Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: A Death  (Read 19544 times)

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
A Death
« on: April 24, 2010, 11:29:01 PM »

My old Scrabble buddy, Cindi, is gone many years too soon. I am glad that in her last days she had good friends and good memories of time with them. The last few years of her life, her death, and her circumstances strike me very hard and I thank the people who were close to her for being there. Life will go on for all of us, and then it will end. There is lots of "woulda, coulda, shoulda" that tears at me as I remember her, but maybe it can extend to the people around and still living.

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
Re: A Death
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 02:28:35 AM »

Such very sad news, my heart has been aching all evening over it, and I'm sure it will continue.
I'm glad this isn't all there is to this life - this planet and the garbage on it.
I'm so sorry this has happened to her. I plan to greet her again in heaven.
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 01:41:01 PM »

This morning, Steve said to one of our friends who is grieving for Cindi...

"KM remember, cry when you need too, laugh when you can, and take each day, each moment as it comes.... "

Cindi, my dearest friend, I miss you terribly and treasure each memory we shared.  You blessed so many with your life.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Johann

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 02:37:27 PM »

A remarkable member has fallen. Although she was not visible to many here on Advent Talk she left her distinctive footprints which might be visible for a long time.

We look forward to the day when death shall be no more and neither will the reasons why humanity has lived in the valley of the shadow of death give us any more trouble. "Thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 10:27:04 PM »

Well said, Johann.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 01:18:00 PM »

I am so very saddened by this loss.  She was jsut so special.  I will remember the good times, and how she was so instrumental in "Tha Gathering".  My thoughts and prayers are with all us, family and friends who love her.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 08:29:47 PM »

I am so thankful that she and I were able to re-connect just before her passing.  Now I know the truth.

You will be missed Cindi!  I'll always smile inside when I remember that cross-country jeep trip!!

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 09:15:20 AM »

Yes, Cindi has died.

Several years ago she was diagnosed with a serious illness.  It was progressive.  She had to give up her practice of law. Gradually it took its toll.  The last few weeks of her life were filled with heroic efforts to save her.  Those efforts failed.  Finally she died.  She died with her friends doing what they could to encourage her.

She was a very private person.  It is her wish that peple not spend time talking about her death, the illness that finally took her and the last days of her life.

I will simply say:  Those who once questioned the issues surrounding her giving up the practice of law simply did not know the facts.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 10:03:19 AM »

Yes, Cindi has died.

Several years ago she was diagnosed with a serious illness.  It was progressive.  She had to give up her practice of law. Gradually it took its toll.  The last few weeks of her life were filled with heroic efforts to save her.  Those efforts failed.  Finally she died.  She died with her friends doing what they could to encourage her.

She was a very private person.  It is her wish that peple not spend time talking about her death, the illness that finally took her and the last days of her life.

I will simply say:  Those who once questioned the issues surrounding her giving up the practice of law simply did not know the facts.

I don't see any point in dragging up old stuff now.  There were very questionable circumstances surrounding the end of her law practice, regardless of who thinks they know, or don't know, all the facts.  But there is no reason to drag that up now in an effort to have the last word and appear to be "in the know".

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 08:33:53 PM »

This was posted at BSDA:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Noahswife's sister Christina:

As most of you know, Cindi passed away from breast cancer on Friday April 23. I was with her when she went, which was hard but also an honor. Her wish was to be creamated and her ashes spread here in Santa Rosa Beach. She asked that i pick a time to have everyone release a balloon in her memory. She asked me not to have a service, however I am finding that many still seek a memorial service for closure. Soooo,

Tomorrow at sunset ( Thursday April 28th 7:30 central time 8:30 eastern time) Vor and I (probably mom and larry too) will spread Cindi's ashes. At that time, all who would like to participate in saying good-bye with us should release a balloon and say good-bye in whatever way works for them.

I have not decided about having a memorial service. I need to discuss this more with my family. I am torn between my firm belief that services are for the grieving more than the deceased and fullfilling my beloved sister's wishes down to the last detail.

Finally, I wanted to let everyone know that i have been in touch with "Bark Park" where Cindi and Vor used to go. I am purchasing a bench for the park with a plaque that reads "In loving memory of Cindi Kline Randall who spent many happy hours here with her faithful companion Vor"'

Will all of you take a moment and forward/call and send this to everyone I do not have on the list? Your help is greatly appreciated.
Sending all of you a big hug for the tough days ahead, Christina

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 09:26:38 AM »

Missing you, my friend.  I can't believe it has been a year.

But thankful you now rest peacefully, awaiting the day Jesus will call you home.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 02:19:09 PM »

Amen.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 05:58:12 PM »

Are you trying to tell me that I have mis-understood the role that Cindi Randall Kline played in the recent epic from 2006 to 2008? And so, just what was the truth and just what was the role she played and to what purpose?

I am not known to memorialize those unworthy so someone best turn this story from black to white with real facts and purpose, provable with documentation!!! It will have an impact on a key chapter in the story, if I am convinced.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 02:32:44 PM »

A message from Cindi's sister, Christina...

Jeanette,
would you please post this quote on my behalf:

It is a particularly loathsome act to speak ill of the dead. It is clear to me that this person does not have the love, peace or forgiveness of Jesus Christ in their heart and I pity them. A post such as the one by this "Gailon" is hurtful and only adds to the pain of grieving friends and family. For this "Gailon" to memorialize my dearest and only sister....well, it is neither wanted, needed nor accepted.

Oh and btw, here is MY take on the 3ABN DRAMA ....who cares? Get rid of your satellite dish and go to church. Jim and Tammy Faye have left the building.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 05:09:12 PM »

GJ, really?  Didn't anyone tell you that if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.  You did not have to post here.  You really went too far this time.  It is not right when you do in response to other member's posts, but to act this way when someone is not here to defend themsleves. you need to keep that venom to yourself.

Are you trying to tell me that I have mis-understood the role that Cindi Randall Kline played in the recent epic from 2006 to 2008? And so, just what was the truth and just what was the role she played and to what purpose?

I am not known to memorialize those unworthy so someone best turn this story from black to white with real facts and purpose, provable with documentation!!! It will have an impact on a key chapter in the story, if I am convinced.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up