Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Excerpts from an unpublished manuscript  (Read 137124 times)

Sister

• Veteran Member
Re: Excerpts from an unpublished manuscript
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 04:48:16 PM »

Chapter 2
An Inconvenient Truth
Continued...

During the time Linda and Brenda were in Norway, they sang one evening at an evangelistic meeting at the church Dr. Abrahamsen attended. During the program the local church pastor translated for both Linda and Brenda and because of this he remained at Linda’s side all evening. Dr. Abrahamsen was also in attendance at that same meeting accompanied by a lady companion. During the break Brenda approached the Doctor, “Oh No...”, she said with a flirtatious smile, “You have a girlfriend, now I won’t have any chance with you!” As an uncomfortable silence hung in the air, the Doctor felt pity for a married woman who chose to flaunt herself toward other men in this manner. Unfortunately, this would not be the only time Brenda would turn her attentions upon him during this trip. In contrast to Brenda’s brazen attitude, Linda’s behavior was reported to be above reproach. When a friend asked him if he found Linda attractive Dr. Abrahamsen answered, “I find Linda’s devotion to her son and her desire for ministry attractive, but she is a happily married woman and additionally not my type. But there was a singer I have seen on 3ABN that I found very appealing, I asked Linda if she could get me her email address.”

Although rumors about an inappropriate relationship was already beginning, only one month later, the facts remain that, “Linda came for a 3-½ day visit to support her son, the first week of February together with Brenda Walsh. This was the last time I saw Linda until the weekend she was fired. After Nathan returned home, I [Arild Abrahamsen] asked Linda to keep me updated on Nathan's progress... ”

Obviously no foundation for a romantic relationship between Arild Abrahamsen and Linda Shelton was produced during Linda’s trip to his Norwegian clinic in support of her son’s treatment. But another building block in Danny’s house of lies would emerge from this trip. Although this particular story was not intended for the general public and was fabricated for another audience, the bearer of the tale would not be suspect to those unaware of her intimate relationship with Danny: Brenda Walsh. It is becoming apparent that a pattern is beginning to develop in Danny’s scheme. Although it was Brenda who was flirting with the Doctor, she claimed it was Linda. The account that she would later give of Linda and the Doctor would appear to have better described her relationship with Danny. Ascribing his own behavior to others was a tactic that Danny Shelton was well known for employing. It appears that Brenda was learning her craft at the feet of the master schemer.

mrst53

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 05:01:20 PM »

Sister,
Is this your own "unpublished Manuscript" or are you writing it for someone else? It really doesn't matter to me. Just asking. I may have missed it somewhere, when you mentioned it.

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 05:05:41 PM »

Well, it's quite obvious your source for your "stories" is Linda -under a gag order and not talking nor involved in any accusations against DS or 3abn,  but just trying to move on--Shelton. (It should go without saying that I disagree with you and again think you are repeating lies, and acting maliciously as you have that axe to grind due to your husband being fired from 3abn... but for the record I am letting that be known again, and will post it on the other forum too.)

I can't help it, every time I read your spins and tales I am reminded of the same E.G. White quote. I remember the first time I quoted it back on BlackSDA , and was attacked for trying to out you, and accused of editing the quote to do so, and I hadn't done either, so was like "What?!?" and then "Ok, clue one as to who she is." ;)

Here that is again for those who haven't read it. You, yourself would probably agree that Sister White was correct in speaking to Sister F, a Pastor's wife, about this problem of hers. I doubt you will agree with it applying to you, or take it to heart as you didn't before,  but others can form their own opinions and judgments here. So for what it's worth.

Testimonies Vol 2 Chap. 4 - Evilspeaking

Brother F has had the cause of God at heart, but he has felt too deeply, and has taken on many burdens which he should not have borne. He has suffered in health in this way. He has sometimes viewed matters in a strong light, and has been too earnest and anxious to have all see them just as he did; and because they were backward in doing so, he has felt nearly crushed. He feels to the depths, and is in danger of urging his views of things too strongly. {2T 50.1}

Sister F wants to be a Christian, but she has not cultivated discretion and true courtesy. She is of a very sanguine turn of mind, ardent and self-confident. She shows the rough part of her character, and has not appeared to advantage. She has moved from impulse, acting just as she felt, and sometimes her feelings have been much excited and strong. She has strong likes and dislikes, and has permitted this unfortunate trait in her character to develop itself, greatly to the detriment of her own spiritual advancement and to the injury of the church. She has talked too much and unwisely, just as she felt. This has had a strong influence upon her husband, and has at times led him to move from excitement of feeling, when if he had waited and looked at matters calmly and weighed them properly, it would have been better for himself and for the church. Nothing is gained by moving hurriedly, moving from impulse, or from strong feeling. {2T 50.2}

Sister F moves from impulse, and finds fault, and has had too much to say against her brethren and sisters. This will cause confusion in any church. If she could control her own spirit, a great victory would be gained. If she would seek the heavenly adorning, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which God, the Creator of the heavens and the earth, calls of great price, she would then be a real help to the church. If she would cherish the spirit of Christ, and become a peacemaker, her own soul would flourish, and she would be a blessing to the church wherever she might be located. Unless she is converted and an entire change is wrought in her, unless she educates herself to be slow to speak and slow to wrath, and cultivates true Christian courtesy, her influence will prove injurious, and the happiness of others connected with her will suffer. She manifests an independence which is a damage to her and alienates her friends. This independence has caused her much trouble and has wounded her best friends. {2T 51.1}

If those who had means were close in their deal with her husband, and did not favor him more than worldlings in business transactions, she has felt and talked, and aroused feelings of dissatisfaction where none previously existed. This is a selfish world at best. Many of those who profess the truth are not sanctified by it, and may not have a heart to make even a trifling variation in the prices of produce when dealing with a poor brother, sooner than they would with an able worldling. They do not love their neighbors as themselves. It would be more pleasing to God were there less selfishness and more disinterested benevolence. {2T 51.2}

As Sister F has seen a selfish spirit manifest in deal, she has committed a greater sin by feeling and talking in regard to the matter as she has. She has erred in expecting too much. The tongue has been truly an unruly member, a world of iniquity, set on fire of hell, untamed and untamable. Sister F has had a spirit of retaliation, manifesting by her deportment that she was offended. This was all wrong. She has cherished bitter feelings, which are foreign to the spirit of Christ. Anger, resentment, and all kinds of unkind tempers are indulged by speaking against those with whom we are displeased, and by reciting the errors and failings and sins of neighbors. The lustful desires are gratified. {2T 51.3}

Sister F, if you are grieved because your neighbors or friends are doing wrong to their own hurt, if they are overtaken in fault, follow the Bible rule. "Tell him his fault between thee and him alone." As you go to the one you suppose to be in error, see that you speak in a meek and lowly spirit; for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. The erring can be restored in no other way than in the spirit of meekness, gentleness, and tender love. Be careful in your manner. Avoid anything in look or gesture, word or tone, that savors of pride or self-sufficiency. Guard yourself against a word or look that would exalt yourself, or place your goodness and righteousness in contrast with their failings. Beware of the most distant approach to disdain, overbearing, or contempt. With care avoid every appearance of anger; and though you use plainness of speech, let there be no reproach, no railing accusation, no token of warmth but that of earnest love. Above all, let there be no shadow of hate or ill will, no bitterness or sourness of expression. Nothing but kindness and gentleness can flow from a heart of love. Yet all these precious fruits need not hinder you from speaking in the most serious, solemn manner, as though angels were directing their eyes upon you, and you were acting in reference to the coming judgment. Bear in mind that the success of reproof depends greatly upon the spirit in which it is given. Do not neglect earnest prayer that you may possess a lowly mind, and that angels of God may go before you to work upon the hearts you are trying to reach, and so soften them by heavenly impressions that your efforts may avail. If any good is accomplished, take no credit to yourself. God alone should be exalted. God alone has done it all. {2T 52.1}

