Theology Category > Dreams & Visions

Wedding Rings

(1/11) > >>

tinka:
Di,
That is a "sorry" excuse and not valid according to scripture or SP. That is a justified law made by people and then inserted into the church manual like several other things recently spoken on some of these threads.  There is no law that states I must wear a ring to say I am married where I would want to go. The true believer knows what the story is and where to find it. Your just too lax in too many things. In your posts it shows that you do not except SP in the manner she speaks it in so many numerous things you have brought out. A lot of it is waste of time...

Johann:

--- Quote from: princessdi on April 22, 2010, 10:56:02 AM ---Actually, Tinka, abotu the wedding ring, thing......it was never a hard fast rule anywhere but here in NAD.  Where wedding rings were law, it was not enforced.....at all.  the problem came in when we sent missionaries to countries where it was law, they wore their rings there in accordance to the laws of that land, and then did not take them off when they returned.  Also the in consistency was further exposed with the migration of people from one country to another.

So even though we here in NAD were told it was something as biblical and solid at Sabbath doctrine, it was not.  it was more a corporate policy, like no jeans at the office.   Sorry.

--- Quote from: tinka on March 19, 2010, 05:10:53 AM ---- - -

Wedding rings were added by the people in church manual. Not followed by SP. and there is no excuse, no reason that fits. It's vanity. Not important and a waste of money but yet it gives the go on jewelry to public view. It gives the go on charismatic movement, in music. I did watch one though that they had to be commented on and it was beautiful, solemn, and reverent with some happy music that was properly inspired by their appearance of true worship. I had tears and so proud of them as they appeared better then Gaither in spirituality and true behavior.  Even their dress was better at that time as previous seen strapless and gaudy. What happened to woman's apparel in the "pants". Yea, just old stuff. The new age is in. I would like to see in nationally and worldwide view strict appearance of SP. Let them see the difference in the real true worship and forget the portraying of all ones self in song, dress and actions. Forget the gyrations and let the melody flow as that is what turns the heart.  SDA do have many singers that can handle this. Some I have to get away from it. Right now I am liking the Rev series that is on. and I do miss LS and her inspirational comments. That is what made 3abn. Not the "stories" as they were told over and over until it was old and began to get doubtful or was LS a better deceiver as sympathizers portray? The fruits and actions of LS just don't portray it ...but they do...hmmmm. (Just personal thoughts) until actions prove wrong. Tommy Shelton was their (first??) mistake to portray on 3abn! Pew money supported him too. Johann, God is not a respector of this and I think TS might be left to his folly but am not going to judge as God knows all cause and sickness. He had the message, he had the light and he had his protector, his brother.  It is sad as we see humans bend to outer limits and realize they are now in space but my sympathy is with the victims. Somebody had to do something and it needs to be commended they did it. TS photo looks very sick. You cannot love God and hurt his children just for your own desires. How many people has his brother hurt?

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Johann:

Di,
That is a "sorry" excuse and not valid according to scripture or SP. That is a justified law made by people and then inserted into the church manual like several other things recently spoken on some of these threads.  There is no law that states I must wear a ring to say I am married where I would want to go. The true believer knows what the story is and where to find it. Your just too lax in too many things. In your posts it shows that you do not except SP in the manner she speaks it in so many numerous things you have brought out. A lot of it is waste of time...

Johann:
I tried to make this a separate topic. An error has occurred. Sorry!

Johann:
This is one of the statements of Ellen G. White which has caused quite a bit of discussion. Perhaps some read only the first part while others read only the last part.

--- Quote ---      I feel deeply over this leavening process which seems to be
     going on among us, in the conformity to custom and fashion.
     Not one penny should be spent for a circlet of gold to testify that
     we are married. In countries where the custom is imperative, we
     have no burden to condemn those who have their marriage ring;
     let them wear it if they can do so conscientiously, but let not our
     missionaries feel that the wearing of the ring will increase their
     influence one jot or tittle.--Special Testimonies to Ministers
     and Workers, No. 3, p. 6 (TM, pp. 180, 181). {4BIO 196.2}

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version