Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN vs IL State Property Tax Lawsuit  (Read 36104 times)

Gregory

• Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN vs IL State Property Tax Lawsuit
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 11:07:57 AM »

If I had wanted to respond in that other thread I would have done so.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 11:43:24 AM »

Thank you for that clarification.  However, when the same topic is scattered throughout different threads it detracts from the flow of the discussion, in my opinion.  But maybe that's just me...

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 12:29:28 PM »

Someone pointed out to me that Mollie's cited testimony about the videos not being copyrighted has implications for Barbara Kerr. If they aren't copyrighted, she can use them all she wants to, without having to wait forever for Danny Shelton's permission.

Would that be correct?

inga

• The Sabbath School Network
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 12:45:15 PM »

Someone pointed out to me that Mollie's cited testimony about the videos not being copyrighted has implications for Barbara Kerr. If they aren't copyrighted, she can use them all she wants to, without having to wait forever for Danny Shelton's permission.

Would that be correct?
That sounds right. However, the question is whether or not Barbara Kerr has the videos in her possession. My understanding is that she does not have them.
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

Johann

Appellate Court Rules 3ABN Case
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2008, 01:17:47 PM »

I came to 3ABN about the time of the first ruling. At that time I was told at 3ABN that this ruling would be appealed, and that there was no question 3ABN would win the case. Now this seems not to be the case.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2008, 01:24:34 PM »

Fran, I'm a little confused by your statement - I'm sure it's just me!  Was there a reason prior to this loss on appeal that the audit reports could not be discussed?

Also, I'm just curious as to your opinion on how this new development might impact 3ABN's 501(c)(3) status?  If the State of Illinois has found 3ABN lacking in their ability to prove that it is not conducting its business with a view "for profit", wouldn't that possibly have some impact on the IRS' view of the organizaton?

ImaAnt

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2008, 01:31:51 PM »

Would that be correct?
That sounds right. However, the question is whether or not Barbara Kerr has the videos in her possession. My understanding is that she does not have them.

It has been almost a year since I have had any correspondence with Barbara Kerr. It is my recollection that she does not have any of the tapes.  She posted I believe at BSDA that she made several requests for them.  I seem to recall either she was advised they no longer existed or that may have been speculation.  A search at BSDA would reveal more specific information I suspect.

ImaAnt

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2008, 01:34:43 PM »

I came to 3ABN about the time of the first ruling. At that time I was told at 3ABN that this ruling would be appealed, and that there was no question 3ABN would win the case. Now this seems not to be the case.

I suspect this is consistent with they never expected to lose the case in the first place. 

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 03:21:52 PM »

I think, Snoopy, that the attention the tax case brings to particular discrepancies is what might be problematic.

For example, arguing over the "nonsense" of Rowe's penalizing 3ABN for Linda getting $20 royalties in a year coupled with 3ABN's bringing up the royalty issue in the lawsuit against us only highlights the fact that several hundred thousand dollars of royalties paid out by Remnant in 2006 likely went to Danny, and were a direct result of his influence at 3ABN.

That is problematic.

But notice the stupidity of it all to be doing all that simultaneously, ... and while an IRS criminal investigation was going on.

I'm sure glad I'm not in Danny's shoes. Never weighed enough to handle drastic weight loss. Imagine the stress he's under.

And he can't vent at BlackSDA anymore, whether personally or through his brother Ronnie or through Greg Thompson or anyone else. Looks like maybe that BlackSDA subpoena backfired. Venting over there was probably therapy.

But AdventTalk is open. The admin here believe in freedom of speech, though I don't think they want it to get nasty.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2008, 03:37:54 PM »

I wonder if those tapes are buried somewhere on 3ABN property???    :dunno:

It has been almost a year since I have had any correspondence with Barbara Kerr. It is my recollection that she does not have any of the tapes.  She posted I believe at BSDA that she made several requests for them.  I seem to recall either she was advised they no longer existed or that may have been speculation.  A search at BSDA would reveal more specific information I suspect.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2008, 03:53:19 PM »

I merged the two together and also blended the topic names together.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008, 03:59:49 PM »

Barbara has all her taped programs and could digitally master them, but I am told that quality would be severely impaired. She has simply requested that 3ABN turn over the masters that they clearly do not intend to use and make them available to her to use. I am sure the masters are all carefully cataloged in Tommy's library at 3ABN. But, Barbara spoke against the annointed one and is unworthy of civil consideration...after all, per Gilley, ..."any friend of Linda is not a friend of 3ABN..." and this from a man that is suppose to bring healing and move 3ABN ahead??? I would say that is pretty regressive and demonstrates a hateful deluded side we had hoped did not exist. Just how do they expect the Lord's blessing with all this pent up hatred??? SPLAIN ME!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

I wonder if those tapes are buried somewhere on 3ABN property???    :dunno:

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2008, 07:38:44 PM »

Thank you, Daryl!!  This is a good compromise.  It is easier for me personally to have all the info in one thread.

I merged the two together and also blended the topic names together.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2008, 06:16:13 PM »

The OP is now back as a separate thread with plans to later add other obvious posts that also belongs to this thread.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2008, 07:05:39 PM »

The OP is now back as a separate thread with plans to later add other obvious posts that also belongs to this thread.

Here, Here!!!

GAJ
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up