You have excused yourself for speaking evil of your brother or sister or neighbor to others before going to him and taking the steps which God has absolutely commanded. You say: "Why, I did not speak to anyone until I was so burdened that I could not refrain." What burdened you? Was it not a plain neglect of your own duty, of a thus saith the Lord? You were under the guilt of sin because you did not go and tell the offender his fault between you and him alone. If you did not do this, if you disobeyed God, how could you be otherwise than burdened unless your heart was hardened while you were trampling the command of God underfoot, and in your heart hating your brother or neighbor? And what way have you found to unburden yourself? God reproves you for a sin of omission in not telling your brother his fault, and you excuse and comfort yourself by a sin of commission by telling your brother's faults to another person! Is this the right way to purchase ease--by committing sin? {2T 53.1}

All your efforts to save the erring may be unavailing. They may repay you evil for good. They may be enraged rather than convinced. What if they hear to no good purpose, and pursue the evil course they have begun? This will frequently occur. Sometimes the mildest and tenderest reproof will have no good effect. In that case the blessing you wanted another to receive by pursuing a course of righteousness, ceasing to do evil and learning to do well, will return into your own bosom.
If the erring persist in sin, treat them kindly, and leave them with your heavenly Father. You have delivered your soul; their sin no longer rests upon you; you are not now partaker of their sin. But if they perish, their blood is upon their own head. {2T 53.2}

Dear friend, an entire transformation must take place in you, or you will be weighed in the balance and found wanting. The church at -----, especially talking women, have a lesson to learn. "If any man [or woman] among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain." Many will be weighed in the balance and found wanting in this matter of so great importance. Where are the Christians who walk by this rule? who will take God's part against the evilspeaker? who will please God, and set a watch, a continual watch, before the mouth, and keep the door of the lips? Speak evil of no man. Hear evil of no man. If there be no hearers, there will be no speakers of evil. If anyone speaks evil in your presence, check him. Refuse to hear him, though his manner be ever so soft and his accents mild. He may profess attachment, and yet throw out covert hints and stab the character in the dark. {2T 54.1}

Resolutely refuse to hear, though the whisperer complains of being burdened till he speak. Burdened indeed! with a cursed secret which separateth very friends. Go, burdened ones, and free yourselves from your burden in God's appointed way. First go tell your brother his fault between you and him alone. If this fail, next take with you one or two friends, and tell him in their presence. If these steps fail, then tell it to the church. Not an unbeliever is to be made acquainted with the slightest particular of the matter. Telling it to the church is the last step to be taken. Publish it not to the enemies of our faith. They have no right to the knowledge of church matters, lest the weakness and errors of Christ's followers be exposed. {2T 54.2}

Those who are preparing for the coming of Christ should  be sober and watch unto prayer, for our adversary, the devil, goeth about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour; whom we are to resist steadfast in the faith. "He that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it. For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers."                                               -
{2T 54.3}

Chap. 214 - The Substance of Moral Character

Not boasting of things without our measure, that is, of other men's labours; but having hope, when your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you. 2 Cor. 10:15.

You should keep off from Satan's enchanted ground and not allow your minds to be swayed from allegiance to God. Through Christ you may and should be happy and should acquire habits of self-control. Even your thoughts must be brought into subjection to the will of God and your feelings under the control of reason and religion. Your imagination was not given you to be allowed to run riot and have its own way without any effort at restraint or discipline. If the thoughts are wrong the feelings will be wrong, and the thoughts and feelings combined make up the moral character. . . . If you yield to your impressions and allow your thoughts to run in a channel of suspicion, doubt, and repining you will be among the most unhappy of mortals. . . . {Mar 222.1}

Dear Sister F, you have a diseased imagination; and you dishonor God by allowing your feelings to have complete control of your reason and judgment. You have a determined will, which causes the mind to react upon the body, unbalancing the circulation and producing congestion in certain organs; and you are sacrificing health to your feelings. {Mar 222.2}

You are making a mistake, which, if not corrected, will not end with wrecking your own happiness merely. You are doing positive injury, not only to yourself, but to the other members of your family. . . . You have . . . let your highly wrought imagination control reason. . . . Had you no power over your feelings, this would not be sin; but it will not answer thus to yield to the enemy. Your will needs to be sanctified and subdued instead of being arrayed in opposition to that of God. . . . {Mar 222.3}

Man has been placed in a world of sorrow, care, and perplexity. He is placed here to be tested and proved, as were Adam and Eve, that he may develop a right character and bring harmony out of discord and confusion. There is much for us to do that is essential. . . . And there is much for us to enjoy. Through Christ we are brought into connection with God. His mercies place us under continual obligation; feeling unworthy of His favors, we are to appreciate even the least of them. {Mar 222.4}
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 05:20:49 PM by Ian »

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 05:30:45 PM »

Ian, the fevered imaginations were hard at work on this story long before Sister joined the fray. They were busy concocting stories about Linda and others, and their lives have become misreable as a result. It appears as Mrs. White was correct.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 05:44:56 PM »

Ian,

I knew it was a matter of quick time here till this drew some of the "clan" out. I intend to read these documents and they very well fit in to the documents between.
first of all I was waiting to see who it would draw out first. Now if you have a documentary that you would like to set in here I suppose you can but you see truth has it's sequence and details that just aren't pulled out of the blue.  

Now you probably have the same privilege. So lets hear it without all the Satanic display that Satan used against Jesus high on the penicle.  You have nothing to say unless you can prove a document that witnesses did not see any of this.

People in their right mind do not make up stories that the ones involved can come back and say hey, that never happened. So you see Sister is not that stupid to say someone saw DS at Brenda's without knowing who saw it in case it came to a court of law. Or the Dr. saying what he has and jepordizeing his career. Then their are oaths where they would know better then to put it on paper knowing it could end up in court.

Right now you are playing the devils folly unless you can better tell the story incident by incident without the heresay from DS. I think you must be on that horrible site of Leon or who ever that idiot is. Nothing was more appalling when I ventured there. Let alone trying to understand any of what was said.

Nobody would get on here and say that Brenda did a b job either if she didn't. Goodness knows why she would do a thing like that before she took care of her mouth first.

Sister has every right to give what she knows even if she is getting info from LS, Dr. Johann, or what friends that did know the truth. You really have no right to do this as Sister has freedom of speech to give the account. You do not have an account of details or you would be on the other side of the fence. Maybe you and crazt Leon (?) on the other web can put and english speaking documentary together. Now that web site really has me angry. First of all it is not even Christian in anyway shape or form. So just direct yourself to another thread because we heard enough of your say.

