Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Brandy Shelton files for divorce  (Read 26603 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing

GRAT

Re: Brandy Shelton files for divorce
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 12:23:57 PM »

I wonder why she would choose to keep the Shelton name.  She seemed to really want out to agree to all that and without an attorney to protect her rights. Also interesting that only one daughter would have her school tuition paid.

inga

• The Sabbath School Network
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 05:11:25 PM »

My respect for Brandy has gone up through reading this divorce filing.

Brandy is clearly not out for the money. She merely wants out of the marriage. It would have been fair enough for her to ask for a lot more money for putting up with what she did for three years of her life.

She is showing some class for basically asking for nothing but dissolution of the marriage.

I wonder what this did to her concept of God, seeing she was married to one of his most visible representatives -- or so she was justified to believe ...

I do hope she has a good support system.
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 05:26:08 PM »

Inga,
How could she do anything different, she was convinced of signing a prenupital before the marriage. Did you read it. She had to understand the incomplete clauses of real estate and employment or was told how to understand it. ;)

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 05:35:58 PM »

Inga,
How could she do anything different, she was convinced of signing a prenupital before the marriage. Did you read it. She had to understand the incomplete clauses of real estate and employment or was told how to understand it. ;)

She didn't have to sign anything, and it was a post nuptial agreement, not a pre-nuptial agreement.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 05:39:25 PM »

I am not a legal person to know correct terminology until its important enough that I go after it, but the wording gives the same effect I guess.

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 05:46:26 PM »

I wonder why she would choose to keep the Shelton name.  She seemed to really want out to agree to all that and without an attorney to protect her rights.

Maybe she was in a hurry and had places to go and people to see...

Also interesting that only one daughter would have her school tuition paid.

Well the other one lives with her father and has no tuition.  Did you happen to notice how Brandy and Danny both signed that child support wasn't needed and that they had no children in common?

I found all Brandy's signatures very interesting also as they looked exactly the same as the one Dr Day and the folks here made such a big deal about claiming wasn't hers. ;)

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 05:50:19 PM »

I am not a legal person to know correct terminology until its important enough that I go after it, but the wording gives the same effect I guess.

It just means they signed the agreement after they were already married and not before, and she apparently didn't feel she wanted or needed a lawyer of her own.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 08:57:36 PM »

I found all Brandy's signatures very interesting also as they looked exactly the same as the one Dr Day and the folks here made such a big deal about claiming wasn't hers. ;)

Which specific signature are you referring to on what page? I just looked and it seemed to me that not one "Brandy" looked like the top two "Brandy"'s at http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/dr_day/shelton's/images/signatures.jpg.

It just means they signed the agreement after they were already married and not before, and she apparently didn't feel she wanted or needed a lawyer of her own.

It means they've been preparing for divorce for about two years, or longer. If you're not anticipating a divorce I wouldn't think you'd sign a post-nuptial agreement outlining what you would do if you got divorced.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 01:17:51 PM »

Ok so how does Danny luck up to get women who don't believe they need a lawyer when signing legal documents?   Linda, now Brandy.  But it is about time Brandy filed.  How long she been gone?  Get it done and move on.................and where is the pronouncement from 3ABN board about Brandy......sheesh!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

inga

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 02:34:21 PM »

Which specific signature are you referring to on what page? I just looked and it seemed to me that not one "Brandy" looked like the top two "Brandy"'s at http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/dr_day/shelton's/images/signatures.jpg.

Whew!! That's a major difference -- a difference in style, not just a difference between a careful signature and a careless signature. But who would be so careless as to forge a signature (as the top two at the goodnewsaboutgod.com site) that looks so unlike the real one?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 02:49:56 PM by inga »
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 02:38:59 PM »

Whew!! That's a major difference -- a difference in style, not just a difference between a careful signature and a careless signature. But who would be so careless as to forge a signature that looks so unlike the real one?

Danny Shelton, from all appearances.

inga

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 02:51:09 PM »

Whew!! That's a major difference -- a difference in style, not just a difference between a careful signature and a careless signature. But who would be so careless as to forge a signature that looks so unlike the real one?

Danny Shelton, from all appearances.

I have to admit it look just like all the Danny Shelton signatures I've seen ... H'm .... I really hadn't noticed that before ...

Johann

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 10:19:39 AM »

Several people have now verified they saw Brandy at the Call Center of 3ABN right after Camp Meeting in 2004. Why was she there?

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 11:54:40 AM »

NOW that is NEWS...we have had NO PRIOR VERIFICATION that Brandy was in Thompsonville prior to 2006, beyond the times she attended with her parents. We had good contacts regarding her time in the in the call center during the "dating phase" and the time Nick Miller was there and on...if this can be verified it creates a real break in the pre-divorce contact issues.

I await further developments as we piece together a clearer picture!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up