Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Excerpts from an unpublished manuscript  (Read 137308 times)

Pat Williams

Re: Excerpts from an unpublished manuscript
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 07:59:37 PM »

And you spilled the spite, trash and lies you love right out of your mouth:
" Nobody would get on here and say that Brenda did a b job either if she didn't. Goodness knows why she would do a thing like that before she took care of her mouth first."
So right here on the spot did Brenda do it or did she not. Here's your chance for proof. IF no answer -I guess you don't want to say yes she did it as she is part of the part "clan". It is no longer personal. I did not know that so don't contribute that to me like you always do when I comment on someones post.

This is why folks who think like Tinka are sadly beyond answering. Ian already called it a lie, yet Tinka wants her to say that again, and then she demands proof for a negative,(impossible) but never bothers to demand proof for the accusation and evil she heard and believes, or even thinks to question how others would even know this.
Were the people claiming this witnesses?  Obviously not. So how would they know? Doesn't matter, they said it, Tinka buys it. There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Pat Williams

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2010, 08:04:45 PM »

You made that up, and it's false. Nobody said that. Nobody defending 3ABN would.

Everyone is against Danny and Tommy. They are saints they do no wrong. Guess we all need to learn that.  :-\ :dunno: You all portray them as sinless, it's sickening.
Sister,
I think finally, the truth will come out. May I ask, did you recieve the emails and letters sent out by 3abn and Danny speaking against Linda? I am just an interested observer in this. I know niether party.

No, mrst53, I did not receive any of the letters or emails from 3ABN. I am not on their mailing list, by choice.

Mrst53,
Have you noticed yet how no one you ask can prove these letters allegedly made against Linda were mailed out (in mass as was claimed), that no one can quote what they allegedly said, or prove that they even exist?

Here are the facts Linda met the Doctor, problems ensued, and she was put on administrative leave 5 mos later, then removed from the 3abn board, then fired from her job, and then divorced 6 mos later in June of 2004.

Here are the only public announcements made by 3abn about that (and there are no private ones made to the public in mass, or even mailed out privately during that time)

Statement Regarding Linda Shelton

Linda Shelton is on a leave of absence from Three Angels Broadcasting Network. Due to employee confidentiality, we cannot provide details on Mrs. Shelton's leave of absence. Danny Shelton continues in his role as president to oversee and manage 3ABN operations.

With the professional assistance of members of our board, our president, and the rest of the 3ABN leadership team, 3ABN will continue to deliver its message of faith and hope to its many viewers throughout the world.

Posted May 20, 2004.

Because of decisions Linda Shelton has made that have taken her in a different direction than that of the ministry, the Board of Directors of Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) regrets to say that she is no longer an employee of 3ABN.

Posted June 17, 2004.

Nothing else was ever said except the following after the article published in a adventist magazine (A-Today)  based on Linda's own statements via email and on a website she started, registered to Danny's ex son-in law Mundall,  and published interviewing Johann,( ex 3abn Liason to Europe) and  Darell Mundall - fired from 3 ABN( her defenders) That article was published in the May- June edition. 3ABN posted a response on that magazines website in reply,and then a announcement on their website the same day. They are below:

3abn response to AToday article.

Three Angels Broadcasting Responds to Schwisow
    July 1, 2004 - 12:00pm - Walter Thompson

The story by Edwin Schwisow regarding Linda Shelton's recent termination from Three Angels Broadcasting contains a number of basic factual inaccuracies. Even more troubling, given that Adventist Today holds itself out as a Christian, Adventist publication, is the highly misleading slant the article gives to the events by its reliance on "reports" and "sources" from only one side of the matter. It seems that no one currently from Three Angels was spoken to regarding the claims of this story prior to its being sent to the printer.

As chairman of the board, I was involved with this matter early on, and led the independent fact-finding committee that investigated it. We sought intensely for reconciliation, but ultimately we were forced to recommend the termination of Mrs. Shelton from Three Angels. I list below the most troubling aspects of Mr. Schwisow's story.

The story of Danny and Linda's separation and divorce is a deeply personal, very sad event that has caused deep pain to all involved. To characterize the event as a "move that consolidates Danny Shelton at Three Angels helm" and as a sort of "coup", as the article claims, is untrue and even offensive to those of us involved in the decision. For the president of a religious ministry to engineer or pursue a divorce to enhance his standing or position at the ministry would be very foolish. Such an extraordinary claim would require extraordinary evidence to support it. Your author has not even ordinary evidence to support it, but is merely engaged in a cynical kind of speculation.

