Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: "Sam" calls Tommy Shelton a liar  (Read 29471 times)

Adam

• Veteran Member
Re: "Sam" calls Tommy Shelton a liar
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 07:29:40 PM »

I wonder how far reached a civil suit will  go?  I am sure there will be defendants including the church and the pastor who wanted Tommy to succeed him. Danny and 3ABN could probably be named as well.

I wonder when that might happen?

Hard telling, but you know it's going to happen seeing that John C. Manly is in the picture. Find it hard to believe he would be hired if they wasn't after some sort of compensation for the victims.
I wonder how far reached a civil suit will  go?  I am sure there will be defendants including the church and the pastor who wanted Tommy to succeed him. Danny and 3ABN could probably be named as well.

When I tried to warn about that possibility in late 2006, Danny started threatening to sue. But I think you can probably ask that question today without fear of being sued. I doubt 3ABN is going to foot the bill for another of Danny's hush-your-mouth-about-Tommy lawsuits. The first was expensive enough ... and still isn't over yet.
  Wonder if reality has sunk in yet? I am like Duane, I'm sure they will throw Tommy over board the ship, and never speak of him again.  But, the damage is already done. Danny messed himself already, and it has to be cleaned up!
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Johann

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 02:14:45 AM »

It is really sad how this case may affect so many people, churches, and ministries. Now all those efforts and court case in an effort to claim complete innocence seem to vanish like a vapor facing this trial.

May God have mercy.

Sam

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 10:46:17 AM »

Tommy saw no way out this time and couldn't fake a heart attack this time or a "nervous break down". He was just too old to face going to jail and maybe the men he molested felt sorry for him. Why I don't know, but opted for this deal, instead. But at least he will be labeled a felon and a sex offender. It took long enough- should have happened a long time ago.

Whoever you are you need to repent as one doesn't fake a quadruple bypass, 2 heart attacks and 6 stents.  Really could you get any lower?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 11:15:01 AM »

Tommy saw no way out this time and couldn't fake a heart attack this time or a "nervous break down". He was just too old to face going to jail and maybe the men he molested felt sorry for him. Why I don't know, but opted for this deal, instead. But at least he will be labeled a felon and a sex offender. It took long enough- should have happened a long time ago.

Whoever you are you need to repent as one doesn't fake a quadruple bypass, 2 heart attacks and 6 stents.  Really could you get any lower?

Sam, we've heard these sort of claims for quite some time, but have yet to see any proof of them. Got anything you can post? Surely since Tommy wants us to believe that he really has had all these health problems, he would not mind his medical records being posted.

Remember, those who have known Tommy for quite some time have claimed that Tommy suddenly gets ill when these allegations surface, and suddenly is all better when the allegations have blown over. So it is very possible that Tommy Shelton, reportedly a skilled manipulator, which many sexual predators are, is healthier than what he wants us to believe.

But bear in mind that even if such health claims are true, it is possible that Tommy's lifestyle and the resulting guilt are part of the reason why he would be in poor health.

mrst53

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 11:16:50 AM »

I am sorry if I mis-spoke about the heart attacks. From reading some of the posts,the heart attacks were questionable. I don't know Tommy. If I am wrong, I will ask God to forgive me now. I guess I got up in the anger at what Tommy has done to these boys. You are right, I couldn't get any lower and I have asked God to forgive me. Thank you for pointing this out to me. Sometimes we need other Christians to point out our sins. thanks

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 12:19:07 PM »

He's still guilty.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 06:09:18 PM »

Did you not hear that "guilt" or "caught in guilt" will eat you right up.. He can't deal with the reality of what his evil desires and demand were to the innocent.  He can't do anything with his selfishness. It's over and the reality is "This is his life" HE chose it He did it and now It devours him. It's a trick the devil loves after he mastered ones life and the protectors of locked boxes.  Next....! follower :rabbit: (DS) (Sam) (3D) (Ian)...

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 10:36:46 AM »

True Duane, but in the spirit of disagreeing without being disagreeable, I like the fact tha mrst53 apologized for that portion.  The man does have a heart condition.  This must be  a very stressful time for him, conscience and guilt weighing heavy on him.  Having a weak heart, this time can most definitely be a health risk.  Al that has absolutely no bearing on the face that he is still guilty.

He's still guilty.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 05:35:57 PM »

True Duane, but in the spirit of disagreeing without being disagreeable, I like the fact tha mrst53 apologized for that portion.  The man does have a heart condition.  This must be  a very stressful time for him, conscience and guilt weighing heavy on him.  Having a weak heart, this time can most definitely be a health risk.  Al that has absolutely no bearing on the face that he is still guilty.

