in the form of documentation that non profit orgs aren't owned that your lie is correct because Danny is there working.

"IF Danny does not own it then what's he doing there??"  

As another example here's you saying the following ignorant thing which is a lie:

"So where does the $80,000 come from? Pew money? Yes I have a problem with that again."

It has been paid and Tommy Shelton himself and his family had to come up with the bail, Tinka. Their money wasn't pew money, and it has nothing to do with 3abn! If you would stop making things up then you wouldn't need to have the problems you do.

You really need to be concerned here I think and realize that making and loving lies is a big problem.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 11:53:07 AM by Ian »

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 12:05:42 PM »

That's rich...coming from you...

The words "charged" and "accused" in the newspapers should tell everyone that TS has not been pronounced "guilty" by the Courts.  So better reserve your pronounced judgments as the Court hasn't made their decision yet. So until they do, TS is innocent of all charges. 

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 12:56:54 PM »

In light of the act that Simpson just admitted that our reporting about Danny's cover up of the Tommy allegations framed the original basis of the lawsuit,

I just addressed this with you on another thread, Mr Pickle. Here that is again for you.

Quote from: Bob Pickle link=topic=1801.msg22811#msg22811

But now that Simpson has admitted that the lawsuit was originally based on Danny's cover up of the Tommy allegations, then he has also basically admitted that he did obstruct discovery when he claimed that the Tommy allegations weren't relevant.

Don't be obtuse. We aren't. Your claim that Danny Shelton and 3ABN covered up allegations of sexual abuse of children was just one of the MANY false allegations which you made and which were enumerated in the lawsuit and were defamation per se. You can try and drum up and find allegations against TS to your dying day or judgment day (whichever comes first) but whether they are true or false that doesn't prove one single thing as far as your claims that DS and 3ABN covered them up as far as the  lawsuit is concerned, they just aren't relevant!

You are obsessed with the issue and justice? Fine! then let the police and the social workers and Tommy's church handle it, and help them find the truth and do so, that is their job, and it is your moral job to help them, but don't pretend your witch hunt against D.S, and 3ABN helps any children or stops any sexual crimes! It doesn't! They acted on what they knew, not what you claim to!

You are helping NONE, and hurting MANY. And no matter what you argue, the ends just don't justify the means.

In addition you haven't even reported accurately on your website in regards to 3ABN from day one. Here's two falsehoods of yours to start.

Quote from: Bob Pickle
The following letter was sent by Pastor Glenn Dryden to 3ABN board chairman Dr. Walter Thompson in May 2003. The reply he received was a threatening letter from 3ABN attorney Mike Riva.

The letter from Mike Riva was not 3ABN Chairman of the board, Dr Walter Thompson's reply to Glenn Dryden. The letter from Mike Riva says:

Pastor Dryden
1345 Ezra Street
West Frankfort IL 62896

Dear Pastor Dryden:

Please be advised that I represent Tommy Ray Shelton and have been directed to contact you concerning actions you have taken against him which are slanderous and libelous and calculated to deprive him of his right to earn a living...

You are in possession of the letter which describes the reply the 3ABN board chairman sent to Glenn Dryden in 2003. (in bold red text)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Possible way to win 3ABN critics.
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:04:53 -0600

Dear Bob,

Thank you for you attempt to understand my sensitivity and that of 3abn administratin and board. We believe we have acted responsibly and wisely, appropriate to the circumstances. While one can always be criticized after the fact and without all of the evidence then available for consideration, often those same critics would have made similar judgments had they been there.