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 05:58:32 PM »

Tinka, I have no intention of attempting to prove one thing to you, now or ever, or even ever replying to you again. Sorry. You have already accepted what Sister wrote without asking for any proof, and obviously consider you need none to believe evil of DS and 3abn, no matter who says it,  and are attacking me for daring to say it's not true, as is your habit with anyone who does so, so ... That's who you are and who you choose to be.

That's your choice... and it would be a waste of my  time to even try to change an adamant mind. Especially as Brenda Walsh wrote a affidavit/letter about  part of this already and you claim to have read all so have no excuse not to know that, or to have read it.

Some make lies and others love them, and , hello, wake up! liars do make up stories, Tinka! As far as I am concerned you love those made up stories, but refuse to consider that, regardless, all who make and love lies will be outside the city, and you alone are responsible for what you do, say and believe.

And you spilled the spite, trash and lies you love right out of your mouth:
" Nobody would get on here and say that Brenda did a b job either if she didn't. Goodness knows why she would do a thing like that before she took care of her mouth first."

Good bye!

Ian,

I knew it was a matter of quick time here till this drew some of the "clan" out. I intend to read these documents and they very well fit in to the documents between.
first of all I was waiting to see who it would draw out first. Now if you have a documentary that you would like to set in here I suppose you can but you see truth has it's sequence and details that just aren't pulled out of the blue.  

Now you probably have the same privilege. So lets hear it without all the Satanic display that Satan used against Jesus high on the penicle.  You have nothing to say unless you can prove a document that witnesses did not see any of this.

People in their right mind do not make up stories that the ones involved can come back and say hey, that never happened. So you see Sister is not that stupid to say someone saw DS at Brenda's without knowing who saw it in case it came to a court of law. Or the Dr. saying what he has and jepordizeing his career. Then their are oaths where they would know better then to put it on paper knowing it could end up in court.

Right now you are playing the devils folly unless you can better tell the story incident by incident without the heresay from DS. I think you must be on that horrible site of Leon or who ever that idiot is. Nothing was more appalling when I ventured there. Let alone trying to understand any of what was said.

Nobody would get on here and say that Brenda did a b job either if she didn't. Goodness knows why she would do a thing like that before she took care of her mouth first.

Sister has every right to give what she knows even if she is getting info from LS, Dr. Johann, or what friends that did know the truth. You really have no right to do this as Sister has freedom of speech to give the account. You do not have an account of details or you would be on the other side of the fence. Maybe you and crazt Leon (?) on the other web can put and english speaking documentary together. Now that web site really has me angry. First of all it is not even Christian in anyway shape or form. So just direct yourself to another thread because we heard enough of your say.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 06:07:25 PM by Ian »

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 06:01:18 PM »

Well, it's quite obvious your source for your "stories" is Linda -under a gag order and not talking nor involved in any accusations against DS or 3abn,  but just trying to move on--Shelton. (It should go without saying that I disagree with you and again think you are repeating lies, and acting maliciously as you have that axe to grind due to your husband being fired from 3abn... but for the record I am letting that be known again, and will post it on the other forum too.)

I can't help it, every time I read your spins and tales I am reminded of the same E.G. White quote. I remember the first time I quoted it back on BlackSDA , and was attacked for trying to out you, and accused of editing the quote to do so, and I hadn't done either, so was like "What?!?" and then "Ok, clue one as to who she is." ;)

Here that is again for those who haven't read it. You, yourself would probably agree that Sister White was correct in speaking to Sister F, a Pastor's wife, about this problem of hers. I doubt you will agree with it applying to you, or take it to heart as you didn't before,  but others can form their own opinions and judgments here. So for what it's worth.

Testimonies Vol 2 Chap. 4 - Evilspeaking

Brother F has had the cause of God at heart, but he has felt too deeply, and has taken on many burdens which he should not have borne. He has suffered in health in this way. He has sometimes viewed matters in a strong light, and has been too earnest and anxious to have all see them just as he did; and because they were backward in doing so, he has felt nearly crushed. He feels to the depths, and is in danger of urging his views of things too strongly. {2T 50.1}

Sister F wants to be a Christian, but she has not cultivated discretion and true courtesy. She is of a very sanguine turn of mind, ardent and self-confident. She shows the rough part of her character, and has not appeared to advantage. She has moved from impulse, acting just as she felt, and sometimes her feelings have been much excited and strong. She has strong likes and dislikes, and has permitted this unfortunate trait in her character to develop itself, greatly to the detriment of her own spiritual advancement and to the injury of the church. She has talked too much and unwisely, just as she felt. This has had a strong influence upon her husband, and has at times led him to move from excitement of feeling, when if he had waited and looked at matters calmly and weighed them properly, it would have been better for himself and for the church. Nothing is gained by moving hurriedly, moving from impulse, or from strong feeling. {2T 50.2}

Sister F moves from impulse, and finds fault, and has had too much to say against her brethren and sisters. This will cause confusion in any church. If she could control her own spirit, a great victory would be gained. If she would seek the heavenly adorning, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which God, the Creator of the heavens and the earth, calls of great price, she would then be a real help to the church. If she would cherish the spirit of Christ, and become a peacemaker, her own soul would flourish, and she would be a blessing to the church wherever she might be located. Unless she is converted and an entire change is wrought in her, unless she educates herself to be slow to speak and slow to wrath, and cultivates true Christian courtesy, her influence will prove injurious, and the happiness of others connected with her will suffer. She manifests an independence which is a damage to her and alienates her friends. This independence has caused her much trouble and has wounded her best friends. {2T 51.1}

If those who had means were close in their deal with her husband, and did not favor him more than worldlings in business transactions, she has felt and talked, and aroused feelings of dissatisfaction where none previously existed. This is a selfish world at best. Many of those who profess the truth are not sanctified by it, and may not have a heart to make even a trifling variation in the prices of produce when dealing with a poor brother, sooner than they would with an able worldling. They do not love their neighbors as themselves. It would be more pleasing to God were there less selfishness and more disinterested benevolence. {2T 51.2}

As Sister F has seen a selfish spirit manifest in deal, she has committed a greater sin by feeling and talking in regard to the matter as she has. She has erred in expecting too much. The tongue has been truly an unruly member, a world of iniquity, set on fire of hell, untamed and untamable. Sister F has had a spirit of retaliation, manifesting by her deportment that she was offended. This was all wrong. She has cherished bitter feelings, which are foreign to the spirit of Christ. Anger, resentment, and all kinds of unkind tempers are indulged by speaking against those with whom we are displeased, and by reciting the errors and failings and sins of neighbors. The lustful desires are gratified. {2T 51.3}

Sister F, if you are grieved because your neighbors or friends are doing wrong to their own hurt, if they are overtaken in fault, follow the Bible rule. "Tell him his fault between thee and him alone." As you go to the one you suppose to be in error, see that you speak in a meek and lowly spirit; for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. The erring can be restored in no other way than in the spirit of meekness, gentleness, and tender love. Be careful in your manner. Avoid anything in look or gesture, word or tone, that savors of pride or self-sufficiency. Guard yourself against a word or look that would exalt yourself, or place your goodness and righteousness in contrast with their failings. Beware of the most distant approach to disdain, overbearing, or contempt. With care avoid every appearance of anger; and though you use plainness of speech, let there be no reproach, no railing accusation, no token of warmth but that of earnest love. Above all, let there be no shadow of hate or ill will, no bitterness or sourness of expression. Nothing but kindness and gentleness can flow from a heart of love. Yet all these precious fruits need not hinder you from speaking in the most serious, solemn manner, as though angels were directing their eyes upon you, and you were acting in reference to the coming judgment. Bear in mind that the success of reproof depends greatly upon the spirit in which it is given. Do not neglect earnest prayer that you may possess a lowly mind, and that angels of God may go before you to work upon the hearts you are trying to reach, and so soften them by heavenly impressions that your efforts may avail. If any good is accomplished, take no credit to yourself. God alone should be exalted. God alone has done it all. {2T 52.1}

