Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Why did Dan Shelton & 3ABN's lawyers offer to buy the Save3ABN website?  (Read 36601 times)

Johann

Re: Why did Dan Shelton & 3ABN's lawyers offer to buy the Save3ABN website?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 01:34:38 PM »

Here is Observer's post on BSDA:

An objective review of the past few months will reveal that changes ae taking place at 3-ABN. A new President has been selected. There are changes that have taken place with the Executive Board. Policies are being put into place.

Some may wish to debate whether or not these changes are what is needed and whether or not they are enough. I am not going to comment on that pont. My central point is that changes are taking place. As we view these events it places responsibility on all parties to these issues to maximize this context to resolve the issues, settle the disputes and build positively for the future.

This is a time for men and women who are in positions of leadership to exercise boldness in seeking to resolve the conflicts that exist.

As things currently stand, 3-ABN, GAJ, and Bob Pickle are locked into litigation that is scheduled to continue into 2009 and/or beyond. This does not have to be. I have stated in the past that there are some issues that can only be resolved by the civil authorities. I continue to believe that is true. But, I believe that there are other issues that can be resolved by the three parties listed above. I believe that the issues included in the current litigation can be resolved outside of a legal process that takes us into 2009 and possibly beyond. If this can be accomplished, this would be in the interests of all.

To accomplish this will take bold leadership on the part of people who are willing to work to reach an agreement that both sides believe to be fair under the circumstances. It will not be an agreement in which either side will get everything that they want. Each side will have to give up some of what they want. Each side will have to be willing to give on some issues that are important to the other side.

In any case, I believe that the potential is here for resolution to be rached on issues relatiing to the current lawsuit, if we have leaders who are willing to exercise bold leadership.

NOTE: I have had comments made to me, which I am not going to discuss further due to confidentiality reasons, that came from people on both sides of this issue that indicate to me that there are people on both sides who wish to reach an appropriate settlement with the other side and resolve the issues without continuing through 2009.

Folks, it is a time for bold leadership. Feel free to quote me on this and to copy this post to any and all that you wish to read it.

I do not believe this will be an easy task. Some of the issues are emotionally loaded. There are some issues that will have to be faced which one side may not want to face. But, resolution will require that they be faced and dwelt with in a manner that both sides consider to be fair. The issue is: Are there men and women of boldness who will be willing to work to accomplish this task?

This post has been edited by Observer: Today, 05:52 PM

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 01:44:12 PM »

Here is Observer's post on BSDA:

An objective review of the past few months will reveal that changes ae taking place at 3-ABN. A new President has been selected. There are changes that have taken place with the Executive Board. Policies are being put into place.

Some may wish to debate whether or not these changes are what is needed and whether or not they are enough. I am not going to comment on that pont. My central point is that changes are taking place. As we view these events it places responsibility on all parties to these issues to maximize this context to resolve the issues, settle the disputes and build positively for the future.

This is a time for men and women who are in positions of leadership to exercise boldness in seeking to resolve the conflicts that exist.

As things currently stand, 3-ABN, GAJ, and Bob Pickle are locked into litigation that is scheduled to continue into 2009 and/or beyond. This does not have to be. I have stated in the past that there are some issues that can only be resolved by the civil authorities. I continue to believe that is true. But, I believe that there are other issues that can be resolved by the three parties listed above. I believe that the issues included in the current litigation can be resolved outside of a legal process that takes us into 2009 and possibly beyond. If this can be accomplished, this would be in the interests of all.

To accomplish this will take bold leadership on the part of people who are willing to work to reach an agreement that both sides believe to be fair under the circumstances. It will not be an agreement in which either side will get everything that they want. Each side will have to give up some of what they want. Each side will have to be willing to give on some issues that are important to the other side.

In any case, I believe that the potential is here for resolution to be rached on issues relatiing to the current lawsuit, if we have leaders who are willing to exercise bold leadership.

