Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: "Sam" calls Tommy Shelton a liar  (Read 29486 times)

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
"Sam" calls Tommy Shelton a liar
« on: July 10, 2010, 11:43:52 AM »

A poster on this forum who goes by the name "Sam" (obviously because the person has no backbone and can't back up what they claim), made the following statement in response to Tommy Shelton's pending guilty plea in his sexual abuse case:

As usual, your post gave me a good laugh. Hundreds of thousands of innocent people take plea bargains for a variety of reasons. No money for a good defense, health issues, age, needing to be free to support their family...your comment was ridiculous.

"Sam" obviously thinks Tommy Shelton is a liar.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Adam

• Veteran Member
Re: "Sam" calls Tommy Shelton a liar
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 12:11:04 PM »

A poster on this forum who goes by the name "Sam" (obviously because the person has no backbone and can't back up what they claim), made the following statement in response to Tommy Shelton's pending guilty plea in his sexual abuse case:

As usual, your post gave me a good laugh. Hundreds of thousands of innocent people take plea bargains for a variety of reasons. No money for a good defense, health issues, age, needing to be free to support their family...your comment was ridiculous.

"Sam" obviously thinks Tommy Shelton is a liar.
It appears that way doesn't it? Why would someone who is innocent "lay down like a bleeding lamb?" If Tommy Shelton is actually innocent, why would he lie and say he is guilty?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 12:20:40 PM by samuelthomas »
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

mrst53

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 12:25:03 PM »

Tommy saw no way out this time and couldn't fake a heart attack this time or a "nervous break down". He was just too old to face going to jail and maybe the men he molested felt sorry for him. Why I don't know, but opted for this deal, instead. But at least he will be labeled a felon and a sex offender. It took long enough- should have happened a long time ago.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 12:35:54 PM »

Tommy saw no way out this time and couldn't fake a heart attack this time or a "nervous break down". He was just too old to face going to jail and maybe the men he molested felt sorry for him. Why I don't know, but opted for this deal, instead. But at least he will be labeled a felon and a sex offender. It took long enough- should have happened a long time ago.
No, they didn't feel sorry for him. There are a lot of "behind the scenes" reasons why this took place. Knowing what I know about the case I would say that this was a good move, and no, it's not because there was insufficient evidence or he is innocent.
Duane Clem

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 12:52:23 PM »

No, they didn't feel sorry for him. There are a lot of "behind the scenes" reasons why this took place. Knowing what I know about the case I would say that this was a good move, and no, it's not because there was insufficient evidence or he is innocent.

I agree.  This was simply a strategic move in an ongoing saga...

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 09:45:58 PM »

I sort of think DS is getting a little preview of how cover up sagas can end when the money that helped TS situation might or might not go. Somehow I think the penalty is always worse when you used God in your deception of his "beloved meek". Believe this, the corruption will come to an end this and I believe it because of the examples so well illustrated in the Word of God.

Remember how Judas got ate up in the end by the dogs   :dogwag: and remains threw in a plot.
That example was illustrated plenty good enough for me. All I can say is 3abn have fun while you can until your done.  some may even live long cause that's all they will get on this earth but nothing in the next. There needs to be a change in ownership, boards, and direction. and of course compensation given with repentance. Exceptable compensation would be to give 3abn over to competent leaders that keep honest books and it doesn't end up in  :horse: waste on the ground.  Another good suggestion is to do it while they can before the Lord does it Himself and leaves them quite in debt that one cannot repay to the ones they helped destroy. Yes, I blieve there is a lot of dark closets in that "clan".

mrst53

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 01:30:14 PM »

What will 3abn do, if DS gets caught up is Tommy's mess?

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 01:33:32 PM »

Defend, Defend, and Defend. I can imagine that we will find out soon enough. I am quite certain that this is the only beginning for Tommy and Danny.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 02:21:14 PM »

Danny is ALREADY caught up in Tommy's mess, and I've said for a long time that when the heat gets turned up, Danny will throw Tommy under the bus. Watch and see.
Duane Clem

mrst53

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 05:46:56 PM »

But will 3Abn throw Danny under the bus if it gets too bad?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 07:02:20 PM »

3ABN and Danny Shelton are inextricably connected.  Furthermore, the 3ABN "brand" has been and will be so tainted by the Shelton family involvement that it will be of no use to the Seventh-day Adventist church.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 07:04:39 PM »

I wonder how far reached a civil suit will go?  I am sure there will be defendants including the church and the pastor who wanted Tommy to succeed him. Danny and 3ABN could probably be named as well.

Some may disagree with me, but truth of the matter is Danny and 3ABN was involved in wrong doing and was accessories, aided and bedded, and employed a child molestor.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 07:10:15 PM by samuelthomas »
Billy Graham

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 07:09:30 PM »

I wonder how far reached a civil suit will  go?  I am sure there will be defendants including the church and the pastor who wanted Tommy to succeed him. Danny and 3ABN could probably be named as well.

I wonder when that might happen?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 07:12:22 PM »

I wonder how far reached a civil suit will  go?  I am sure there will be defendants including the church and the pastor who wanted Tommy to succeed him. Danny and 3ABN could probably be named as well.

When I tried to warn about that possibility in late 2006, Danny started threatening to sue. But I think you can probably ask that question today without fear of being sued. I doubt 3ABN is going to foot the bill for another of Danny's hush-your-mouth-about-Tommy lawsuits. The first was expensive enough ... and still isn't over yet.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 07:27:42 PM »

But will 3Abn throw Danny under the bus if it gets too bad?
Well, I would guess not. They've had ample reason already to oust him and haven't.
Duane Clem
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up