Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Arrest the Pope? I rather think we should"  (Read 4503 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
"Arrest the Pope? I rather think we should"
« on: April 12, 2010, 05:22:22 AM »

"Arrest the Pope? I rather think we should"

Interesting article by a concerned Catholic, upset over Ratzinger's letter refusing to laicize a priest accused of child abuse, even though the priest himself had requested it. Ratzinger/Benedict refused for "the good of the universal Church."

Should Danny Shelton be arrested?

childoftheking

Re: "Arrest the Pope? I rather think we should"
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 07:32:45 AM »

Don't you know that you are supposed to sweep these things under the rug....to protect the universal church or to protect the tv ministry, to protect the reputation of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, so as not to disillusion new converts who idealize the tv ministry and its celebrities, because it would just kill the wife and family of the perpetrator, because it would hurt the victim's parents if they knew, because you wouldn't be believed anyway, because you would have to relive it in your mind (better to try to block it out and forget about it) and lots of other reasons I am sure. Meanwhile a perp can be on the loose to continue to victimize.

mrst53

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 08:14:55 AM »

Where do we put them all? Build a special jail, just for clerical child molesters? :pals:

WillowRun

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 09:07:09 AM »

I think there needs to be a one strike law for any sexual predator.  Particularly those who victimize children.  Money should not be the deciding factor.  The safety of law abiding people is more important.  

At the very least, a one strike law should sentence the offender to a life time of wearing a gps bracelet....

Willow
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 09:10:44 AM by WillowRun »
Respectfully,

Willow

WillowRun

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 01:27:40 PM »

You know I also have to add:  The saddest day of my life was when I had to explain to my four daughters that the biggest perverts are hiding in God's house of worship.  And...that if anything happened that was inappropriate, they should tell me immediately...Jesus wouldn't be mad at them.  Jesus gets mad at grownups who do those sorts of things.
Respectfully,

Willow

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 01:42:40 PM »

I agree.

The day of reckoning will soon be here, and there will be plenty of weeping and gnashing of teeth. Now mercy is still on the throne, but soon she shall fold her wings, and justice shall take her place.

RBF

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 07:28:04 PM »

You know I also have to add:  The saddest day of my life was when I had to explain to my four daughters that the biggest perverts are hiding in God's house of worship.  And...that if anything happened that was inappropriate, they should tell me immediately...Jesus wouldn't be mad at them.  Jesus gets mad at grownups who do those sorts of things.

Good job, WillowRun!

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 12:31:27 AM »

Thank you.  I really needed to hear this, especially tonight.  My emotions are running ..............

I think there needs to be a one strike law for any sexual predator.  Particularly those who victimize children.  Money should not be the deciding factor.  The safety of law abiding people is more important.  

At the very least, a one strike law should sentence the offender to a life time of wearing a gps bracelet....

Willow

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 01:41:49 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100414/ap_on_re_as/as_china_earthquake

How long, how long must we wait dear Lord?  Here is another one of the signs.  They are coming faster and faster.  How soon will You come?  I love you Lord.  I know you are waiting for so many to give their lives to you.  Lord, will I be able to see you come?  I am dying to know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up