NOTE: I have had comments made to me, which I am not going to discuss further due to confidentiality reasons, that came from people on both sides of this issue that indicate to me that there are people on both sides who wish to reach an appropriate settlement with the other side and resolve the issues without continuing through 2009.

Folks, it is a time for bold leadership. Feel free to quote me on this and to copy this post to any and all that you wish to read it.

I do not believe this will be an easy task. Some of the issues are emotionally loaded. There are some issues that will have to be faced which one side may not want to face. But, resolution will require that they be faced and dwelt with in a manner that both sides consider to be fair. The issue is: Are there men and women of boldness who will be willing to work to accomplish this task?

This post has been edited by Observer: Today, 05:52 PM

Thank you Johann, for bringing that over from BSDA.

There are plenty of reasons to get the litigation ended before 2009!

Gailon, what about the points you made as to why the lawsuit would have to continue?

"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

ImaAnt

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2008, 03:42:07 PM »

Yes, thank you Johann for bringing this from BSDA. 

Rather than asking Gailon reasons to continue the lawsuit, lets ask who should be stepping up from both sides and what compromises would be acceptable for resolution.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2008, 03:47:55 PM »

Yes, thank you Johann for bringing this from BSDA. 

Rather than asking Gailon reasons to continue the lawsuit, lets ask who should be stepping up from both sides and what compromises would be acceptable for resolution.

I wonder what compromises would need to be made by the side who wants to see reform accomplished at 3ABN?

ImaAnt

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2008, 04:20:04 PM »

Would you agree that there has already been changes for the better since the fall of 2006?

Johann

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008, 04:35:00 PM »

Would you agree that there has already been changes for the better since the fall of 2006?
Would you like to give us a list of the improvements made? Sometimes easier to deal with specific areas than just general statements.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 04:43:11 PM by Johann »

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2008, 04:38:26 PM »

I don't know about changes since 2006, however, I would say that there have been changes for the better, but with still more changes that need to be done.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2008, 04:39:22 PM »

Would you like to give us a list of the improvements made? Sometimes easier to deal with specific areas than just general statements.

Good point Johann...I was just going to say, No!, no improvements that I can see.

But what you said make much more sense...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 04:43:34 PM by Johann »

ImaAnt

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 08:57:45 PM »

Interesting.  Thus far we have the following responses as to whether there has been any changes at 3abn since the fall of  2006.

1.  One vote yes; (Daryl)
2.  One vote no; (Artiste)
3.  One person apparently unwilling or unable to answer the question.  (Johann)

I look forward to more responses as well as discussion responsive to Gregory's post which concludes as follows:

"Are there men and women of boldness who will be willing to work to accomplish this task?"

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2008, 09:05:47 PM »

Interesting.  Thus far we have the following responses as to whether there has been any changes at 3abn since the fall of  2006.

I look forward to more responses as well as discussion responsive to Gregory's post which concludes as follows:

"Are there men and women of boldness who will be willing to work to accomplish this task?"

ImaAnt:

I don't believe there have been any votes at all.

Opinions don't count as votes.

Johann

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 09:12:09 PM »

If you are willing to a accomplish the task you will also be willing to point out what should be done, and not spin the question I asked.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 09:14:17 PM by Johann »

ImaAnt

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2008, 09:18:15 PM »

But did you answer mine?

inga

• The Sabbath School Network
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2008, 09:28:09 PM »

Sorry, ImaAnt, but you seem to be spinning things. Nobody "voted." (It would be ridiculous to "vote" on such a vague statement. Something changes every day wherever we are!)

Since you brought up the topic, Johann asked you to list some of the changes you see, so we could discuss something concrete, rather than vague statements.

A helpful response would have been to come up with a list of positive changes you see.

So, again, since you brought up the topic, what positive changes do you see at 3ABN?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 09:47:19 PM by inga »
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

Johann

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2008, 09:49:50 PM »

But did you answer mine?

I haven't seen the question you asked me yet. When will you let me know?

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2008, 12:15:01 AM »

I haven't seen any votes here ImaAnt. How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up