Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Death  (Read 19514 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: A Death
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2012, 03:19:56 PM »

Oh Cindi...

Why didn't I listen to you?  Why?  I've learned so much in recent weeks...  Wish I could talk to you...

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2012, 12:10:14 PM »

It's been over two years and I still haven't adjusted to not interacting with Cindi nearly every day.  Her death left such a hole in my life. 

I don't know what you've learned and I have purposely distanced myself from the entire toxic issue except to watch as Tommy Shelton is finally wrapped in the arms of the justice system as a consequence for his abominable actions. If your eyes have been opened to see what Cindi was attempting to share with you just know that she and I would be jumping for joy.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Behind the scenes?
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012, 04:47:50 AM »

It's been over two years and I still haven't adjusted to not interacting with Cindi nearly every day.

GrandmaNettie,

Good to have you back.

For a number of years now I have wondered what was really going on behind the scenes. Would you feel free to share? I have wondered why you and Cindi were contacting Daryl's conference office. What was that really all about? Was anyone asking you and/or Cindi to do that, or suggesting that you and/or Cindi do that, or asking you and/or Cindi to accomplish any sort of objective?

I would suggest that it might be more appropriate to answer in a different thread than this one.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2012, 05:46:02 AM »

For a number of years now I have wondered what was really going on behind the scenes. Would you feel free to share? I have wondered why you and Cindi were contacting Daryl's conference office. What was that really all about? Was anyone asking you and/or Cindi to do that, or suggesting that you and/or Cindi do that, or asking you and/or Cindi to accomplish any sort of objective?

1)  It would seem to me that this issue should be between Daryl and Grandma Nettie.

2)  I do not think this should be an issue for public discussion, unless Daryl choses to make it such.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2012, 06:38:19 AM »

1)  It would seem to me that this issue should be between Daryl and Grandma Nettie.

2)  I do not think this should be an issue for public discussion, unless Daryl choses to make it such.

You may be correct, but since those contacts appear to have been an effort to shut down or adversely affect this website, I think it goes beyond just being between Daryl and GrandmaNettie.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2012, 11:58:50 AM »

Was this ever answered in a different thread than this one?

As it seems it wasn't from the later posts, a lot of time has passed by, therefore, I will need to refresh my memory regarding all of this.   I do remember receiving a call or two about this from Cindi, however, I can't remember anything much about her communication with the Conference.   As my older laptop computer crashed, I no longer have any record of that to refresh my memory.

I haven't been following things here very much lately, therefore, I missed all this interaction until today.

Even though this was started here without my permission, seeing that it was started, I am OK with it, as it really is water under the bridge, so to speak.

It's been over two years and I still haven't adjusted to not interacting with Cindi nearly every day.

GrandmaNettie,

Good to have you back.

I would suggest that it might be more appropriate to answer in a different thread than this one.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2012, 09:19:48 AM »

It's been over two years and I still haven't adjusted to not interacting with Cindi nearly every day.  Her death left such a hole in my life. 

I don't know what you've learned and I have purposely distanced myself from the entire toxic issue except to watch as Tommy Shelton is finally wrapped in the arms of the justice system as a consequence for his abominable actions. If your eyes have been opened to see what Cindi was attempting to share with you just know that she and I would be jumping for joy.

Well McFly, I think I finally get it.  Now I may need to start fixing some things...

SDAminister

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 08:02:41 PM »

Yes, Cindi has died.

Several years ago she was diagnosed with a serious illness.  It was progressive.  She had to give up her practice of law. Gradually it took its toll.  The last few weeks of her life were filled with heroic efforts to save her.  Those efforts failed.  Finally she died.  She died with her friends doing what they could to encourage her.

She was a very private person.  It is her wish that peple not spend time talking about her death, the illness that finally took her and the last days of her life.

I will simply say:  Those who once questioned the issues surrounding her giving up the practice of law simply did not know the facts.

Why are you doing the opposite of what she wished?

~ Cindy

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2012, 06:42:15 PM »

Yes, Cindi has died.

Several years ago she was diagnosed with a serious illness.  It was progressive.  She had to give up her practice of law. Gradually it took its toll.  The last few weeks of her life were filled with heroic efforts to save her.  Those efforts failed.  Finally she died.  She died with her friends doing what they could to encourage her.

She was a very private person.  It is her wish that peple not spend time talking about her death, the illness that finally took her and the last days of her life.

I will simply say:  Those who once questioned the issues surrounding her giving up the practice of law simply did not know the facts.

Why are you replying to a post that's well over 2 yrs old?

AND WHY doesn't every one just let Cindi rest for right now, and hold on to the hope of seeing her again? I don't think she would appreciate ANY of the posts here. I know I don't.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 06:49:46 PM by ~ Cindy »

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2012, 07:44:11 PM »

Cindy, funerals and memorial services are not for the deceased.  They are to faciliate healing in the lives of those left behind.  I think that some of those posting here are looking for healing.  Would Cindi want to deny them that?  I think not.

Yes, as I stated at the time of her death, she did not want people talking about her death.  She really did not want the typical funeral.  She was silent about her health issues with those who were her friends and close to her until just before the end.  But, life moves on and some people here are attempting to move on and for them this has been a long journey.

In any case, welcome here,  Cindy.  I do not expect that a lot of people here will agree with you. But,  I really do not expect them to agree with me.  Often they do not.  So far, I am allowed to post.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 07:48:33 PM by Gregory »

SDAminister

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2012, 08:32:14 PM »

Yes, Cindi has died.

Why are you replying to a post that's well over 2 yrs old?

Ask Gregory why he spent two paragraphs talking about his perspectives of her death AND THEN tells us it was her wish not to talk about it.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2012, 08:43:36 PM »

I don't think Cindi ever asked that no one speak of her life, express that they miss her, or reminisce about her. She may have been misunderstood and maligned, but she had many friends, and had an unusually powerful positive impact on a great many lives, and that will be celebrated in private and in public for many years, regardless how angry anyone might get about it. I was scrolling through the contacts on my phone the other day and found that I still have her there. I remembered some great conversations and smiled.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2012, 08:49:46 PM »

Misunderstood and maligned?

She used to follow me around on BSDA and make extremely sharp and unkind comments to me.

She was a major reason for me to quit posting on BSDA.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2012, 08:57:20 PM »

Sometimes one learns another side that explains much when they talk with someone personally. I also had many big issues with her, then I called her and we talked. We both learned a lot that cleared up many misunderstandings. We always disagreed on a number of things, but I grew to respect and appreciate her very much.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2012, 09:03:38 PM »

I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.  I know that she is not here to defend herself.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up