You have excused yourself for speaking evil of your brother or sister or neighbor to others before going to him and taking the steps which God has absolutely commanded. You say: "Why, I did not speak to anyone until I was so burdened that I could not refrain." What burdened you? Was it not a plain neglect of your own duty, of a thus saith the Lord? You were under the guilt of sin because you did not go and tell the offender his fault between you and him alone. If you did not do this, if you disobeyed God, how could you be otherwise than burdened unless your heart was hardened while you were trampling the command of God underfoot, and in your heart hating your brother or neighbor? And what way have you found to unburden yourself? God reproves you for a sin of omission in not telling your brother his fault, and you excuse and comfort yourself by a sin of commission by telling your brother's faults to another person! Is this the right way to purchase ease--by committing sin? {2T 53.1}

All your efforts to save the erring may be unavailing. They may repay you evil for good. They may be enraged rather than convinced. What if they hear to no good purpose, and pursue the evil course they have begun? This will frequently occur. Sometimes the mildest and tenderest reproof will have no good effect. In that case the blessing you wanted another to receive by pursuing a course of righteousness, ceasing to do evil and learning to do well, will return into your own bosom.
If the erring persist in sin, treat them kindly, and leave them with your heavenly Father. You have delivered your soul; their sin no longer rests upon you; you are not now partaker of their sin. But if they perish, their blood is upon their own head. {2T 53.2}

Dear friend, an entire transformation must take place in you, or you will be weighed in the balance and found wanting. The church at -----, especially talking women, have a lesson to learn. "If any man [or woman] among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain." Many will be weighed in the balance and found wanting in this matter of so great importance. Where are the Christians who walk by this rule? who will take God's part against the evilspeaker? who will please God, and set a watch, a continual watch, before the mouth, and keep the door of the lips? Speak evil of no man. Hear evil of no man. If there be no hearers, there will be no speakers of evil. If anyone speaks evil in your presence, check him. Refuse to hear him, though his manner be ever so soft and his accents mild. He may profess attachment, and yet throw out covert hints and stab the character in the dark. {2T 54.1}

Resolutely refuse to hear, though the whisperer complains of being burdened till he speak. Burdened indeed! with a cursed secret which separateth very friends. Go, burdened ones, and free yourselves from your burden in God's appointed way. First go tell your brother his fault between you and him alone. If this fail, next take with you one or two friends, and tell him in their presence. If these steps fail, then tell it to the church. Not an unbeliever is to be made acquainted with the slightest particular of the matter. Telling it to the church is the last step to be taken. Publish it not to the enemies of our faith. They have no right to the knowledge of church matters, lest the weakness and errors of Christ's followers be exposed. {2T 54.2}

Those who are preparing for the coming of Christ should  be sober and watch unto prayer, for our adversary, the devil, goeth about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour; whom we are to resist steadfast in the faith. "He that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it. For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers."                                               -
{2T 54.3}

Chap. 214 - The Substance of Moral Character

Not boasting of things without our measure, that is, of other men's labours; but having hope, when your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you. 2 Cor. 10:15.

You should keep off from Satan's enchanted ground and not allow your minds to be swayed from allegiance to God. Through Christ you may and should be happy and should acquire habits of self-control. Even your thoughts must be brought into subjection to the will of God and your feelings under the control of reason and religion. Your imagination was not given you to be allowed to run riot and have its own way without any effort at restraint or discipline. If the thoughts are wrong the feelings will be wrong, and the thoughts and feelings combined make up the moral character. . . . If you yield to your impressions and allow your thoughts to run in a channel of suspicion, doubt, and repining you will be among the most unhappy of mortals. . . . {Mar 222.1}

Dear Sister F, you have a diseased imagination; and you dishonor God by allowing your feelings to have complete control of your reason and judgment. You have a determined will, which causes the mind to react upon the body, unbalancing the circulation and producing congestion in certain organs; and you are sacrificing health to your feelings. {Mar 222.2}

You are making a mistake, which, if not corrected, will not end with wrecking your own happiness merely. You are doing positive injury, not only to yourself, but to the other members of your family. . . . You have . . . let your highly wrought imagination control reason. . . . Had you no power over your feelings, this would not be sin; but it will not answer thus to yield to the enemy. Your will needs to be sanctified and subdued instead of being arrayed in opposition to that of God. . . . {Mar 222.3}

Man has been placed in a world of sorrow, care, and perplexity. He is placed here to be tested and proved, as were Adam and Eve, that he may develop a right character and bring harmony out of discord and confusion. There is much for us to do that is essential. . . . And there is much for us to enjoy. Through Christ we are brought into connection with God. His mercies place us under continual obligation; feeling unworthy of His favors, we are to appreciate even the least of them. {Mar 222.4}

:ROFL: In the famous words of Cindy, "Oh, brother."
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2010, 06:10:19 PM »

Sister,
Is this your own "unpublished Manuscript" or are you writing it for someone else? It really doesn't matter to me. Just asking. I may have missed it somewhere, when you mentioned it.

Mrst53, you did not miss it. I have chosen not to addressed the issue of the authorship of this manuscript.

Sister
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 06:44:55 PM by Sister »

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2010, 06:15:05 PM »

Chapter 2
An Inconvenient Truth
Continued...

In Norway Dr. Abrahamsen hears the news from Johann Thorvaldsson of what was transpiring on the 3ABN compound in southern Illinois: “I was shocked to discover in early March of 2004 that Danny was threatening to get Linda fired from 3ABN because of some conversations on the phone. In fact, she was threatened immediately with divorce. By this time Nathan had started with drugs again and Linda was seeking advice. I was also shocked to discover that Brenda had started circulating untrue statements as well. (Was it because Danny had admitted to some emotional involvement with Brenda?) I talked to Danny one time on the phone and found him to be unreasonable, unbalanced and very difficult to communicate with. Johann Thorvaldsson, a retired pastor of the SDA Church of 50 years, also was in communication with Danny, both by phone and email. We talked together and shared the same opinion that Danny was acting completely irrational and unreasonable towards his wife. It appeared he was attempting to leave an email trail filled with untruths to verify a position at a later time. The decision was made to stop the communication by phone with Linda.”