As I recall the events of 2003, I received a call from Brad Thorp from the General Conference telling me of Pastor Dryden's accusations. Brad appropriately told me that it was not his concern, and that it was ours to handle. As I recall, I contacted pastor Dryden and heard his side of the story following which I received the letter that is circulating. I was at 3abn at the time and spoke at length with Danny about the matter. He shared with me the details as he understood them. Whether or not I was aware of what generated the letter at that time, I do not remember. Based upon my understanding that Dryden had had a long standing feud with Tommy over factors unrelated to the above accusations, it did not seem indicated to approach the boys in question directly, having been informed that no case had ever been filed with the courts or legal disposition made. We then discussed the situation with the full board. Given the alleged events had occured many years before, attempts had been made to make things right, and no legal action had been taken, we did not see any reason to pursue the issue further nor to follow through with his recommendations. In my reply to pastor Dryden I merely thanked him for fulfilling his obligation to us. (I will make this one further comment. Whereas there are many accusations on the Internet alledging that Danny cannot be trusted, I disagree. I have known Danny now since the beginning of the ministry. Now more than 23 years. I have been fully appraised of many of the difficulties that he has faced during that time. While Danny sees things from his perspective, as we all do, he is honest and trustworthy. I have found no reason to distrust his reports to me. Yes, there are occasions when after having spoken with both sides of an issue it has been a matter of he said vs she said, but in all situations where I could know the facts, Danny has proven true.)

Subsequently, after this issue has been brought back to the forefront (I think there is only one person who could have known about this and brought it to world wide attentionm, and that person was then on the board and voted with the concensus) I contacted the only person from the Chruch of God that I could find that knew about the situation, and who had been present and witness to the events. (Accept for pastor Dryden's personal accounts, there are apparently no other records of the allegations) The picture that was painted by that leader of the Church was exactly as portrayed earlier by Danny. Dryden was jealous of Tommy and was out to get him - a jealousy that has continued to the present. I was again informed that the DA knew about the allegations and not finding a basis, refused to act against Tommy. I have been informed that the Church of God is a congregational type or organization with different jurisdictions in different states and that there was no higher authority that I could speak with to resolve the issue further. It was not entirely clear to me how that worked. I was also told that one leader pestered Tommy over and over again until Tommy voluntarily gave up his ministerial license. These are the facts as I have been able to sort them out...

I hope this is helpful to you.

I would like to request that you not circulate this letter, but that you merely summarize and varify its contents.

Sincerely,

Walt

You ignored his request and published his letter. Worse you lied about what he said. He wrote the above (blue italicized text) You reported falsely:

"On November 27, 2006, the 3ABN board chairman, Dr. Walt Thompson, essentially admitted in writing that Danny had been involved in a cover up of these allegations around May of 2003."

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2010, 01:09:14 PM »

Hmm, Ian so your telling me that TS and wife did not work or take any money at the 3abn site. Funny I thought I saw them working on there.  and what office did he hold?  What was their work? That they are able to get the $80,000. Taking in children, adoptions, foster care which was it. They must have been the volunteers that DS claimed. Right! That really is a biggie for me as I cannot imagine a woman knowing the faults of her husband to go and do such a thing to jeopardize another child??? let alone willfully subjecting her own children for so many years to the possibilities of this let alone the embarrassment.  Love nor high water, If there would have even been a whiff of knowing that was a problem as a woman she had responsibility of this. Now I feel she is as guilty for taking in another child and letting this go down. Talk about being angry with this!! this is where I stand no matter what you say. There is no excuse, no room, and no lies here. I see in you no sympathy for victims and ruination of young children. That would come very close to me doing the ultimate. I really do not understand sickos getting on here standing up for this. Believe one thing, when he comes to a jury outside the SDAs the people will not be finding excuses for his guilt. But will deliver. The next in line will be the downfall of the protectors and mam that is what links the whole mess. Unfaithful in one thing ..unfaithful in all. You will see it fall like dominos. unless they chose to stop the public view of this horrific saga and let responsible honest christians take over. But you see a deceiver will not give up his greed until forced. Watch close how it will proceed. Each pattern has its ending....

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2010, 01:19:40 PM »

NSM to Bob:

You are obsessed with the issue and justice? Fine! then let the police and the social workers and Tommy's church handle it, and help them find the truth and do so, that is their job, and it is your moral job to help them, but don't pretend your witch hunt against D.S, and 3ABN helps any children or stops any sexual crimes! It doesn't!

