Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Jury holds Boy Scouts negligent in sex-abuse case"  (Read 4000 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
"Jury holds Boy Scouts negligent in sex-abuse case"
« on: April 14, 2010, 04:16:34 AM »

"Jury holds Boy Scouts negligent in sex-abuse case"

Jurors in Portland, Oregon, awarded a former Boy Scout $1.4 million after finding Tuesday that the organization was negligent in allowing a Scout leader who was a sex offender to have contact with him.

childoftheking

Re: "Jury holds Boy Scouts negligent in sex-abuse case"
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 06:37:43 AM »

So are his rights any more valualble than any other victim of any other organization?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 01:53:30 PM »

Ok so this is what I was talking about in the other thread.  By still scheduling TS to work and be listed int he present and future schedules, 3ABN is opening themselves up for some legal action.

One thing have have not gotten straight is if there was actually an incident during either tenure of TS employment at 3ABN.  Are there any allegations? 

I am sorry to be so remedial, but I never did get that time line, especially where Duane is concerned(there was jsut so much information, it is like a blur).  I know he was at 3ABN at some point.  Like this case with the Boy Scouts and RCC, they could be hold libel if they had any knowledge before any alleged incidents.

So can sombody just give me a quick Reader's Digest version, not of the entire scenaroi, but just enough to gie me the coorect timeline.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 02:05:59 PM »

One thing have have not gotten straight is if there was actually an incident during either tenure of TS employment at 3ABN.  Are there any allegations?

There are allegations of sexual misconduct while Tommy worked at 3ABN, and there are allegations that misconduct occurred on 3ABN's premises. I do not have enough info at the moment to know whether the alleged misconduct on 3ABN's premises happened during his employment.

So can sombody just give me a quick Reader's Digest version, not of the entire scenaroi, but just enough to gie me the coorect timeline.

Around 1985, maybe a little sooner, Tommy was beside himself in Danny's house because the parents of an alleged victim were bringing back the car he had given the boy. Thus, from 3ABN's very beginnings, Danny has known of the allegations.

Tommy got booted out of 3ABN around 1991, and returned around 2001. 3ABN money allegedly went to Tommy in the late 1990's while he was in Virginia.
Pages: [1]   Go Up