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2010, 06:35:56 PM »

Tinka, I have no intention of attempting to prove one thing to you, now or ever, or even ever replying to you again. If you had proof Ian, you have every opportunity to just spit it out and say it connecting the dots, but you do not do that.  Sorry. You have already accepted what Sister wrote without asking for any proof  , and obviously consider you need none to believe evil of DS and 3abn, no matter who says it, (do you realize with details comes proof and then a person can connect the dots with details that correspond with actions and documents, where are yours, I have asked and asked) and are attacking me for daring to say it's not true, as is your habit with anyone who does so, so ... That's who you are and who you choose to be.( My habit or actions or voicing is my dismay and total shock of what people had the audacity to do with sacrifice of funds,)
That's your choice... (my choice is to know truth however I can get it and then realize all the facts)and it would be a waste of my time to even try to change an adamant mind. ( I use my mind as a jury would and decide by right values who is telling truth and the effort they give to do it.)Especially as Brenda Walsh wrote a affidavit/letter about  part of this already and you claim to have read all so have no excuse not to know that, or to have read it. (Brenda lied about the Florida trip, why would anyone believe her now)

Some make lies and others love them, and , hello, wake up! liars do make up stories, Tinka! As far as I am concerned you love those made up stories, but refuse to consider that, regardless, all who make and love lies will be outside the city, and you alone are responsible for what you do, say and believe. ( Haven't you guessed so far that I hate the lies, I hate the missuse of funds, I hate there are victims of TS, I hate the nebbie lies of DS over and over to get the funds. HE wasn't even paying the bill for 3 angels broadcast and a lie put out for that until I called the Engineers and saw lack of payment. But the jets were still flying. Just too much Ian, for you to gather up and display. Just too much. Just can't figure you out or anyone that can't understand why some of us are standing for the end of this corruption.)
" Nobody would get on here and say that Brenda did a b job either if she didn't. Goodness knows why she would do a thing like that before she took care of her mouth first." So right here on the spot did Brenda do it or did she not. Here's your chance for proof. IF no answer -I guess you don't want to say yes she did it as she is part of the part "clan". It is no longer personal. I did not know that so don't contribute that to me like you always do when I comment on someones post.

Good bye!

Ian,

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2010, 06:56:40 PM »

It's useless Tinka, Cindy is ALWAYS right! :ROFL:

Tinka, I have no intention of attempting to prove one thing to you, now or ever, or even ever replying to you again. If you had proof Ian, you have every opportunity to just spit it out and say it connecting the dots, but you do not do that.  Sorry. You have already accepted what Sister wrote without asking for any proof  , and obviously consider you need none to believe evil of DS and 3abn, no matter who says it, (do you realize with details comes proof and then a person can connect the dots with details that correspond with actions and documents, where are yours, I have asked and asked) and are attacking me for daring to say it's not true, as is your habit with anyone who does so, so ... That's who you are and who you choose to be.( My habit or actions or voicing is my dismay and total shock of what people had the audacity to do with sacrifice of funds,)
That's your choice... (my choice is to know truth however I can get it and then realize all the facts)and it would be a waste of my time to even try to change an adamant mind. ( I use my mind as a jury would and decide by right values who is telling truth and the effort they give to do it.)Especially as Brenda Walsh wrote a affidavit/letter about  part of this already and you claim to have read all so have no excuse not to know that, or to have read it. (Brenda lied about the Florida trip, why would anyone believe her now)

Some make lies and others love them, and , hello, wake up! liars do make up stories, Tinka! As far as I am concerned you love those made up stories, but refuse to consider that, regardless, all who make and love lies will be outside the city, and you alone are responsible for what you do, say and believe. ( Haven't you guessed so far that I hate the lies, I hate the missuse of funds, I hate there are victims of TS, I hate the nebbie lies of DS over and over to get the funds. HE wasn't even paying the bill for 3 angels broadcast and a lie put out for that until I called the Engineers and saw lack of payment. But the jets were still flying. Just too much Ian, for you to gather up and display. Just too much. Just can't figure you out or anyone that can't understand why some of us are standing for the end of this corruption.)
" Nobody would get on here and say that Brenda did a b job either if she didn't. Goodness knows why she would do a thing like that before she took care of her mouth first." So right here on the spot did Brenda do it or did she not. Here's your chance for proof. IF no answer -I guess you don't want to say yes she did it as she is part of the part "clan". It is no longer personal. I did not know that so don't contribute that to me like you always do when I comment on someones post.

Good bye!

Ian,

When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2010, 07:41:35 PM »

There have even been pornography sitings over there, tinka.

Ian,

Pat Williams

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2010, 07:42:04 PM »

Sister,
I think finally, the truth will come out. May I ask, did you recieve the emails and letters sent out by 3abn and Danny speaking against Linda? I am just an interested observer in this. I know niether party.

No, mrst53, I did not receive any of the letters or emails from 3ABN. I am not on their mailing list, by choice.

Mrst53,
Have you noticed yet how no one you ask can prove these letters allegedly made against Linda were mailed out (in mass as was claimed), that no one can quote what they allegedly said, or prove that they even exist?

Here are the facts Linda met the Doctor, problems ensued, and she was put on administrative leave 5 mos later, then removed from the 3abn board, then fired from her job, and then divorced 6 mos later in June of 2004.

Here are the only public announcements made by 3abn about that (and there are no other ones made to the public in mass, or even mailed out privately during that time)

Statement Regarding Linda Shelton

Linda Shelton is on a leave of absence from Three Angels Broadcasting Network. Due to employee confidentiality, we cannot provide details on Mrs. Shelton's leave of absence. Danny Shelton continues in his role as president to oversee and manage 3ABN operations.

With the professional assistance of members of our board, our president, and the rest of the 3ABN leadership team, 3ABN will continue to deliver its message of faith and hope to its many viewers throughout the world.

Posted May 20, 2004.

Because of decisions Linda Shelton has made that have taken her in a different direction than that of the ministry, the Board of Directors of Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) regrets to say that she is no longer an employee of 3ABN.

Posted June 17, 2004.

Nothing else was ever said except the following after the article published in a adventist magazine (A-Today)  based on Linda's own statements via email and on a website she started, registered to Danny's ex son-in law Mundall,  and published interviewing Johann,( ex 3abn Liason to Europe) and  Darell Mundall - fired from 3 ABN( her defenders) That article was published in the May- June edition. 3ABN posted a response on that magazines website in reply,and then a announcement on their website the same day. They are below:

3abn response to AToday article.

Three Angels Broadcasting Responds to Schwisow
    July 1, 2004 - 12:00pm - Walter Thompson

The story by Edwin Schwisow regarding Linda Shelton's recent termination from Three Angels Broadcasting contains a number of basic factual inaccuracies. Even more troubling, given that Adventist Today holds itself out as a Christian, Adventist publication, is the highly misleading slant the article gives to the events by its reliance on "reports" and "sources" from only one side of the matter. It seems that no one currently from Three Angels was spoken to regarding the claims of this story prior to its being sent to the printer.

As chairman of the board, I was involved with this matter early on, and led the independent fact-finding committee that investigated it. We sought intensely for reconciliation, but ultimately we were forced to recommend the termination of Mrs. Shelton from Three Angels. I list below the most troubling aspects of Mr. Schwisow's story.

The story of Danny and Linda's separation and divorce is a deeply personal, very sad event that has caused deep pain to all involved. To characterize the event as a "move that consolidates Danny Shelton at Three Angels helm" and as a sort of "coup", as the article claims, is untrue and even offensive to those of us involved in the decision. For the president of a religious ministry to engineer or pursue a divorce to enhance his standing or position at the ministry would be very foolish. Such an extraordinary claim would require extraordinary evidence to support it. Your author has not even ordinary evidence to support it, but is merely engaged in a cynical kind of speculation.

Danny is still the president of Three Angels, and has the full confidence of the board. But these events have caused Three Angels leadership to recognize that Danny needs greater assistance and support in carrying out that role, and the board chairman and others have become more involved in oversight activities. One example is a recently appointed manager of operations to assist Danny in his responsibilities.