I understand that, Di. However, you also have to understand where the victims are coming from. This has been the MO for years whenever things start looking bad. The health problems pop up, whether real or not, and then we are all tols we need to feel compassion and have sympathy. I've said before, I don't wish any bad health on Tommy Shelton and I CERTAINLY am not wishing for his death, but I resent the underlying implications from some of the defenders that this is somehow the fault of the victims for coming forward or filing charges. The fact of the matter is, if the acts weren't committed there would be no charges to file.

And defenders, before you say that false accusations are filed all the time, I am ready to answer that as well.
Duane Clem

mrst53

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 05:46:04 PM »

Has anyone heard if TS has undergone surgery yet? If I were him and thank God I am not, but if I were, I would be asking Jesus Christ to forgive me and making a public apology to everyone I have ever wronged, just to make sure Jesus knew I meant business. Knowing I could die any moment and especially since I was undergoing surgery and my heart might not start up again.... hmmm- doesn't leave much choice to me

Duane, I know you want punishment for TS and I don't blame you. I want punishment for TS for you and I don't even know you. I want the entire family punished for allowing this to go on for so long. It should have stopped years ago, before he ever touched you.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 06:47:05 PM »

I heard that Tommy had a stent put in, but I can't verify if he had any problems or procedures at all.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 07:13:05 PM »

Has anyone heard if TS has undergone surgery yet? If I were him and thank God I am not, but if I were, I would be asking Jesus Christ to forgive me and making a public apology to everyone I have ever wronged, just to make sure Jesus knew I meant business. Knowing I could die any moment and especially since I was undergoing surgery and my heart might not start up again.... hmmm- doesn't leave much choice to me

Duane, I know you want punishment for TS and I don't blame you. I want punishment for TS for you and I don't even know you. I want the entire family punished for allowing this to go on for so long. It should have stopped years ago, before he ever touched you.
I can't even say that it's accurate that I want punishment for Tommy, but I certainly want the abuse to stop and Tommy has had nearly 40 years to make things right, but hasn't. If it takes punishment to put an end to it, so be it.
Duane Clem

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 09:08:47 PM »

3ABN and Danny Shelton are inextricably connected.  Furthermore, the 3ABN "brand" has been and will be so tainted by the Shelton family involvement that it will be of no use to the Seventh-day Adventist church.

There will always be a cultish following for this non-denominational media ministry and it's self proclaimed founder that is "self-annointed". I did not beleive that a directorate of conservative Seventh-day Adventist business leaders would ignore good evidence...they did and the collission course was inevitable...but then, the people they sued stood their ground, conducted vigorous discovery, turned the ministry inside out, and we learned they do not really have the hutzpah it takes to really face brick walls!!! In fact, as the evidence production continued to cost them money to quash all the collateral damage, they turned and ran; and then were miffed that we chased them like the heathens they really are!!!

In fact, the discovery clearly demonstrated they were not the group that "counter-acts the counterfeit", they are the counterfeit!!!

They will not go away until the tide of history and micro-economics sweeps them aside, and it will most surely happen.

Be proud you are part of the anti-counterfeiting unit of the Seventh Day Adventist church...someone has to do it!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 06:55:56 AM »

a directorate of conservative Seventh-day Adventist business leaders

You mean Garwin McNeilus and cohorts?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 08:23:23 AM »

I understand that, Di. However, you also have to understand where the victims are coming from. This has been the MO for years whenever things start looking bad. The health problems pop up, whether real or not, and then we are all tols we need to feel compassion and have sympathy. I've said before, I don't wish any bad health on Tommy Shelton and I CERTAINLY am not wishing for his death, but I resent the underlying implications from some of the defenders that this is somehow the fault of the victims for coming forward or filing charges. The fact of the matter is, if the acts weren't committed there would be no charges to file.

And defenders, before you say that false accusations are filed all the time, I am ready to answer that as well.

I wish to thank Mrst53, for her conscience and apology. Some of the other posts here were far worse than hers in my opinion and sounded hateful and murderous to me, causing nausea, and leaving a sour taste behind. One may seek justice, pray for it, and even rejoice about it without being mean and nasty. It's just not necessary.

I realize I risk being called a coward and insulted further and told I deserve no answers and will get none from you because I post anonymously here, but I have wondered about this for a long time now. It came up again because Mrst53 wrote:

"Has anyone heard if TS has undergone surgery yet? If I were him and thank God I am not, but if I were, I would be asking Jesus Christ to forgive me and making a public apology to everyone I have ever wronged, just to make sure Jesus knew I meant business. Knowing I could die any moment and especially since I was undergoing surgery and my heart might not start up again.... hmmm- doesn't leave much choice to me"

That makes sense to me. Duane why do you think Tommy confessed he was wrong to you and apologized to you,and ven apologized to his wife and family about his improper relationship with you, but won't do that where others are concerned?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up