Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Tommy Shelton arrested!  (Read 172667 times)

mfc10

Re: Tommy Shelton arrested!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 05:20:18 PM »

The video on the second link mentions SDA Church. Sigh.... :hot:
Maggie

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 05:58:02 PM »

Former Fairfax minister arrested for molesting children

Ex-Pastor Accused of Sexual Assault

Former Dunn Loring Pastor Charged With Sexual Abuse

Ex-Pastor Accused Of Sexual Assault In Va.

Distressing, very, but at least the truth and justice can be done for all involved now, and the proper authorities are taking care of it in the right way. I will be praying for all involved and their families, and yes that does include Tommy.

(Pickle you might want to check out the reporting ethics in those articles you site. At this point the difference is like night and day when compared to you, and they aren't claiming to work for God...  )

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 06:18:19 PM »

Wasn't Tommy Shelton on 3ABN accompanying young boys on music programs during that time period?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 06:32:35 PM »

The video on the second link mentions SDA Church. Sigh.... :hot:
Maggie

I've written the reporter and informed her of corrections she needs to make in her report - one about 3abn being owned/run/operated by the SDA church, which it is not, but an independent ministry, and also about the magazine/news source Adventist Today not being owned/run/operated by the SDA church, but also independent.

I trust she will make the corrections.
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 07:11:49 PM »

I believe Bob told the truth in presentation of facts and documents and now proven. But I also believe that is just starters for 3abn for additional cover ups. I do think of what has been done to TS own family and their burden of cover up and then the devestation of the families and the victims. It had to stop for all their benefit and the same for the ones that cover the rest of this Saga. It will happen as all is linked....documents really were the admission and the boys or men finally came forward. So who did the lying, who covered, who threatened, and who displayed it on 3abn. None other then the sympathizers favorite star. Sad very sad for all but the price to pay is high. 3abn needs to be handed over to hopefully still true blue of evangelism and the rest need to just go away. Stop it now before the rest comes into view as it will. The public just don't need the fuel.

SDAminister

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 07:50:14 PM »

Distressing, very, but at least the truth and justice can be done for all involved now, and the proper authorities are taking care of it in the right way. I will be praying for all involved and their families, and yes that does include Tommy.

(Pickle you might want to check out the reporting ethics in those articles you site. At this point the difference is like night and day when compared to you, and they aren't claiming to work for God...  )

Why is it "distressing?

Oh, and the word is "cite" not "site". They are homophonous so I understand the mix-up.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 09:42:14 PM »

Va. ex-pastor charged with molesting boys

KY Man Arrested for Sexually Assaulting Boys in VA

Ex-pastor accused of sexual assault in Va.

How many media outlets are going to cover this story before it's over? And how much of this sordid saga will they cover?

I was told Carol Shelton, Tommy's wife, was told, "He could molest your grandkids," and that she replied, "Don't think I haven't thought of that."

We recently filed with the court a statement by one of Tommy's relatives who claims that Tommy molested him.

Below is the picture of Tommy the Fairfax police has provided to the media.

It must be pretty hard for him right now. We can remember everyone involved in prayer.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 09:50:59 PM by Bob Pickle »

Johann

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 02:13:35 AM »

How many media outlets are going to cover this story before it's over? And how much of this sordid saga will they cover?
It must be pretty hard for him right now. We can remember everyone involved in prayer.

In some prisons inmates who have sexually molested minors are despised and even brutalized by other criminals, so this could be very hard for him.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 05:10:53 AM »

Wonder if the evangelist minglers still want to mingle in their brother off shoots? Wonder why LS had to sign to keep her quiet before the money?
It appears LS knew quit a lot and it was repulsive to her..it appears.

Then there was the difference between LS son and Brandy's girls in treatment. Then the rigged up fiasco of DNA which should have been no problem at all instead it could have been done properly in right places and excepted in court instead of all the excuses and hangups with sympathizers blind eye to court rules for the 100% without doubt.

LS helped build 3abn and it was half hers. It is now her turn to turn it around along with the stand up of the church. Make it legit under SDA banner. But then again I see what is happening on Hope channel. Some very good but fails in SDA SP message as somethings are portrayed to keep up with the public and their likes.

