Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elder Nixon  (Read 6137 times)

RBF

Elder Nixon
« on: April 25, 2010, 04:03:42 PM »

Elder John Nixon is pastor of the Collegedale SDA Church on Southern's campus.  Yesterday, as he was preaching, he stepped away from the podium and collapsed.  He was taken by ambulance to the hospital.  One of the associate pastors said in the afternoon meeting that he was now home recovering. Please continue to keep him in prayer.

RBF

RBF

Re: Elder Nixon
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 10:40:05 AM »

He pastored at Oakwood prior to accepting the call to Collegedale as I recall.  I'm sure he would appreciate the prayers.

RBF

Johann

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 04:35:01 PM »

Let's keep our Brother in our prayers.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 02:23:49 PM »

Is there any update on Pastor Nixon?  He has spoken at my church a couple of times.  Lifting he and his family up in prayer.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

RBF

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 12:01:14 PM »

Is there any update on Pastor Nixon?  He has spoken at my church a couple of times.  Lifting he and his family up in prayer.

The Collegedale SDA Church is not my home church and I only happened to be visiting when I heard about Elder Nixon. Yesterday a friend informed me that dehydration and exhaustion contributed to the problem according to an e-mail that he received.  Let us continue to pray for him.

RBF
Pages: [1]   Go Up