Danny is still the president of Three Angels, and has the full confidence of the board. But these events have caused Three Angels leadership to recognize that Danny needs greater assistance and support in carrying out that role, and the board chairman and others have become more involved in oversight activities. One example is a recently appointed manager of operations to assist Danny in his responsibilities.

Mr. Schwisow's attempts to support his "theory" of the meaning of the events at Three Angels by a number of references to claims made by "sources close to Linda Shelton". While he would no doubt deny that he is according these claims the status of "facts", he uses them as though they were. To print and repeat allegations from one side of the story, without acknowledging the views and claims presented by the other side, is to accord the former an unchallenged and privileged status usually accorded only to verified facts.

Anyone who considers the recent events at Three Angels as a "coup" or a "coup-in-the-works" is sadly misinformed and ignorant of the multiple efforts made over several months by Christian leaders to bring reconciliation to both Danny and Linda and to Linda and Three Angels. The list includes Danny and Linda's local pastor; meetings with professional Christian counselors; meetings with myself as board chairman; a review of the facts and further meetings and attempts at reconciliation by an investigative committee made up of Bill Hulsey, an Adventist layman and mayor of Collegedale; Dr. Kay Kuzma, Adventist family expert and author; Nicholas Miller, an Adventist attorney from a national law firm; and myself. Only after multiple efforts by these persons to achieve reconciliation failed was the matter reluctantly taken to the board for final resolution. This sequence of events is no secret. Three Angels described these efforts to its supporters in a letter sent out earlier last summer. Since then, Pastor Mark Finley has made further attempts at reconciliation, all to no avail.

Likewise, the printing of claims regarding Linda's relationship with the Norwegian physician to be solely about her son's treatment is to promote a story which the facts do not support. Without going into detail, we have solid evidence that, prior to her divorce and termination, Linda spent considerable time with this physician, both on the telephone and in person, in a manner inappropriate for a leader of a Christian ministry, or for any married woman for that matter. These contacts, inappropriate in their length, subject matter, and subterfuge, continued despite requests by both Danny and other Three Angels leadership that they cease. It is also clear, even by Linda's own admission, that the vast majority of these interactions had nothing to do with medical treatments for her son. In the short time since her divorce, Linda has traveled to Europe twice for nearly five weeks to spend time with this physician. These recent trips, which were taken without her son, have caused many of Linda's formerly die-hard supporters to recognize the truth of the matter of Linda's inappropriate relationship, and to cease their efforts in defending her.

The claim that Melody Shelton has begun to regularly appear as co-host is untrue. Melody sings from time to time on Three Angels, but has never co-hosted a program, and tries to avoid public speaking. The truth is that a variety of people have been assisting Danny with hosting responsibilities, and even hosting programs on their own. Of necessity, others are playing roles that Linda has played at Three Angels, but no one has "replaced" Linda. It is doubtful in my opinion that anyone ever will or can replace her unique combination of gifts.

Mr. Schwisow cannot seem to decide if the Shelton's unfortunate split is an effort calculated to revive a flagging ministry, as he suggests in paragraph 11, or a grave disruption that will harm Three Angels' prospects over the coming year, as in paragraph 12. Fortunately, neither theory or projection is true. These unfortunate events, which have been strongly resisted rather than cultivated, have caused both the leadership and supporters of Three Angels to draw together in prayer and support for the ministry. We have chosen to view these events with the eye of faith, looking for the opportunity the Lord always brings at a time of crisis. Due to this, Three Angels has significantly expanded, nearly doubled, its potential viewers, and financial support is well ahead of where it was last year at this time. Your author's prediction of a "less-than-banner-year", whether he meant number of viewers or financial support, is not supported by the facts.

In my view, this article is far from being simple news story that recites the facts in a fair and balanced fashion. Rather, it is a story with an agenda. I am not opposed to a story with an agenda, when it is not presented as a news story, when there has been a careful review of both sides of the matter, and where the author is quite certain of his or her facts. Such is not the case here. Rather, a few facts have been mixed in with a number of allegations from one side of the story, and then it has been stirred together with an anti-Danny Shelton, anti-Three Angels slant.

I am in favor of a church of greater openness. Events, good and bad, at times need to be aired and reported on. But it is an axiom of Christian charity that we should seek to put the most reasonably positive construction on events rather than the most negative. Mr. Schwisow's story fails on this most fundamental and elemental of tests. We hope that Adventist Today will hold future stories regarding Three Angels and other Christian ministries and leaders to a higher standard.

