Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Doug Bachelor Preaches Against Women Pastors & Elders  (Read 92540 times)

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
Re: Doug Bachelor Preaches Against Women Pastors & Elders
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2011, 05:58:01 AM »

From The Texas Baptist Committed:

Dr. Billy Graham, when asked by David Frost about women's ordination, said, "Women preach all over the world. It doesn't bother me at all from my study of the Scriptures. And there were many women preachers in the Bible." . . .

. . . on the same day that the SBC published its proposed revision to the "Baptist Faith and Message," USA Today carried an article about Anne Graham Lotz, daughter of the famous evangelist. In that article, Graham called her the "best preacher in the family."

http://www.txbc.org/2000Journals/July2000/July00womeninthepulpit.htm

I greatly admire Dr. Billy Graham. He is a true leader in the SBC. However, I am greatly appalled by his comment. There is no biblical foundation that there were women preacher's in the bible.

This goes to show the division within my church, I love greatly.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Johann

« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2011, 07:51:33 AM »

Here is a short list of female preacher in the Bible. Worth considering.

1. Deborah
2. Miriam
3. Mother in Isa. 8:3
4. Mary
5. Anna
6. Priscilla
7. Phoebe

christined

« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2011, 10:03:05 AM »

1. Deborah
2. Miriam
4. Mary
5. Anna
6. Priscilla
7. Phoebe

:thumbsup:

Johann

« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2011, 10:28:38 AM »

1. Deborah
2. Miriam
4. Mary
5. Anna
6. Priscilla
7. Phoebe

:thumbsup:

I forgot to mention the four daughters of Philip. . .

heartfan

« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2011, 06:38:42 PM »

Do you believe that a homosexual man should be able to pastor?

I would also pose a question for Johann, Robert and Bob Pickle:

Do you believe that divorced men should be able to pastor?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2011, 12:13:44 PM »

This is kind of an unpopular response to your question, but here goes........  Sin is sin, and iffn you are going to start clearing out the homosexual pastors, you gots to clear out the ones who are committing "same sex"  adultery and fornication, lying, stealing money, etc., etc.  We tend to focus to the sins on which we, not God, rank as more sinful that others.  Homsexuals and pregnant teen girls can always expect to feel the full brunt of the law. 
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2011, 01:02:15 PM »

I'd say that all depends on if he permits his homosexual leanings to govern his life, or if he is fully committed to the Lord and conquers in his temptations.

This may not be the answer you were expecting, but I have known such a person who, as far as I know, gained full control over his temptations. Only his wife knew about his tendencies and did not reveal it until more than 20 years after his death.

abrasax

« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2011, 04:39:04 PM »

I'd say that all depends on if he permits his homosexual leanings to govern his life, or if he is fully committed to the Lord and conquers in his temptations.

This may not be the answer you were expecting, but I have known such a person who, as far as I know, gained full control over his temptations. Only his wife knew about his tendencies and did not reveal it until more than 20 years after his death.

Homosexuals, women, murderers who are we to say who can preach and who can't? If God calls someone to preach then they should do just that, instead of listening to judgmental Christians saying who should "be allowed" to preach or not.

There were obviously women preachers in the bible but even if there were not that doesn't mean they "shouldn't be allowed" to exist now. They did not use cars, eat McHamburgers or play basketball in the bible but that doesn't make these things wrong. If someone is called to preach, let them preach. Just because someone is preaching doesn't mean you have to listen either. Let people do what they will, let God worry about what is right and wrong for other people.
The world would be a better place if everyone listened to the bible lessons.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2011, 05:31:19 AM »

There are millions of preachers out there who preach their own doctrine and uneducated opinions.

What is supposed to happen for a true message comes under a "foundational true biblical account" guided by a close organized way meaning education of scriptures and then "Ordained" or "Blessed" by the teachers that they will give a complete true account as most SDA "preachers" do to follow the pure church.

As far as the women in the Bible and their leadership and teaching,  was the same similiar scenairo as EGW. She was ordained as a messenger by God as she claims and was not ordained by men as a preacher. So why would she let men and human hands ordain her when she already knew God's hand was on her. I see no place where the women of the Bible were ordained by men.  All churches have rituals to define the same way for whatever religion. Our choice is to know which one is right and then fellowship with the leader and people of truth. and we can't know that unless we study for ourselves or else we are led by man and his own opinion. Ordination was to secure facts as true before one goes out and takes the responsibility of being a false preacher.....which many are.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2011, 10:47:56 AM »

Excellent answer, Pastor!

Tinka, you are allowing for God to have used EGW and the women in the Bible as leaders, preachers, prophets.  Why do you believe He stopped at some point?  If He chose to use women then, then why not now?  I mean by far, the women did not seem to have nearly as many issues as the men chosen to be leaders, preachers, prophets.There is no reasons given, besides the insecurities of men and their desire to rule over women. 

I only read in the Bible about women submitting(willingly) to their husbands, not all women being subject to all men by station of their birth. 

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2012, 12:30:23 PM »

This morning I heard that the Roman Catholic Church has now decided that pastors in the Anglican Church are fully accepted as Fathers in the Roman Catholic Church if they fulfill but one requirement: They have to object to women pastors.

Even married Anglican pastors can become Roman Catholic priests and remain married, but if they are single they are not allowed to marry after they have become Roman Catholics. It appears like the local Anglican Church will also be accepted as a Roman Catholic church if their pastor objects to female parsons.

Wonder how many other denominations will be accepted on the same premises?

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2012, 05:35:30 AM »

The Roman Catholic prohibition against married priests is considered to be a church doctrine which the Pope can change at any time.  The truth of the matter is that there is a history of Rome occasionally allowing married priests. 

1) When I was on the teaching faculty of the U.S. Army Chaplain School, we had a married Roman Catholic priest (formally an Episcapalian) as a student.
2) There is a very small order of Roman Catholic priests in Europe that has been allowed to marry.  But, few know about them.
3) In the beginning stages of the development of the  Roman Catholic Church its priests were often married.  Celebacy came at a later stage.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2012, 05:44:04 AM »

The following is quite informational:

http://catholicism.about.com/b/2009/11/19/reader-question-are-there-married-catholic-priests.htm

Actually I learned something from the above website.  According to it, married Roman Catholic clergy has been allwoed more than I realized.

Johann

« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2012, 06:41:31 AM »

The issue as of January 1, 2012 seems to be that the Roman Catholic Church will not permit female pastors.

Are some other denominations attempting to meet those requirements?

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2012, 12:04:59 PM »

Female pastors:  That is clear.  The Roman Catholic Chruch, as constituted today will not allow female clergy.  However, it must be recognized that today it will allow females to distribute consecrated hosts and it has many females doing such.

Point of history:  I believe that if you check your history you will find a female who it is claimed to have been the Pope.  That goes back to the well-known historical time when there was more than one person who claimed to be the rightful Pope.

It msut be noted that the modern Roman Catholic Chruch and many scholars deny that there ever was a Pope Joan.  But, a minority believe that there may have been a Pope Joan who lived as a male and was only discovered to be a female when she gave birth.  For more on this, see the following URL:

http://www.haribird.com/news2C14.htm

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 12:11:44 PM by Gregory »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up