Wedding rings were added by the people in church manual. Not followed by SP. and there is no excuse, no reason that fits. It's vanity. Not important and a waste of money but yet it gives the go on jewelry to public view. It gives the go on charismatic movement, in music. I did watch one though that they had to be commented on and it was beautiful, solemn, and reverent with some happy music that was properly inspired by their appearance of true worship. I had tears and so proud of them as they appeared better then Gaither in spirituality and true behavior.  Even their dress was better at that time as previous seen strapless and gaudy. What happened to woman's apparel in the "pants". Yea, just old stuff. The new age is in. I would like to see in nationally and worldwide view strict appearance of SP. Let them see the difference in the real true worship and forget the portraying of all ones self in song, dress and actions. Forget the gyrations and let the melody flow as that is what turns the heart.  SDA do have many singers that can handle this. Some I have to get away from it. Right now I am liking the Rev series that is on. and I do miss LS and her inspirational comments. That is what made 3abn. Not the "stories" as they were told over and over until it was old and began to get doubtful or was LS a better deceiver as sympathizers portray? The fruits and actions of LS just don't portray it ...but they do...hmmmm. (Just personal thoughts) until actions prove wrong. Tommy Shelton was their (first??) mistake to portray on 3abn! Pew money supported him too. Johann, God is not a respector of this and I think TS might be left to his folly but am not going to judge as God knows all cause and sickness. He had the message, he had the light and he had his protector, his brother.  It is sad as we see humans bend to outer limits and realize they are now in space but my sympathy is with the victims. Somebody had to do something and it needs to be commended they did it. TS photo looks very sick. You cannot love God and hurt his children just for your own desires. How many people has his brother hurt?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 05:36:13 AM by tinka »

Mary Sue Smith

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 07:39:41 AM »

The words "charged" and "accused" in the newspapers should tell everyone that TS has not been pronounced "guilty" by the Courts.  So better reserve your pronounced judgments as the Court hasn't made their decision yet. So until they do, TS is innocent of all charges. 

Donna

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 08:15:10 AM »

Right on Junebug!!

childoftheking

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 08:52:35 AM »

By the following statement I am not saying that Tommy has already been proven guilty in court: But Junebug and Donna, I don't believe that any criminal has had their trial before they were arrested at least in this country. What difference do your statements make other than to state the obvious. Tommy is no different than anyone else who has been arrested. He will get his chance in court. The police did investigate before charges were brought, however.

Johann

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 08:55:25 AM »

washingtonpost.com  
      What's The Crime Scene all about? . . .
      Crime & Justice . . .
    * The Post's Crime Coverage . . .

Former Fairfax minister arrested for molesting children

A Kentucky man who formerly was pastor of a Fairfax County church in the 1990s has been arrested by Fairfax police for allegedly molesting two boys in the mid-1990s, Fairfax police said Thursday.

Shelton. (Fairfax Police)

Tommy Shelton, 64, was the pastor of Community Church of God at 2500 Gallows Rd. in the Dunn Loring area, from 1995 to 2000, police said.

In 2008, two men approached Fairfax police and reported that they had been sexually assaulted by Shelton. One man said he had been molested when he was 12 to 14 years old, and the other man said he was 8 to 9 years old when he was molested, police said.

There is no statute of limitations on such crimes in Virginia.

Police obtained warrants in February charging Shelton with two counts of aggravated sexual battery, two counts of indecent liberties with a minor, and sodomy. Shelton, who now lives in Marion, Ky., surrendered Tuesday to Fairfax police, and was being held in the Fairfax jail Thursday in lieu of $80,000 bond.

-- Tom Jackman

I wonder if someone will bail him out with $80,000 so that he will not have to spend his time in the Fairfax jail until the case has been tried in court? Why should he have to be in jail before the judge has pronounced him guilty or not guilty?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 09:24:22 AM »

DS may very well be the one to bail him out and I do not have any problem with that.

I also agree when it comes to the legal system that a person is innocent until proven guilty, however, the fact that he was finally charged says that they must have a lot of evidence against him to have charged him.

How does this impact what is happening between Joy & Pickle vs Danny Shalton & 3ABN?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24   Go Up