Walter Thompson, M.D., Chairman of the Board

Three Angels Broadcasting Network, Inc.

Posted on 3abn.org  the same day.  July 1, 2004

Dear 3ABN Family:

You may have heard by now of changes that have recently happened at Three Angels Broadcasting Network. We believe we owe you, as a loyal supporter of this ministry, an accounting of recent events regarding the former Vice President of 3ABN.

Out of respect for the privacy of those involved, we cannot reveal all details. But after prayer and reflection, we are convicted that we should share with you what we responsibly can.

You may have noticed that Linda Shelton has not appeared on 3ABN telecasts for the last few weeks. That is because as of June 1, 2004, the 3ABN Board of Directors removed Linda from her role as Vice President and as a board member. More recently, she has been discontinued as an employee of 3ABN as well.

We want to assure you that this decision was not made by one or two people, nor was it made in one or two weeks. Rather, the situation developed over nearly five months, and was dealt with by the full 3ABN leadership, including its Board of Directors.

The issue relates to a matter that arose in Danny and Linda Shelton's marriage. They were not able to resolve the matter, despite many attempts with their local pastor and other counselors. It was then brought to my attention as Chairman of the Board.

In order to make a thorough, fair and independent review of the matter, I convened a fact-finding committee of well-known Adventists who are not employees of 3ABN. The committee consisted of myself; William Hulsey, a businessman and mayor of Collegedale, Tennessee; and Kay Kuzma, author and family issues expert. We were counseled in our deliberations and review by Nicholas Miller, an Adventist attorney associated with a major national law firm.

The committee members spoke with all relevant witnesses. It invited Linda to meet with the full committee and to present any witnesses she might wish to have speak on her behalf.
    Upon reviewing the situation, it was clear to the 3ABN leadership that the source of the conflict lay in certain choices that Linda was making. We asked her, both verbally and in writing, to make different choices. She refused.

Under the circumstances, the board had no real choice but to take the actions it did in regards to Linda’s position at 3ABN. Should Linda reconsider her course of conduct, we would also reconsider our decision regarding her role at 3ABN.

Please pray for Linda, for Danny, and for the 3ABN ministry during this time. We believe in a God of miracles, who can renew and restore. This ministry was started and built through a series of miracles. Those miracles continue to this day, and we believe that many more are yet to come.

We believe that this ministry will continue to move forward, taking its direction from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is His ministry, and not that of any man or woman. The Board of Directors, President Danny Shelton, and I as Chairman, are committed to doing His will with this organization.

Please join us in supporting 3ABN with your prayers and financial support. We know you have done so in the past, and we are deeply thankful for it. But right now the devil is doing his best to derail this work because we are pressing the front close to his strongholds.

This month we added a quarter of a billion potential viewers in India, as our signal is being placed on cable systems through much of this Hindu nation of 1.1 billion souls. This effectively doubles the viewership of 3ABN, virtually overnight. We are also being placed on the most-watched cable-network in the Washington D.C. area, giving us access to the political and thought leaders of our country.

Please don’t let the devil succeed in heading off the vital work of 3ABN at this crucial time. You have faithfully supported this ministry in the past. Show us your continued resolve and support by making a faith pledge or donation to support us during this tremendous expansion of our coverage.

Your efforts and support are the medium through which God allows 3ABN to carry its gospel message to the world. We thank God and you for that support.

In His Service,
    Dr. Walter Thompson, Chairman

P.S. I came across a quote recently that highlighted the importance of 3ABN’s resolve to “Go ye into all the world”: “The Duke of Wellington was once present where a party of Christian men were discussing the possibility of success in missionary effort among the heathen. They appealed to the Duke to say whether in his judgment such efforts were likely to prove a success commensurate to the cost. The old soldier replied: ‘Gentlemen, what are your marching orders? Success is not the question for you to discuss. If I read your orders aright, they run thus, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” Gentlemen, obey your marching orders.’” Gospel Workers, p. 115.

Join us in helping Three Angels Broadcasting Network carry out its marching orders!

Posted July 1, 2004.

Only one email was sent out publicly after that and well over a year later and the other emails referred to by Bob Pickle and others were actually private emails sent only in reply to individuals and only in response to their questions after Linda's group had been online doing their dirty work against DS and 3abn for 2 years causing those questions... Turned out those "concerned individuals" published all as they were in league with the Linda crew, and looking to entrap rather then seek resolution or answers, but that's another part of the story. It hardly adds up to a public vilification of Linda though as none of it would have been public or even known if this group hadn't made it known and published it all.