Well imo Bob's agenda has been visible for quite some time. His only purpose, as far as I have been able to tell, in bringing up all the allegations against Tommy Shelton is to use them to be the accuser night and day against Danny Shelton and 3ABN, and to coerce them into doing as he dictates.

Bob Pickle on Jan 6 2007, 07:19 PM in Blacksda in a thread where Pickle is posting about Tommy, and taunting Duane Clem to come out of hiding...

Quote from: Bob
I am speaking in a general sense here. Would it be possible to discuss this privately between all of you? Does all this have to be aired for all the world to see?

One way to look at it is that there is a very easy way to shut all of the discussion down regarding Tommy, Danny, and 3ABN. All we need is for Danny to make certain choices, and it's all over.

Thus far he hasn't wanted to do that. I hope he changes his mind soon before it gets any worse.

Me to Pickle and crew:
If Danny makes certain choices, the discussion about Tommy and child molestation charges and keeping other kids safe will shut down? Did I really just read that? This is just about Danny?

And the choice is what?

Pickle answers

Maybe I should have worded that better. There may need to be choices made by several others too.

The average person looking on can probably describe what sort of choices need to be made, and what don't need to be made.

If the choices that need to be made had been made long ago, we wouldn't be discussing any of this today.

and continues in a follow up post:

Say it like this. It wouldn't just "go away" for the children (now adults) that Tommy molested ..

You are absolutely right.
But if there were some apologies and appropriate steps taken regarding the 3ABN personnel that were involved in deceit and cover up regarding this issue, then while some may have to live with it all to the end of their days, these issues would disappear from such widespread, public scrutiny.

It is the persistant refusal to make amends that drives this public exposure.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 01:45:06 PM by Ian »

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 02:01:04 PM »

Well, isn't this an interesting turn of events?   I am glad that the police are now involved.  Bob and Gailon did sound the battle cry, but as we see it was up to the victims, to ask that justice be done. 

I am not sure what anyone is saying by making the difference between beling charge, and copnvicted.  however, I jut want to point out tha it says that after a lengthy investigation, they had enough evidence to put out two warrnats for his arrest.  This does not look good for him.

And don't think that the news media doesn't know about victims in other areas, either.

On a related note, our good friend Steffan has stated that Tommy Shelton has had NO contact with either of the men involved in the current case. I knw one of them personally, and he has had contact with him for years. Steffan is delusional, and spitting in the wind.

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2010, 02:28:10 PM »

You ignored his request and published his letter. Worse you lied about what he said. He wrote the above (blue italicized text) You reported falsely:

"On November 27, 2006, the 3ABN board chairman, Dr. Walt Thompson, essentially admitted in writing that Danny had been involved in a cover up of these allegations around May of 2003."

1) I believe I told Walt up front that I wasn't going to keep this under wraps. How dare he ask me to assist him in covering up the child molestation allegations against Tommy Shelton!

2) I did not lie about what he said, and I did not report falsely. He essentially did admit the same to me in writing when he stated that Danny had told him that the allegations were all 30 years old. Since Dryden's letter and action items told Walt and Danny that the allegations were as recent as 3 years at that time, then Danny lied when he said otherwise. Since Walt told me that Danny was the one who told him that the allegations were all 30 years old is a tacit admission that Danny lied.

It's not the only time this kind of thing has come up. It was Joe O'Brien or his wife who stated that Melody's baby in 2006 was born within the right number of days, but it was close. Who lied to Joe or his wife about that one, or, simply, who lied? Eve John Lomacang admitted that that pregnancy was unwed. Why then was I told that the baby was born within the right number of days?

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2010, 04:54:02 PM »

Tinka asked:
What was their work? That they are able to get the $80,000.

In the area where I live, the present going charge for a $80,000 bail bond is about $2,400.00.  In addition, many people would be able to cover a bail bond of $80,000.00 by putting their home up as security if they were a property owner.

An $80,000 bail bond does not necessarily require a person to deposit that amount with the court.  Although at a time when I was doing regular jail visitation I saw $100,000 bail bonds deposited in cash on a number of occasions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24   Go Up