Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Tommy Shelton arrested!  (Read 175125 times)

Adam

• Veteran Member
Re: Tommy Shelton arrested!
« Reply #315 on: May 13, 2010, 08:38:12 PM »

ROFL!   :ROFL: :ROFL: That's probably right, George.  I find it odd that they defend, defend, and defend, yet they cannot come up with a reasonalbe reason to do so.

As you can see from above, they have to go with different plans.  And Breezy is the one that says above that we need too?  Give me a break.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #316 on: May 13, 2010, 09:35:05 PM »

This is really a sad thing to know such hatred exists among those who say they follow God and the Bible. Remember there are wolves in sheeps clothing. By their fruits we will know them.

Isn't this coming from someone who claims to follow God and the Bible, but who can't bring herself to admit that even if a minor was consenting, that makes no difference? Or am I wrong that Breezy is Junebug?

I long for Jesus to come and rescue us and take us to a place where satan and his evil angels will never live. A place where love and respect, kindness and joy will always be present.

I would be interested in Breezy giving a Bible study clearly establishing what moral standards are optional for people who plan on entering heaven.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #317 on: May 13, 2010, 09:43:44 PM »

by Breezy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:55 pm UTC

What is interesting about getting warrants in the State of Virginia is that any investigator can get one without a Judge's approval which is what happened in this case. The warrant was so full of errors that one wonders if the investigator actually tried to do her job. She not once talked to Tommy or his lawyer, nor did she ever speak to any of the victims. She even stated he was presently teaching school in Kentucky when in reality Tommy hadn't been at that school since 1981 AND the school had been closed for the last 3 years. Interesting Investigator--don't you think? Sounds like she was paid to sit on her tush.

Now where did Breezy come up with all of this? Who's filling her ears full?

Why has she stated that a judge didn't approve the warrants when all five felony warrants were signed by a magistrate?

The investigator never talked to Tommy? Did she try, and Tommy simply refused to return her calls?

Johann

« Reply #318 on: May 14, 2010, 04:46:52 AM »

Quote from: 3ABN by Breezy »   Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:55 pm UTC
I will say this much. Tommy Shelton will be declared innocent. How do I know this? Well, let's just say I know without a doubt. You all watch (including those with the little red pens) -- you will see Tommy declared INNOCENT.

Breezy

Proverbs 18:17

17 The first to present his case seems right,
       till another comes forward and questions him.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #319 on: May 14, 2010, 05:28:40 AM »

by Breezy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:55 pm UTC

What is interesting about getting warrants in the State of Virginia is that any investigator can get one without a Judge's approval which is what happened in this case. The warrant was so full of errors that one wonders if the investigator actually tried to do her job. She not once talked to Tommy or his lawyer, nor did she ever speak to any of the victims. She even stated he was presently teaching school in Kentucky when in reality Tommy hadn't been at that school since 1981 AND the school had been closed for the last 3 years. Interesting Investigator--don't you think? Sounds like she was paid to sit on her tush.

Now where did Breezy come up with all of this? Who's filling her ears full?

Why has she stated that a judge didn't approve the warrants when all five felony warrants were signed by a magistrate?

The investigator never talked to Tommy? Did she try, and Tommy simply refused to return her calls?

My understanding is that she in fact did try to meet with Tommy.  However, he refused to do so. 
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #320 on: May 14, 2010, 09:42:56 AM »

Bob said:

Because under some definations and in some places, a magistrate is an administrator of specified judicial functions--i.e. could be one authorized to issue a warrant--and not a judge who makes judicial decisions.

NOTE: This may varry according to local law.

NOTE: Many people consider a magistrate to be a low level judge.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #321 on: May 14, 2010, 11:02:03 AM »

But Breezy was quoted as saying:

What is interesting about getting warrants in the State of Virginia is that any investigator can get one without a Judge's approval which is what happened in this case.

Your explanation makes sense, but even then, her statement is still misleading. Her wording appears to me to rule out the idea that the warrants were approved by a magistrate.

mrst53

« Reply #322 on: June 09, 2010, 01:50:51 PM »

I spoke to Reverand Jennings B Wood, who was the Pastor prior to Tommy at the Dunn Loring Church of God. I got NOTHING.  All he said was that was that "it was a shame that it happened".  I am planning on his new church, which is only 45 minutes away,so maybe I can get more info then. Sorry guys.
It's been 37 years since I have seen him- it's lucky he remembered me. :ROFL:

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #323 on: June 09, 2010, 02:36:18 PM »

Most people will dodge this like a tornado before they will commit their selves into something they fear will be nationally publicized after it all gets going.