So, there you have it.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2010, 08:10:59 PM »

Really? I made that up? I think not.  Funny to me that you and the other members of your "regime" come in here every chance you get, to turn them into Saints! You further state that "There are none so blind as those who refuse to see." Maybe it is you and the other members of your regime who refuse to see!

You made that up, and it's false. Nobody said that. Nobody defending 3ABN would.

Everyone is against Danny and Tommy. They are saints they do no wrong. Guess we all need to learn that.  :-\ :dunno: You all portray them as sinless, it's sickening.
Sister,
I think finally, the truth will come out. May I ask, did you recieve the emails and letters sent out by 3abn and Danny speaking against Linda? I am just an interested observer in this. I know niether party.

No, mrst53, I did not receive any of the letters or emails from 3ABN. I am not on their mailing list, by choice.

Mrst53,
Have you noticed yet how no one you ask can prove these letters allegedly made against Linda were mailed out (in mass as was claimed), that no one can quote what they allegedly said, or prove that they even exist?

Here are the facts Linda met the Doctor, problems ensued, and she was put on administrative leave 5 mos later, then removed from the 3abn board, then fired from her job, and then divorced 6 mos later in June of 2004.

Here are the only public announcements made by 3abn about that (and there are no private ones made to the public in mass, or even mailed out privately during that time)

Linda Shelton is on a leave of absence from Three Angels Broadcasting Network. Due to employee confidentiality, we cannot provide details on Mrs. Shelton's leave of absence. Danny Shelton continues in his role as president to oversee and manage 3ABN operations.

With the professional assistance of members of our board, our president, and the rest of the 3ABN leadership team, 3ABN will continue to deliver its message of faith and hope to its many viewers throughout the world.

Posted May 20, 2004.

Because of decisions Linda Shelton has made that have taken her in a different direction than that of the ministry, the Board of Directors of Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) regrets to say that she is no longer an employee of 3ABN.

Posted June 17, 2004.

Nothing else was ever said except the following after the article published in a adventist magazine (A-Today)  based on Linda's own statements via email and on a website she started, registered to Danny's ex son-in law Mundall,  and published interviewing Johann,( ex 3abn Liason to Europe) and  Darell Mundall - fired from 3 ABN( her defenders) That article was published in the May- June edition. 3ABN posted a response on that magazines website in reply,and then a announcement on their website the same day. They are below:

3abn response to AToday article.

Three Angels Broadcasting Responds to Schwisow
    July 1, 2004 - 12:00pm - Walter Thompson

The story by Edwin Schwisow regarding Linda Shelton's recent termination from Three Angels Broadcasting contains a number of basic factual inaccuracies. Even more troubling, given that Adventist Today holds itself out as a Christian, Adventist publication, is the highly misleading slant the article gives to the events by its reliance on "reports" and "sources" from only one side of the matter. It seems that no one currently from Three Angels was spoken to regarding the claims of this story prior to its being sent to the printer.

As chairman of the board, I was involved with this matter early on, and led the independent fact-finding committee that investigated it. We sought intensely for reconciliation, but ultimately we were forced to recommend the termination of Mrs. Shelton from Three Angels. I list below the most troubling aspects of Mr. Schwisow's story.

The story of Danny and Linda's separation and divorce is a deeply personal, very sad event that has caused deep pain to all involved. To characterize the event as a "move that consolidates Danny Shelton at Three Angels helm" and as a sort of "coup", as the article claims, is untrue and even offensive to those of us involved in the decision. For the president of a religious ministry to engineer or pursue a divorce to enhance his standing or position at the ministry would be very foolish. Such an extraordinary claim would require extraordinary evidence to support it. Your author has not even ordinary evidence to support it, but is merely engaged in a cynical kind of speculation.

Danny is still the president of Three Angels, and has the full confidence of the board. But these events have caused Three Angels leadership to recognize that Danny needs greater assistance and support in carrying out that role, and the board chairman and others have become more involved in oversight activities. One example is a recently appointed manager of operations to assist Danny in his responsibilities.

Mr. Schwisow's attempts to support his "theory" of the meaning of the events at Three Angels by a number of references to claims made by "sources close to Linda Shelton". While he would no doubt deny that he is according these claims the status of "facts", he uses them as though they were. To print and repeat allegations from one side of the story, without acknowledging the views and claims presented by the other side, is to accord the former an unchallenged and privileged status usually accorded only to verified facts.