Mr. Schwisow's attempts to support his "theory" of the meaning of the events at Three Angels by a number of references to claims made by "sources close to Linda Shelton". While he would no doubt deny that he is according these claims the status of "facts", he uses them as though they were. To print and repeat allegations from one side of the story, without acknowledging the views and claims presented by the other side, is to accord the former an unchallenged and privileged status usually accorded only to verified facts.

Anyone who considers the recent events at Three Angels as a "coup" or a "coup-in-the-works" is sadly misinformed and ignorant of the multiple efforts made over several months by Christian leaders to bring reconciliation to both Danny and Linda and to Linda and Three Angels. The list includes Danny and Linda's local pastor; meetings with professional Christian counselors; meetings with myself as board chairman; a review of the facts and further meetings and attempts at reconciliation by an investigative committee made up of Bill Hulsey, an Adventist layman and mayor of Collegedale; Dr. Kay Kuzma, Adventist family expert and author; Nicholas Miller, an Adventist attorney from a national law firm; and myself. Only after multiple efforts by these persons to achieve reconciliation failed was the matter reluctantly taken to the board for final resolution. This sequence of events is no secret. Three Angels described these efforts to its supporters in a letter sent out earlier last summer. Since then, Pastor Mark Finley has made further attempts at reconciliation, all to no avail.

Likewise, the printing of claims regarding Linda's relationship with the Norwegian physician to be solely about her son's treatment is to promote a story which the facts do not support. Without going into detail, we have solid evidence that, prior to her divorce and termination, Linda spent considerable time with this physician, both on the telephone and in person, in a manner inappropriate for a leader of a Christian ministry, or for any married woman for that matter. These contacts, inappropriate in their length, subject matter, and subterfuge, continued despite requests by both Danny and other Three Angels leadership that they cease. It is also clear, even by Linda's own admission, that the vast majority of these interactions had nothing to do with medical treatments for her son. In the short time since her divorce, Linda has traveled to Europe twice for nearly five weeks to spend time with this physician. These recent trips, which were taken without her son, have caused many of Linda's formerly die-hard supporters to recognize the truth of the matter of Linda's inappropriate relationship, and to cease their efforts in defending her.

The claim that Melody Shelton has begun to regularly appear as co-host is untrue. Melody sings from time to time on Three Angels, but has never co-hosted a program, and tries to avoid public speaking. The truth is that a variety of people have been assisting Danny with hosting responsibilities, and even hosting programs on their own. Of necessity, others are playing roles that Linda has played at Three Angels, but no one has "replaced" Linda. It is doubtful in my opinion that anyone ever will or can replace her unique combination of gifts.

Mr. Schwisow cannot seem to decide if the Shelton's unfortunate split is an effort calculated to revive a flagging ministry, as he suggests in paragraph 11, or a grave disruption that will harm Three Angels' prospects over the coming year, as in paragraph 12. Fortunately, neither theory or projection is true. These unfortunate events, which have been strongly resisted rather than cultivated, have caused both the leadership and supporters of Three Angels to draw together in prayer and support for the ministry. We have chosen to view these events with the eye of faith, looking for the opportunity the Lord always brings at a time of crisis. Due to this, Three Angels has significantly expanded, nearly doubled, its potential viewers, and financial support is well ahead of where it was last year at this time. Your author's prediction of a "less-than-banner-year", whether he meant number of viewers or financial support, is not supported by the facts.

In my view, this article is far from being simple news story that recites the facts in a fair and balanced fashion. Rather, it is a story with an agenda. I am not opposed to a story with an agenda, when it is not presented as a news story, when there has been a careful review of both sides of the matter, and where the author is quite certain of his or her facts. Such is not the case here. Rather, a few facts have been mixed in with a number of allegations from one side of the story, and then it has been stirred together with an anti-Danny Shelton, anti-Three Angels slant.

I am in favor of a church of greater openness. Events, good and bad, at times need to be aired and reported on. But it is an axiom of Christian charity that we should seek to put the most reasonably positive construction on events rather than the most negative. Mr. Schwisow's story fails on this most fundamental and elemental of tests. We hope that Adventist Today will hold future stories regarding Three Angels and other Christian ministries and leaders to a higher standard.

Walter Thompson, M.D., Chairman of the Board

Three Angels Broadcasting Network, Inc.

Posted on 3abn.org  the same day.  July 1, 2004

Dear 3ABN Family:

You may have heard by now of changes that have recently happened at Three Angels Broadcasting Network. We believe we owe you, as a loyal supporter of this ministry, an accounting of recent events regarding the former Vice President of 3ABN.

Out of respect for the privacy of those involved, we cannot reveal all details. But after prayer and reflection, we are convicted that we should share with you what we responsibly can.

You may have noticed that Linda Shelton has not appeared on 3ABN telecasts for the last few weeks. That is because as of June 1, 2004, the 3ABN Board of Directors removed Linda from her role as Vice President and as a board member. More recently, she has been discontinued as an employee of 3ABN as well.

We want to assure you that this decision was not made by one or two people, nor was it made in one or two weeks. Rather, the situation developed over nearly five months, and was dealt with by the full 3ABN leadership, including its Board of Directors.

The issue relates to a matter that arose in Danny and Linda Shelton's marriage. They were not able to resolve the matter, despite many attempts with their local pastor and other counselors. It was then brought to my attention as Chairman of the Board.

In order to make a thorough, fair and independent review of the matter, I convened a fact-finding committee of well-known Adventists who are not employees of 3ABN. The committee consisted of myself; William Hulsey, a businessman and mayor of Collegedale, Tennessee; and Kay Kuzma, author and family issues expert. We were counseled in our deliberations and review by Nicholas Miller, an Adventist attorney associated with a major national law firm.

The committee members spoke with all relevant witnesses. It invited Linda to meet with the full committee and to present any witnesses she might wish to have speak on her behalf.
    Upon reviewing the situation, it was clear to the 3ABN leadership that the source of the conflict lay in certain choices that Linda was making. We asked her, both verbally and in writing, to make different choices. She refused.

Under the circumstances, the board had no real choice but to take the actions it did in regards to Linda’s position at 3ABN. Should Linda reconsider her course of conduct, we would also reconsider our decision regarding her role at 3ABN.

Please pray for Linda, for Danny, and for the 3ABN ministry during this time. We believe in a God of miracles, who can renew and restore. This ministry was started and built through a series of miracles. Those miracles continue to this day, and we believe that many more are yet to come.

We believe that this ministry will continue to move forward, taking its direction from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is His ministry, and not that of any man or woman. The Board of Directors, President Danny Shelton, and I as Chairman, are committed to doing His will with this organization.

Please join us in supporting 3ABN with your prayers and financial support. We know you have done so in the past, and we are deeply thankful for it. But right now the devil is doing his best to derail this work because we are pressing the front close to his strongholds.

This month we added a quarter of a billion potential viewers in India, as our signal is being placed on cable systems through much of this Hindu nation of 1.1 billion souls. This effectively doubles the viewership of 3ABN, virtually overnight. We are also being placed on the most-watched cable-network in the Washington D.C. area, giving us access to the political and thought leaders of our country.

