Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: A Death  (Read 19549 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: A Death
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 05:59:59 PM »

A message from Cindi's sister, Christina...

Jeanette,
would you please post this quote on my behalf:

It is a particularly loathsome act to speak ill of the dead. It is clear to me that this person does not have the love, peace or forgiveness of Jesus Christ in their heart and I pity them. A post such as the one by this "Gailon" is hurtful and only adds to the pain of grieving friends and family. For this "Gailon" to memorialize my dearest and only sister....well, it is neither wanted, needed nor accepted.

Oh and btw, here is MY take on the 3ABN DRAMA ....who cares? Get rid of your satellite dish and go to church. Jim and Tammy Faye have left the building.

Christina,

I feel your pain.  I am sorry that a member here caused you additional pain.

Obviously you have no interest in the 3ABN story so I doubt if you read here regularly.  That leaves me wondering just who could be so cruel as to make sure you were exposed to someone else's hurtful opinion unnecessarily.  I have my suspicions.

Just remember what I told you on FB.  There were two people I confided in.  Your sister and someone else.  You know your sister's response.  That only leaves...well... 

I implore you, my dear friend's sister, to be VERY careful who you choose to trust.  I found out the hard way.  If you want to talk about it, you know where to find me.

Best regards, and prayers for the huge hole I know you still have in your heart...

Snoopy

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 07:00:13 PM »

Oh and btw, here is MY take on the 3ABN DRAMA ....who cares? Get rid of your satellite dish and go to church. Jim and Tammy Faye have left the building.[/i]

Has Danny left the building?

Obviously you have no interest in the 3ABN story so I doubt if you read here regularly.  That leaves me wondering just who could be so cruel as to make sure you were exposed to someone else's hurtful opinion unnecessarily.

You put into words the question that immediately jumped out at me.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 05:39:50 AM »

Facts are facts and truth is truth, and the fruits do follow. Sad, sometimes hurtful but why try to change or cover it? I believe one was just trying to give fickle acknowledgement of posts gone by. I am sure OBL's family find all good. Is there anything one can say good now after the fact? Don't think so. Nothing changes as character deceases.  In fact I don't sometimes even believe what I see...for instance- it is a great wonder how someone can do kidney dialysis for 10 years (OBL)and and be in regular (walking the halls of the mansion) condition. Those finer details just don't mingle well. What can we believe? what we are told? and for what motives to gain.     :ROFL:  Are we now downgraded so much we can't think for ourselves or be prodded that we better not or else -on posts. It comes to mind from reading "our" books that the US will only find their deceivement when tooooo late. --- :help: for followers will be too late.

and BTW I notice now the dually pair of 3abn sits side by side now for the viewers to get into common place of acceptance"asking that she be called by first name" and she reaches out twice for the very personal "pats" on his arm. "Whew when does this stop!!! Downfall, you can pretty well say "it's coming".  EGW clearly states that a pastor or men)  that likes to do hand on touches with female other then handshake to "beware". She is right. Then there are women that do the same thing.  :ROFL:  I wonder who tried to come on to who in this (now laughing mess)Yep, I've been a watch-en to verify the truth --as fact develops. Of course my opinion to persuade others is not the reason here. It is for my own acknowledgements. It is for the reason of being disgruntled by financial deceivement. The handwriting was on the wall when I first got the "ole letter" from 3abn, before Gailon ever commented way back when.... Back in posts I knew what outcome this evil would bring. the fact is the culprit just keeps a "truckin" as the "bright lights" from the :oncoming train" will meet him headon.

Johann

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 09:59:25 AM »

What change does a death make?

Many rejoyce that Obama Bin Laden is dead, others threaten revenge.

My wife and I have both lost our first mates Now we are staying with her sister attempting to comfort her after the funeral of her husband. They were married for almost 60 years.

As we return home I will be making preparations for a couple of child dedications in the family. Life and death is the way of life for yet a while. For how long? Are we prepared? How?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 09:13:05 PM »

What change does a death make?

Many rejoyce that Obama Bin Laden is dead, others threaten revenge.

My wife and I have both lost our first mates Now we are staying with her sister attempting to comfort her after the funeral of her husband. They were married for almost 60 years.

