Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tommy Shelton arrested!  (Read 174681 times)

Pat Williams

Re: Tommy Shelton arrested!
« Reply #345 on: June 19, 2010, 01:01:02 PM »

Even if TS is so lucky to get a "not guilty" verdict.  That does not at all declare or foreshadow what a civil suite jury may decide. OJ Simpson is a true example of that.

Some of us are praying for truth and justice and aren't willing to discount verdicts in a court of law, whether of guilt or not guilt as being all about "luck"...

You and others keep mentioning a civil case, or as Joy did, to justice in heaven if not here on earth- almost as if you are prepared to lose??? In any case I find that curious, but am wondering about a civil case. O.J. had money, what would you sue TS for, and how would expenses in a case against him be covered knowing there was no way to recover them?  There are attorneys who take case on a contingency basis, but only if the think they will win and there is money to gain to pay them a percentage out of. My understanding is that TS has spent all his extra and more on the legal case. So what would be the reason to sue or what would be gained. I am not defending or attacking here, I am just curious as none of this makes sense to me. Maybe others are curious too...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 01:09:37 PM by 3ABN_Defender »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #346 on: June 19, 2010, 07:21:44 PM »

Apparently you've never read about cases that were wrongly decided, for whatever reason. If earthly courts were always fair and just and impartial and correct, no appeal would ever be won.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #347 on: June 19, 2010, 08:33:44 PM »

Well, seeing that John C. Manly has been retained by the victims; I'm sure there will be a civil suite. After researching Manly and his cases, I am sure he would not take this on if he didn't think he could gain something. This is an attorney who is notorious for his cases against clergy pedophiles.
Even if TS is so lucky to get a "not guilty" verdict.  That does not at all declare or foreshadow what a civil suite jury may decide. OJ Simpson is a true example of that.

Some of us are praying for truth and justice and aren't willing to discount verdicts in a court of law, whether of guilt or not guilt as being all about "luck"...

You and others keep mentioning a civil case, or as Joy did, to justice in heaven if not here on earth- almost as if you are prepared to lose??? In any case I find that curious, but am wondering about a civil case. O.J. had money, what would you sue TS for, and how would expenses in a case against him be covered knowing there was no way to recover them?  There are attorneys who take case on a contingency basis, but only if the think they will win and there is money to gain to pay them a percentage out of. My understanding is that TS has spent all his extra and more on the legal case. So what would be the reason to sue or what would be gained. I am not defending or attacking here, I am just curious as none of this makes sense to me. Maybe others are curious too...
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #348 on: June 19, 2010, 10:39:27 PM »

Sounds like phishing to me...   hhmm...   ??

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #349 on: June 19, 2010, 11:07:11 PM »

Sounds like phishing to me...   hhmm...   ??

Yep. Me too. Sorry, no one is going to give any info here.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #350 on: June 20, 2010, 04:31:14 AM »

You and others keep mentioning a civil case, or as Joy did, to justice in heaven if not here on earth- almost as if you are prepared to lose??? In any case I find that curious, but am wondering about a civil case. O.J. had money, what would you sue TS for, and how would expenses in a case against him be covered knowing there was no way to recover them?
( :ROFL:  no way to recover??? His employer will pay as he hired the bum knowing the on going episodes. TS will probably lose his clothes too and issued orange or stripped cloth)
There are attorneys who take case on a contingency basis, but only if the think they will win and there is money to gain to pay them a percentage out of. My understanding is that TS has spent all his extra and more on the legal case.
( and who put TS in that position???)
So what would be the reason to sue or what would be gained.
( Victims are owed compensation and the attorneys know how to get it and where)
I am not defending or attacking here, I am just curious as none of this makes sense to me.
(That is quite understandable with these commments or questions)
Maybe others are curious too...
No others got the picture with their ability of reasoning. It's quite simple understanding -as the lawyer did take the case on the ability to know reasoning where compensation is coming from.      Now with boasting of all minglers mingled proudly with evil within, will they still be proud minglers??? Believe me this won't be an OJ case...

Edit - formatting only by Johann
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 10:25:20 AM by Johann »

mrst53

« Reply #351 on: June 20, 2010, 04:43:28 PM »

I am sure that TS has royalties still coming in or life insurance...

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #352 on: June 20, 2010, 04:49:08 PM »

I wonder if 3ABN is still sending Tommy money. Think he took his duplication equipment to Virginia?

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #353 on: June 20, 2010, 04:57:42 PM »

Johann,

Thank you, thank you for doing the quotes for me. You know, I try and try to do this and I know there is something I am missing or my computer just won't do it.
I click on quote then try to delete the rest of posts trying to do just what you and others do. A few times it worked. Then other times I click on quote and then copy just what I want to pick out to comment on and that does not work either. Maybe if you tell me click by click I will detect what I am missing to do. I know that I have to choose carefully the quote marks and that is where I think I mess up. But thank you so much for jumping in there for me.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #354 on: June 20, 2010, 05:46:25 PM »

I wonder if 3ABN is still sending Tommy money. Think he took his duplication equipment to Virginia?

Well, inside information has told me that Tommy recently sold his house. He obviousy has some sort of money coming in seeing that he has been able to fly his wife back and forth from Virginia, to Ky, on numerous occasions.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Up