Please don’t let the devil succeed in heading off the vital work of 3ABN at this crucial time. You have faithfully supported this ministry in the past. Show us your continued resolve and support by making a faith pledge or donation to support us during this tremendous expansion of our coverage.

Your efforts and support are the medium through which God allows 3ABN to carry its gospel message to the world. We thank God and you for that support.

In His Service,
    Dr. Walter Thompson, Chairman

P.S. I came across a quote recently that highlighted the importance of 3ABN’s resolve to “Go ye into all the world”: “The Duke of Wellington was once present where a party of Christian men were discussing the possibility of success in missionary effort among the heathen. They appealed to the Duke to say whether in his judgment such efforts were likely to prove a success commensurate to the cost. The old soldier replied: ‘Gentlemen, what are your marching orders? Success is not the question for you to discuss. If I read your orders aright, they run thus, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” Gentlemen, obey your marching orders.’” Gospel Workers, p. 115.

Join us in helping Three Angels Broadcasting Network carry out its marching orders!

Posted July 1, 2004.

Only one email was sent out publicly after that and well over a year later and the other emails referred to by Bob Pickle and others were actually private emails sent only in reply to individuals and only in response to their questions after Linda's group had been online doing their dirty work against DS and 3abn for 2 years causing those questions... Turned out those "concerned individuals" published all as they were in league with the Linda crew, and looking to entrap rather then seek resolution or answers, but that's another part of the story. It hardly adds up to a public vilification of Linda though as none of it would have been public or even known if this group hadn't made it known and published it all.

So, there you have it.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:45:23 PM by 3ABN_Defender »

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2010, 07:45:46 PM »

Everyone is against Danny and Tommy. They are saints they do no wrong. Guess we all need to learn that.  :-\ :dunno: You all portray them as sinless, it's sickening.
Sister,
I think finally, the truth will come out. May I ask, did you recieve the emails and letters sent out by 3abn and Danny speaking against Linda? I am just an interested observer in this. I know niether party.

No, mrst53, I did not receive any of the letters or emails from 3ABN. I am not on their mailing list, by choice.

Mrst53,
Have you noticed yet how no one you ask can prove these letters allegedly made against Linda were mailed out (in mass as was claimed), that no one can quote what they allegedly said, or prove that they even exist?

Here are the facts Linda met the Doctor, problems ensued, and she was put on administrative leave 5 mos later, then removed from the 3abn board, then fired from her job, and then divorced 6 mos later in June of 2004.

Here are the only public announcements made by 3abn about that (and there are no private ones made to the public in mass, or even mailed out privately during that time)

Linda Shelton is on a leave of absence from Three Angels Broadcasting Network. Due to employee confidentiality, we cannot provide details on Mrs. Shelton's leave of absence. Danny Shelton continues in his role as president to oversee and manage 3ABN operations.

With the professional assistance of members of our board, our president, and the rest of the 3ABN leadership team, 3ABN will continue to deliver its message of faith and hope to its many viewers throughout the world.

Posted May 20, 2004.

Because of decisions Linda Shelton has made that have taken her in a different direction than that of the ministry, the Board of Directors of Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) regrets to say that she is no longer an employee of 3ABN.

Posted June 17, 2004.

Nothing else was ever said except the following after the article published in a adventist magazine (A-Today)  based on Linda's own statements via email and on a website she started, registered to Danny's ex son-in law Mundall,  and published interviewing Johann,( ex 3abn Liason to Europe) and  Darell Mundall - fired from 3 ABN( her defenders) That article was published in the May- June edition. 3ABN posted a response on that magazines website in reply,and then a announcement on their website the same day. They are below:

3abn response to AToday article.

Three Angels Broadcasting Responds to Schwisow
    July 1, 2004 - 12:00pm - Walter Thompson

The story by Edwin Schwisow regarding Linda Shelton's recent termination from Three Angels Broadcasting contains a number of basic factual inaccuracies. Even more troubling, given that Adventist Today holds itself out as a Christian, Adventist publication, is the highly misleading slant the article gives to the events by its reliance on "reports" and "sources" from only one side of the matter. It seems that no one currently from Three Angels was spoken to regarding the claims of this story prior to its being sent to the printer.

As chairman of the board, I was involved with this matter early on, and led the independent fact-finding committee that investigated it. We sought intensely for reconciliation, but ultimately we were forced to recommend the termination of Mrs. Shelton from Three Angels. I list below the most troubling aspects of Mr. Schwisow's story.

The story of Danny and Linda's separation and divorce is a deeply personal, very sad event that has caused deep pain to all involved. To characterize the event as a "move that consolidates Danny Shelton at Three Angels helm" and as a sort of "coup", as the article claims, is untrue and even offensive to those of us involved in the decision. For the president of a religious ministry to engineer or pursue a divorce to enhance his standing or position at the ministry would be very foolish. Such an extraordinary claim would require extraordinary evidence to support it. Your author has not even ordinary evidence to support it, but is merely engaged in a cynical kind of speculation.

Danny is still the president of Three Angels, and has the full confidence of the board. But these events have caused Three Angels leadership to recognize that Danny needs greater assistance and support in carrying out that role, and the board chairman and others have become more involved in oversight activities. One example is a recently appointed manager of operations to assist Danny in his responsibilities.

Mr. Schwisow's attempts to support his "theory" of the meaning of the events at Three Angels by a number of references to claims made by "sources close to Linda Shelton". While he would no doubt deny that he is according these claims the status of "facts", he uses them as though they were. To print and repeat allegations from one side of the story, without acknowledging the views and claims presented by the other side, is to accord the former an unchallenged and privileged status usually accorded only to verified facts.

Anyone who considers the recent events at Three Angels as a "coup" or a "coup-in-the-works" is sadly misinformed and ignorant of the multiple efforts made over several months by Christian leaders to bring reconciliation to both Danny and Linda and to Linda and Three Angels. The list includes Danny and Linda's local pastor; meetings with professional Christian counselors; meetings with myself as board chairman; a review of the facts and further meetings and attempts at reconciliation by an investigative committee made up of Bill Hulsey, an Adventist layman and mayor of Collegedale; Dr. Kay Kuzma, Adventist family expert and author; Nicholas Miller, an Adventist attorney from a national law firm; and myself. Only after multiple efforts by these persons to achieve reconciliation failed was the matter reluctantly taken to the board for final resolution. This sequence of events is no secret. Three Angels described these efforts to its supporters in a letter sent out earlier last summer. Since then, Pastor Mark Finley has made further attempts at reconciliation, all to no avail.

Likewise, the printing of claims regarding Linda's relationship with the Norwegian physician to be solely about her son's treatment is to promote a story which the facts do not support. Without going into detail, we have solid evidence that, prior to her divorce and termination, Linda spent considerable time with this physician, both on the telephone and in person, in a manner inappropriate for a leader of a Christian ministry, or for any married woman for that matter. These contacts, inappropriate in their length, subject matter, and subterfuge, continued despite requests by both Danny and other Three Angels leadership that they cease. It is also clear, even by Linda's own admission, that the vast majority of these interactions had nothing to do with medical treatments for her son. In the short time since her divorce, Linda has traveled to Europe twice for nearly five weeks to spend time with this physician. These recent trips, which were taken without her son, have caused many of Linda's formerly die-hard supporters to recognize the truth of the matter of Linda's inappropriate relationship, and to cease their efforts in defending her.