Anyone who considers the recent events at Three Angels as a "coup" or a "coup-in-the-works" is sadly misinformed and ignorant of the multiple efforts made over several months by Christian leaders to bring reconciliation to both Danny and Linda and to Linda and Three Angels. The list includes Danny and Linda's local pastor; meetings with professional Christian counselors; meetings with myself as board chairman; a review of the facts and further meetings and attempts at reconciliation by an investigative committee made up of Bill Hulsey, an Adventist layman and mayor of Collegedale; Dr. Kay Kuzma, Adventist family expert and author; Nicholas Miller, an Adventist attorney from a national law firm; and myself. Only after multiple efforts by these persons to achieve reconciliation failed was the matter reluctantly taken to the board for final resolution. This sequence of events is no secret. Three Angels described these efforts to its supporters in a letter sent out earlier last summer. Since then, Pastor Mark Finley has made further attempts at reconciliation, all to no avail.

Likewise, the printing of claims regarding Linda's relationship with the Norwegian physician to be solely about her son's treatment is to promote a story which the facts do not support. Without going into detail, we have solid evidence that, prior to her divorce and termination, Linda spent considerable time with this physician, both on the telephone and in person, in a manner inappropriate for a leader of a Christian ministry, or for any married woman for that matter. These contacts, inappropriate in their length, subject matter, and subterfuge, continued despite requests by both Danny and other Three Angels leadership that they cease. It is also clear, even by Linda's own admission, that the vast majority of these interactions had nothing to do with medical treatments for her son. In the short time since her divorce, Linda has traveled to Europe twice for nearly five weeks to spend time with this physician. These recent trips, which were taken without her son, have caused many of Linda's formerly die-hard supporters to recognize the truth of the matter of Linda's inappropriate relationship, and to cease their efforts in defending her.

The claim that Melody Shelton has begun to regularly appear as co-host is untrue. Melody sings from time to time on Three Angels, but has never co-hosted a program, and tries to avoid public speaking. The truth is that a variety of people have been assisting Danny with hosting responsibilities, and even hosting programs on their own. Of necessity, others are playing roles that Linda has played at Three Angels, but no one has "replaced" Linda. It is doubtful in my opinion that anyone ever will or can replace her unique combination of gifts.

Mr. Schwisow cannot seem to decide if the Shelton's unfortunate split is an effort calculated to revive a flagging ministry, as he suggests in paragraph 11, or a grave disruption that will harm Three Angels' prospects over the coming year, as in paragraph 12. Fortunately, neither theory or projection is true. These unfortunate events, which have been strongly resisted rather than cultivated, have caused both the leadership and supporters of Three Angels to draw together in prayer and support for the ministry. We have chosen to view these events with the eye of faith, looking for the opportunity the Lord always brings at a time of crisis. Due to this, Three Angels has significantly expanded, nearly doubled, its potential viewers, and financial support is well ahead of where it was last year at this time. Your author's prediction of a "less-than-banner-year", whether he meant number of viewers or financial support, is not supported by the facts.

In my view, this article is far from being simple news story that recites the facts in a fair and balanced fashion. Rather, it is a story with an agenda. I am not opposed to a story with an agenda, when it is not presented as a news story, when there has been a careful review of both sides of the matter, and where the author is quite certain of his or her facts. Such is not the case here. Rather, a few facts have been mixed in with a number of allegations from one side of the story, and then it has been stirred together with an anti-Danny Shelton, anti-Three Angels slant.

I am in favor of a church of greater openness. Events, good and bad, at times need to be aired and reported on. But it is an axiom of Christian charity that we should seek to put the most reasonably positive construction on events rather than the most negative. Mr. Schwisow's story fails on this most fundamental and elemental of tests. We hope that Adventist Today will hold future stories regarding Three Angels and other Christian ministries and leaders to a higher standard.

Walter Thompson, M.D., Chairman of the Board

Posted on 3abn.org  the same day.  July 1, 2004

Dear 3ABN Family:

You may have heard by now of changes that have recently happened at Three Angels Broadcasting Network. We believe we owe you, as a loyal supporter of this ministry, an accounting of recent events regarding the former Vice President of 3ABN.

Out of respect for the privacy of those involved, we cannot reveal all details. But after prayer and reflection, we are convicted that we should share with you what we responsibly can.

