Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: ATMOSPHERE OF PRAISE  (Read 12332 times)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
ATMOSPHERE OF PRAISE
« on: May 17, 2010, 01:42:21 PM »

MEMORY TEXT: God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul.[/i]

Because it takes no longer than five minutes to convince even the healthiest athlete that there is no life without air, one might question the necessity of studying this subject for a week.  It would be wonderful if it took only five minutes to convince others about its spiritual counterpart!  Not only should our sutdy lead us to assess carefully our duty to breathe the best air physically and spiritually, it also should lead us to a deeper appreciation for the God who made life possible in the first place.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

mrst53

Re: ATMOSPHERE OF PRAISE
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 06:28:21 PM »

When people look upon a newborn baby, or any of God's creations, I don't know how they can continue to deny the existence of God. It truly amazes me. He is truly a GREAT GOD!

Emma

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 09:43:51 PM »

We are told to give thanks "in everything".

This ties in with the atmosphere of praise....is it really possible?

Johann

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 11:58:59 PM »

When people look upon a newborn baby, or any of God's creations, I don't know how they can continue to deny the existence of God. It truly amazes me. He is truly a GREAT GOD!

So true!

mrst53

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 09:14:10 AM »

I used to tutor a quadriplegic, who was the sunshine of my life. He was almost always up. Very few days was he down. He had been a quad since he was 9 months hold. If anyone had a reason to be down, he did.But this kid was something else. I began working with him when he was in 4Th grade and he was making C's, D's and F's. In 2 weeks, he will graduate with straight A's! I was also able to lead him to Jesus Christ. That was the best part.  He always reminded me, that I had a reason to Praise God.

Johann

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 09:22:13 AM »

A wonderful story. I may want to tell it when I go through this lesson with a class this weekend. Thank you!

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 01:51:30 PM »

Now, mrst53 THAT was an atmosphere of praise!!!  Amen!!  What a testimony!!!

I used to tutor a quadriplegic, who was the sunshine of my life. He was almost always up. Very few days was he down. He had been a quad since he was 9 months hold. If anyone had a reason to be down, he did.But this kid was something else. I began working with him when he was in 4Th grade and he was making C's, D's and F's. In 2 weeks, he will graduate with straight A's! I was also able to lead him to Jesus Christ. That was the best part.  He always reminded me, that I had a reason to Praise God.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 03:30:39 PM »

ATMOSPHERE - what is it really? A mood or the fresh air you breathe? Is it knowing that you are alive and that you are created in the image of God?

Is life primarily an organization of matter, just what God created before h created living beings - according to the Genesis account?

Johann

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 03:32:00 PM »

Does breathing make us grateful?

Acts 17:25 (New International Version)

25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 03:35:03 PM by Johann »

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 09:56:59 PM »

This weeks lesson is on Hope TV's Bible Study.  I was glued to the lesson.  Derick Morris (sp) is the leader.  I was truly blessed.  I can't tell you the high points because it was all high points.  Sometimes things happen and I struggle to praise God.  But after that lesson, I will praise him in all things.

After this class, Hope had a documentary/Biography of John Hess and his eventual death by burning at the stake.  He sang while he was burning to death.

I just need to set my heart on my Father and stop asking Him so many questions!  :praying:

mrst53;

What a testimony!  Evidence that God sends just the right person to the one in need.  I praise and thank God for you and the graduate!

mrst53

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 08:07:36 AM »

I had a really hard time leaving WV to move to VA, but I prayed that God would place me somewhere I would be used for His good. I am taking care of my Mom, who is in the 1st stages of Alzheimers(she lives with me). I don't know if this all He wants me to do or not, but I pray that God will make use of me.

Johann

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 08:24:24 AM »

I had a really hard time leaving WV to move to VA, but I prayed that God would place me somewhere I would be used for His good. I am taking care of my Mom, who is in the 1st stages of Alzheimers(she lives with me). I don't know if this all He wants me to do or not, but I pray that God will make use of me.

Psalm 90:17
And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 08:53:12 AM »

What would matter of breath be if we did not have the mind that knows "love", feeling, emotion and no connection of God?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 01:58:09 PM »

Tinka, that is a great question.  The Bible says, "Let everything that has breath, praise the Lord".  I talso says that if we dont' praise Him, the rocks will cry out.  Now, we know that rocks don't have a mind, but this text seems to say that just because He is their Creator, inanimate things can praise God. 

I have to believe that just because one's life or mind seems incapable, that God can still reach that person in some way.  That is a beautiful thought!

Johann

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 02:09:08 PM »

What would matter of breath be if we did not have the mind that knows "love", feeling, emotion and no connection of God?

So we have reason to be grateful for that too?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up