The claim that Melody Shelton has begun to regularly appear as co-host is untrue. Melody sings from time to time on Three Angels, but has never co-hosted a program, and tries to avoid public speaking. The truth is that a variety of people have been assisting Danny with hosting responsibilities, and even hosting programs on their own. Of necessity, others are playing roles that Linda has played at Three Angels, but no one has "replaced" Linda. It is doubtful in my opinion that anyone ever will or can replace her unique combination of gifts.

Mr. Schwisow cannot seem to decide if the Shelton's unfortunate split is an effort calculated to revive a flagging ministry, as he suggests in paragraph 11, or a grave disruption that will harm Three Angels' prospects over the coming year, as in paragraph 12. Fortunately, neither theory or projection is true. These unfortunate events, which have been strongly resisted rather than cultivated, have caused both the leadership and supporters of Three Angels to draw together in prayer and support for the ministry. We have chosen to view these events with the eye of faith, looking for the opportunity the Lord always brings at a time of crisis. Due to this, Three Angels has significantly expanded, nearly doubled, its potential viewers, and financial support is well ahead of where it was last year at this time. Your author's prediction of a "less-than-banner-year", whether he meant number of viewers or financial support, is not supported by the facts.

In my view, this article is far from being simple news story that recites the facts in a fair and balanced fashion. Rather, it is a story with an agenda. I am not opposed to a story with an agenda, when it is not presented as a news story, when there has been a careful review of both sides of the matter, and where the author is quite certain of his or her facts. Such is not the case here. Rather, a few facts have been mixed in with a number of allegations from one side of the story, and then it has been stirred together with an anti-Danny Shelton, anti-Three Angels slant.

I am in favor of a church of greater openness. Events, good and bad, at times need to be aired and reported on. But it is an axiom of Christian charity that we should seek to put the most reasonably positive construction on events rather than the most negative. Mr. Schwisow's story fails on this most fundamental and elemental of tests. We hope that Adventist Today will hold future stories regarding Three Angels and other Christian ministries and leaders to a higher standard.

Walter Thompson, M.D., Chairman of the Board

Posted on 3abn.org  the same day.  July 1, 2004

Dear 3ABN Family:

You may have heard by now of changes that have recently happened at Three Angels Broadcasting Network. We believe we owe you, as a loyal supporter of this ministry, an accounting of recent events regarding the former Vice President of 3ABN.

Out of respect for the privacy of those involved, we cannot reveal all details. But after prayer and reflection, we are convicted that we should share with you what we responsibly can.

You may have noticed that Linda Shelton has not appeared on 3ABN telecasts for the last few weeks. That is because as of June 1, 2004, the 3ABN Board of Directors removed Linda from her role as Vice President and as a board member. More recently, she has been discontinued as an employee of 3ABN as well.

We want to assure you that this decision was not made by one or two people, nor was it made in one or two weeks. Rather, the situation developed over nearly five months, and was dealt with by the full 3ABN leadership, including its Board of Directors.

The issue relates to a matter that arose in Danny and Linda Shelton's marriage. They were not able to resolve the matter, despite many attempts with their local pastor and other counselors. It was then brought to my attention as Chairman of the Board.

In order to make a thorough, fair and independent review of the matter, I convened a fact-finding committee of well-known Adventists who are not employees of 3ABN. The committee consisted of myself; William Hulsey, a businessman and mayor of Collegedale, Tennessee; and Kay Kuzma, author and family issues expert. We were counseled in our deliberations and review by Nicholas Miller, an Adventist attorney associated with a major national law firm.

The committee members spoke with all relevant witnesses. It invited Linda to meet with the full committee and to present any witnesses she might wish to have speak on her behalf.
    Upon reviewing the situation, it was clear to the 3ABN leadership that the source of the conflict lay in certain choices that Linda was making. We asked her, both verbally and in writing, to make different choices. She refused.

Under the circumstances, the board had no real choice but to take the actions it did in regards to Linda’s position at 3ABN. Should Linda reconsider her course of conduct, we would also reconsider our decision regarding her role at 3ABN.

Please pray for Linda, for Danny, and for the 3ABN ministry during this time. We believe in a God of miracles, who can renew and restore. This ministry was started and built through a series of miracles. Those miracles continue to this day, and we believe that many more are yet to come.

We believe that this ministry will continue to move forward, taking its direction from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is His ministry, and not that of any man or woman. The Board of Directors, President Danny Shelton, and I as Chairman, are committed to doing His will with this organization.

Please join us in supporting 3ABN with your prayers and financial support. We know you have done so in the past, and we are deeply thankful for it. But right now the devil is doing his best to derail this work because we are pressing the front close to his strongholds.

This month we added a quarter of a billion potential viewers in India, as our signal is being placed on cable systems through much of this Hindu nation of 1.1 billion souls. This effectively doubles the viewership of 3ABN, virtually overnight. We are also being placed on the most-watched cable-network in the Washington D.C. area, giving us access to the political and thought leaders of our country.

Please don’t let the devil succeed in heading off the vital work of 3ABN at this crucial time. You have faithfully supported this ministry in the past. Show us your continued resolve and support by making a faith pledge or donation to support us during this tremendous expansion of our coverage.

Your efforts and support are the medium through which God allows 3ABN to carry its gospel message to the world. We thank God and you for that support.

In His Service,
    Dr. Walter Thompson, Chairman

P.S. I came across a quote recently that highlighted the importance of 3ABN’s resolve to “Go ye into all the world”: “The Duke of Wellington was once present where a party of Christian men were discussing the possibility of success in missionary effort among the heathen. They appealed to the Duke to say whether in his judgment such efforts were likely to prove a success commensurate to the cost. The old soldier replied: ‘Gentlemen, what are your marching orders? Success is not the question for you to discuss. If I read your orders aright, they run thus, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” Gentlemen, obey your marching orders.’” Gospel Workers, p. 115.

Join us in helping Three Angels Broadcasting Network carry out its marching orders!

Posted July 1, 2004.

Only one email was sent out publicly after that and well over a year later and the other emails referred to by Bob Pickle and others were actually private emails sent only in reply to individuals and only in response to their questions after Linda's group had been online doing their dirty work against DS and 3abn for 2 years causing those questions... Turned out those "concerned individuals" published all as they were in league with the Linda crew, and looking to entrap rather then seek resolution or answers, but that's another part of the story. It hardly adds up to a public vilification of Linda though as none of it would have been public or even known if this group hadn't made it known and published it all.

So, there you have it.

Billy Graham

Pat Williams

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2010, 07:49:56 PM »

Ian, the fevered imaginations were hard at work on this story long before Sister joined the fray. They were busy concocting stories about Linda and others, and their lives have become misreable as a result. It appears as Mrs. White was correct.

I know that too. I read Darrell Mundall's and other Linda defender/promoter posts on Stan's site when they started it all, even Fran was there.... and I have traced your migration to MSDAOL, and then BSDA, and now here, so have others. It's sad.. ( Even Pickle and Joy, after they got sued said they didn't have the proof for their publihed allegations/accusations because they were just repeating information from protected sources, but then they blew that by filing and claiming they wanted to add Mundall and Linda as their co litigants in the lawsuit against them, claiming they were both their main sources of information, but neither stepped forward with the proof...)

Edited to remove inappropriate content.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 11:41:16 PM by Artiste »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Up