You may have noticed that Linda Shelton has not appeared on 3ABN telecasts for the last few weeks. That is because as of June 1, 2004, the 3ABN Board of Directors removed Linda from her role as Vice President and as a board member. More recently, she has been discontinued as an employee of 3ABN as well.

We want to assure you that this decision was not made by one or two people, nor was it made in one or two weeks. Rather, the situation developed over nearly five months, and was dealt with by the full 3ABN leadership, including its Board of Directors.

The issue relates to a matter that arose in Danny and Linda Shelton's marriage. They were not able to resolve the matter, despite many attempts with their local pastor and other counselors. It was then brought to my attention as Chairman of the Board.

In order to make a thorough, fair and independent review of the matter, I convened a fact-finding committee of well-known Adventists who are not employees of 3ABN. The committee consisted of myself; William Hulsey, a businessman and mayor of Collegedale, Tennessee; and Kay Kuzma, author and family issues expert. We were counseled in our deliberations and review by Nicholas Miller, an Adventist attorney associated with a major national law firm.

The committee members spoke with all relevant witnesses. It invited Linda to meet with the full committee and to present any witnesses she might wish to have speak on her behalf.
    Upon reviewing the situation, it was clear to the 3ABN leadership that the source of the conflict lay in certain choices that Linda was making. We asked her, both verbally and in writing, to make different choices. She refused.

Under the circumstances, the board had no real choice but to take the actions it did in regards to Linda’s position at 3ABN. Should Linda reconsider her course of conduct, we would also reconsider our decision regarding her role at 3ABN.

Please pray for Linda, for Danny, and for the 3ABN ministry during this time. We believe in a God of miracles, who can renew and restore. This ministry was started and built through a series of miracles. Those miracles continue to this day, and we believe that many more are yet to come.

We believe that this ministry will continue to move forward, taking its direction from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is His ministry, and not that of any man or woman. The Board of Directors, President Danny Shelton, and I as Chairman, are committed to doing His will with this organization.

Please join us in supporting 3ABN with your prayers and financial support. We know you have done so in the past, and we are deeply thankful for it. But right now the devil is doing his best to derail this work because we are pressing the front close to his strongholds.

This month we added a quarter of a billion potential viewers in India, as our signal is being placed on cable systems through much of this Hindu nation of 1.1 billion souls. This effectively doubles the viewership of 3ABN, virtually overnight. We are also being placed on the most-watched cable-network in the Washington D.C. area, giving us access to the political and thought leaders of our country.

Please don’t let the devil succeed in heading off the vital work of 3ABN at this crucial time. You have faithfully supported this ministry in the past. Show us your continued resolve and support by making a faith pledge or donation to support us during this tremendous expansion of our coverage.

Your efforts and support are the medium through which God allows 3ABN to carry its gospel message to the world. We thank God and you for that support.

In His Service,
    Dr. Walter Thompson, Chairman

P.S. I came across a quote recently that highlighted the importance of 3ABN’s resolve to “Go ye into all the world”: “The Duke of Wellington was once present where a party of Christian men were discussing the possibility of success in missionary effort among the heathen. They appealed to the Duke to say whether in his judgment such efforts were likely to prove a success commensurate to the cost. The old soldier replied: ‘Gentlemen, what are your marching orders? Success is not the question for you to discuss. If I read your orders aright, they run thus, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” Gentlemen, obey your marching orders.’” Gospel Workers, p. 115.

Join us in helping Three Angels Broadcasting Network carry out its marching orders!

Posted July 1, 2004.

Only one email was sent out publicly after that and well over a year later and the other emails referred to by Bob Pickle and others were actually private emails sent only in reply to individuals and only in response to their questions after Linda's group had been online doing their dirty work against DS and 3abn for 2 years causing those questions... Turned out those "concerned individuals" published all as they were in league with the Linda crew, and looking to entrap rather then seek resolution or answers, but that's another part of the story. It hardly adds up to a public vilification of Linda though as none of it would have been public or even known if this group hadn't made it known and published it all.

So, there you have it.

When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2010, 08:35:41 PM »

And you spilled the spite, trash and lies you love right out of your mouth:
" Nobody would get on here and say that Brenda did a b job either if she didn't. Goodness knows why she would do a thing like that before she took care of her mouth first."
So right here on the spot did Brenda do it or did she not. Here's your chance for proof. IF no answer -I guess you don't want to say yes she did it as she is part of the part "clan". It is no longer personal. I did not know that so don't contribute that to me like you always do when I comment on someones post.