As we return home I will be making preparations for a couple of child dedications in the family. Life and death is the way of life for yet a while. For how long? Are we prepared? How?

You are right, Johann, as usual!

But I would submit to you that the death of a spouse of 60+ years is a bit different than the death of a sibling who has not even reached 60 years of age.  I lost my mom last year, but she was in her 80s.  Christina lost a sister who had not yet even reached 60 year old.

But regardless of age, the question still stands.  Are we prepared?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011, 02:38:42 PM »

Tinka, you might not have information os this, but I have first hand information.  OBL could have been on dialysis for 10 years and walked around his house.  Not everyone on dialysis is bedridden or even weak. They work and carry on normal lives.  My father, aunt and cousin did and do exactly that until they got their transplants  I know of a dear friend now who does the same, waiting for her transplant.   

If there is another thread regarding OBL, I will comment further on recent events.  This is not the appropriate thread for this discussion.  Folks, can we please sling the mud in another thread besides this one?  Just out of some sense of common courtesy?

Facts are facts and truth is truth, and the fruits do follow. Sad, sometimes hurtful but why try to change or cover it? I believe one was just trying to give fickle acknowledgement of posts gone by. I am sure OBL's family find all good. Is there anything one can say good now after the fact? Don't think so. Nothing changes as character deceases.  In fact I don't sometimes even believe what I see...for instance- it is a great wonder how someone can do kidney dialysis for 10 years (OBL)and and be in regular (walking the halls of the mansion) condition. Those finer details just don't mingle well. What can we believe? what we are told? and for what motives to gain.     :ROFL:  Are we now downgraded so much we can't think for ourselves or be prodded that we better not or else -on posts. It comes to mind from reading "our" books that the US will only find their deceivement when tooooo late. --- :help: for followers will be too late.

and BTW I notice now the dually pair of 3abn sits side by side now for the viewers to get into common place of acceptance"asking that she be called by first name" and she reaches out twice for the very personal "pats" on his arm. "Whew when does this stop!!! Downfall, you can pretty well say "it's coming".  EGW clearly states that a pastor or men)  that likes to do hand on touches with female other then handshake to "beware". She is right. Then there are women that do the same thing.  :ROFL:  I wonder who tried to come on to who in this (now laughing mess)Yep, I've been a watch-en to verify the truth --as fact develops. Of course my opinion to persuade others is not the reason here. It is for my own acknowledgements. It is for the reason of being disgruntled by financial deceivement. The handwriting was on the wall when I first got the "ole letter" from 3abn, before Gailon ever commented way back when.... Back in posts I knew what outcome this evil would bring. the fact is the culprit just keeps a "truckin" as the "bright lights" from the :oncoming train" will meet him headon.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 04:31:25 PM »

Yea, these days I think my thoughts run in all directions at once. Trying to stay a float mentallity with my own grief. Sorry

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 07:38:31 PM »

This is not the appropriate thread for this discussion.  Folks, can we please sling the mud in another thread besides this one?  Just out of some sense of common courtesy?

Agreed, Di!!  This is NOT the thread for that!!

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011, 01:49:32 PM »

Understood, Tinka.  Unfortunately, for us our family is dealing with loss anew.  Yesterday, my younger cousin passed away..........Lord have mercy on us all.

Yea, these days I think my thoughts run in all directions at once. Trying to stay a float mentallity with my own grief. Sorry
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

childoftheking

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 03:05:31 PM »

I'm so sad for all of you dealing with loss of any kind. We were so fortunate untill a few years ago when our family started loosing folks to illness, old age and so on. I can totally relate.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 04:56:26 PM »

I miss you, Cindi.  I so wish I could talk to you right now.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 12:09:57 PM »

Ditto.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2012, 03:59:51 PM »

I did it, Cindi.  I finally did it.  I know it's a little late, but you always said you would be proud of me.  I miss you so much.

Johann

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 08:42:07 AM »

I did it, Cindi.  I finally did it.  I know it's a little late, but you always said you would be proud of me.  I miss you so much.

Shouldn't we be proud of you too?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 04:34:46 PM »

Sounds like it Pastor Johann!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up