On Youtube while searching for situations and people they have some web sites that are horribly real of children that have been molested. It is for the sake of people to see just how horrible this can be. They definitey did the trick on me as I watched about 3 and just sat and cried for the sake of these children. some didn'nt make it. One father wrote a song for his daughter that he had to bury when he got home from Iraq. Then when I hear people that try to protect this my blood about surfaces through my skin. I can never go back to look again, I just can't take it. It actually made me want to shoot someone off the planet but I know better and then some wonder why it is important to worry what is going on with this evil getting paid by honest christians to enable these ????? to take their desires out on the innocent. This is satan having a field day through his instruments.
Sorry to let out so much but I can't think of anything worse after seeing children huddled in corners, injured, (pictures shown).  Right now, no sweet talk about who's side is right can enter my mind because one side is definitely wrong when evidence shows this went on. I will not soft soap or let emotions take me away until this idiot is where he won't be able to do anything again. I say this through tears of what I saw. They were all true stories. ONe thing for sure an SDA can always be swayed by sympathy. Better get tough as the devil seeks this out to their fall too.  :praying:  for   :help:

mrst53

« Reply #324 on: June 09, 2010, 02:59:41 PM »

I agree, nothing is too bad for them.  I don't care and I think the ones that have helped cover it up should be prosecuted to. If they had turned him after the 1st time, then the other boys would not have been hurt. They are just as responsible.  :(

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #325 on: June 09, 2010, 03:46:24 PM »

Yes, my Mom once had a foster daughter who came to her when she was threes years old.  Her own birth mother and father had abused her in ever conceivable( and some inconceivable) manner.  It was so bad my Mom had to read her file only a couple of pages at a time.  This also the second time they had taken this child from these horrible people.  For the longest time, the little one grew pictures of herself with spots(cigarette burns in reality) on her face.  Even through all of this she was a bright, loving, intelligent ,and outgoing little girl who did very well in school.  Just dear to everyon'e heart.

But you know we Praise God!!! today because the is a bright young woman graduating from high school with scholarships to college.  She and her grandmother keep in touch her her Nana(my Mom).
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #326 on: June 09, 2010, 04:58:51 PM »

I am thankful to hear at least one story turn out but the burns are shivering to my chest. I always can hold or look at a little baby or child and look at wonderment of the little gift Jesus made. All different, just like little snowflakes, like looking at each little feature with amazement knowing that only Jesus can make a little black eye or a little blue eye with their little twigs of hair and tiny little noses of all shapes. Little fingers that curl around so perfect  that can hang on to you with it's first trust and for someone to damage what God created is no more then a devil trying to destroy such a great love to become. Then as the child is older and the trickery of trust is thrust forth, it takes conniving, lustful, hateful, selfish undisciplined and taught desires even if it kills. It's over the line. Your top people that work in this line will tell you they cannot be recuperated.  Something is wrong here. The man has had every opportunity to know truth belonging to a church and where did he hide, with people that loved God and went to church.

All we can do against this as we hear and know of arrests and proof with witnesses is yell and yell until something is done about this. and pray in this little corner that this person, affiliated with public of the SDA will get shut down.

and Di, it really is special people that can go in like your parents and pick up their pieces of life and mend it. Thank goodness, a person has a chance to pick one up curled in a corner of no hope and just hold them and love them.  Then there are those who try to adopt so they can abuse. We had this happen in our state. They locked them in cages and one starved to death.

mrst53

« Reply #327 on: June 09, 2010, 06:23:24 PM »

Di, If your parents are alive, tell them thank-you and give them big hugs when you see them for being foster parents. Not everyone has that kind of love and patience.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #328 on: June 09, 2010, 08:32:44 PM »

I spoke to Reverand Jennings B Wood, who was the Pastor prior to Tommy at the Dunn Loring Church of God. I got NOTHING.  All he said was that was that "it was a shame that it happened".  I am planning on his new church, which is only 45 minutes away,so maybe I can get more info then. Sorry guys.
It's been 37 years since I have seen him- it's lucky he remembered me. :ROFL:

Interesting! Wonder how long he will be willing to keep his silence? Until the courts intervene?
Billy Graham

mrst53

« Reply #329 on: June 10, 2010, 12:49:01 PM »

Do you think Pastor Wood might be called to testify in he July trials?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up