This is why folks who think like Tinka are sadly beyond answering. Ian already called it a lie, yet Tinka wants her to say that again, and then she demands proof for a negative,(impossible) but never bothers to demand proof for the accusation and evil she heard and believes, or even thinks to question how others would even know this.
Were the people claiming this witnesses?  Obviously not. So how would they know? Doesn't matter, they said it, Tinka buys it. There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

:ROFL:  I do not think I have ever correspond with anyone that seems so retarded to understand what someone says and then comes back with "why do cherry pies hang off ceilings" that might as well been the topic as to come back with this nonsense of their understanding of what I say. This has got to be the best comic lingo I have heard of. No wonder the 3abn clan is "whacked".  

First of all I am not the one who told Brenda had the job done. You accuse that I said it and I believe it and then you ask a stupid question how can there be any witness to prove it. You actually say that it is a lie that she had it done. I simply ask if you know if that is the truth? What is even more ridiculous that if she did -most people surely can tell the difference or why else would she have it done? so you claim "no" she did not as 3d comes and states and back you up that no she did not have it done I'm believing a lie. So you do not know how to tell?  :ROFL: no witnesses  :ROFL:  Guess what- I do not even care whether she did other then the proof of a lie or not -as you claim it. That is the fact I was asking about- I bet somebody out there knows. You need to quit accusing people of honest questions seeking truth when your protecting the "One" that knows all about the answers. Boy are you guys guilty or you would not even be on here to worry about what we all see and discuss. What are you so up in the air if we are all wrong. Is your money getting lessor?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 08:46:31 PM by tinka »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2010, 03:29:14 AM »

( Even Pickle and Joy, after they got sued said they didn't have the proof for their publihed allegations/accusations because they were just repeating information from protected sources, ....

This has been explained over and over again. For you to repeat such a distortion of the facts makes you appear to be a dishonest individual.

Why don't you get specific and name a specific allegation/accusation that I personally made, and then let's discuss whether I had proof or not.

Johann

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2010, 05:19:16 AM »

( Even Pickle and Joy, after they got sued said they didn't have the proof for their publihed allegations/accusations because they were just repeating information from protected sources, ....

This has been explained over and over again. For you to repeat such a distortion of the facts makes you appear to be a dishonest individual.

Why don't you get specific and name a specific allegation/accusation that I personally made, and then let's discuss whether I had proof or not.

I changed my mind. I'm sending you what I had written as a private communication.  :-X

Johann

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2010, 06:47:34 AM »

Reading some of these replies make me wonder if some people think two half-truths make it true

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2010, 06:53:21 AM »

An Inconvient Truth
Chapter 2
Continued...

Observed a cat that has captured a mouse, proudly brings it home and continue to “play” with it. The cat proudly saunters in through the door way and deposits what appears to be a dead mouse at your feet. If the urge to jump up on the kitchen table and start screaming is resisted, you will notice that the mouse is still alive—if continually being threatened and harassed can be considered  life. As you  watch, the cat resumes his dangerous “play” with the mouse. A furry paw, with claws retracted, gives the mouse a little push. In silence, eyes glued on its victim, the perpetrator watches for any indication of movement that could possibly lead to escape. Suddenly, the other paw gives the mouse a firmer tap that sends it into a spin. With frenzied movement the mouse leaps in desperation, attempting to escape its captors grasp. This activates the claws. Repeatedly the mouse is skillfully retrieved and the game resumes again. This scenario continues until one of two things happen: overcome by fear the mouse dies ending the game or someone, willing to risk the rage of the captor intervenes on behalf of the victim. From a human perspective this is a cruel and devilish game. It is difficult to believe that your beautiful kitty—whom you were lovingly stroking as she lay purring in your lap only an hour before—could be the same creature that is capable of such despicable behavior. Now, translate this same scenario to human beings and you have opened a tiny window into the life of the wife of a psychopath, a woman whose husband appears outwardly charming, but is prone to the selfish, callous, and remorseless use of others. A man who manipulates and controls his wife so well that over the years she has unknowingly become yet one more of his victims, until like the cat with the mouse, the retracted claws emerge and she is left dumbfounded wondering why the charming man she married has turned into a predator out to destroy her.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2010, 08:06:13 AM »

Now that is a very good scenario..except if the mouse gets away it enjoys another day. In human scenario how does one come out of it but to suffer day after day.
It is quite a test of faith to be able to pick up pieces and go on with out some sort of damages. What I think is so cruel is to work your whole years and get nothing for it by the greed and despicable ways to get it.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2010, 10:30:50 AM »

Reading some of these replies make me wonder if some people think two half-truths make it true

I agree Johann, but the closer the day of truth comes, the more desperate they become.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2010, 11:47:58 AM »

Chapter 2
An Inconvenient Truth
Continued...

Dr. Abrahamsen, as a medical professional, confirms Danny’s mental illness: “I could see from my 35 years of experience as a physician that Danny was a psychopath. Accusations were directed at me that I had done “mind control” over Linda. (Walt Thompson made the same accusations in his letters.) Linda was accused of sending “secret messages” to me over the television. Danny’s emails and communications with Johann were completely crazy, and his reasoning often conflicted with his previous emails. Danny targeted Linda’s few inner circle confidants and slandered her to the point that even they backed away from her at this critical time. (Linda’s “friends” did not want to lose their television privileges.) Johann and I concluded this was a man who was determined to get rid of his wife. We also concluded that Linda was in danger.”

After Dr. Abrahamsen’s confirmation of Danny’s mental condition, consider the following definition of a Charismatic Psychopath and then try and imagine what it would be like to live with such an individual... “Charismatic Psychopaths are charming, attractive liars. They are usually gifted at some talent or another, and they use it to their advantage in manipulating others. They are usually fast-talkers, and possess an almost demonic ability to persuade others out of everything they own, even their lives. Leaders of religious sects or cults, for example, might be psychopaths... often they come to believe in their own fictions. They are irresistible.”

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2010, 03:10:36 PM »

I see, so you state that it started with posts on Stan's site. Unfortunately, it started long before that. Those posts were reactionary to events and communications based on imaginations and concocted stories that predated any of the posts you refer to as "when they started it all..."

Ian, the fevered imaginations were hard at work on this story long before Sister joined the fray. They were busy concocting stories about Linda and others, and their lives have become misreable as a result. It appears as Mrs. White was correct.

I know that too. I read Darrell Mundall's and other Linda defender/promoter posts on Stan's site when they started it all, even Fran was there.... and I have traced your migration to MSDAOL, and then BSDA, and now here, so have others. It's sad.. ( Even Pickle and Joy, after they got sued said they didn't have the proof for their publihed allegations/accusations because they were just repeating information from protected sources, but then they blew that by filing and claiming they wanted to add Mundall and Linda as their co litigants in the lawsuit against them, claiming they were both their main sources of information, but neither stepped forward with the proof...)

Edited to remove inappropriate content.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 03:14:51 PM by George »

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2010, 05:13:08 PM »

I need to post a correction here in that it started at BSDA before it started at MSDAOL, not vice-versa.

SDAminister

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2010, 06:51:24 PM »

Well, it's quite obvious your source for your "stories" is Linda -under a gag order and not talking nor involved in any accusations against DS or 3abn,  but just trying to move on--Shelton. (It should go without saying that I disagree with you and again think you are repeating lies, and acting maliciously as you have that axe to grind due to your husband being fired from 3abn... but for the record I am letting that be known again, and will post it on the other forum too.)

I can't help it, every time I read your spins and tales I am reminded of the same E.G. White quote. I remember the first time I quoted it back on BlackSDA , and was attacked for trying to out you, and accused of editing the quote to do so, and I hadn't done either, so was like "What?!?" and then "Ok, clue one as to who she is." ;)

Here that is again for those who haven't read it. You, yourself would probably agree that Sister White was correct in speaking to Sister F, a Pastor's wife, about this problem of hers. I doubt you will agree with it applying to you, or take it to heart as you didn't before,  but others can form their own opinions and judgments here. So for what it's worth.

Testimonies Vol 2 Chap. 4 - Evilspeaking

Brother F has had the cause of God at heart, but he has felt too deeply, and has taken on many burdens which he should not have borne. He has suffered in health in this way. He has sometimes viewed matters in a strong light, and has been too earnest and anxious to have all see them just as he did; and because they were backward in doing so, he has felt nearly crushed. He feels to the depths, and is in danger of urging his views of things too strongly. {2T 50.1}

I'm always amazed when persons, who don't support the SDA church, still try to use Ellen White as an authority figure to bash those who do. If they believe in her, why not follow her teachings, come back into the fold, and be a real Seventh-day Adventist?

guide4him

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2010, 08:52:20 PM »

Sister, you just keep on writing... interesting that so many people with so many diverse backgrounds and who don't even know each other come up with the same conclusion about Danny Shelton as you mentioned.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23   Go Up