Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tinka's Sausage Recipe  (Read 14262 times)

tinka

• Veteran Member
Tinka's Sausage Recipe
« on: July 31, 2010, 07:55:55 PM »

Preparations first
 you need 3 -4 smallest tomato paste cans empty and cleaned. I save them all the time
 2 pkg. Lipton Onion soup or favorite kind Pkg onion soup mix

Go to butcher shop where they make sausage. There they will let you buy sausage seasoning that they use for the real stuff. or you can get on line and click on Sausage Maker and there you can get their number or order on line sausage seasoning. We have a near butcher that sells to me for pennies a small bag.

Large pan with lid that will hold at least 1 gal water and be about little more the half full when filled and  have remaining room.

1. Take 1 cup of Vital flour (gluten flour but has to say "vital" as there is gluten flour for bread and that is not the right one.)

2. Now add about 1 tab or less, of sausage seasoning or enough to satisfy your taste and mix into the flour evenly

3. Add 1 cup water (always equal parts) to flour and mix quickly until it is like rubber and spongy.

4. Stuff until all air bubbles is out into the small cans. It may fill about 3 1/2 of cans.  Turn can upside down on to flat surface and let rest for at least 30 minutes.

While waiting put 1 gal water into large pan with lid.
Add 2 packages Lipton Onion soup to water
Add 3 tab. Soy Sauce
Add 1 tab chopped garlic.
Add 1 tsp. onion powder
sometimes I add about 1 tab or less of veg oil to water but not necessary at all.

When gluten has set for time have broth boiling and take one by one formed gluten out of can and take kitchen shears and snip roll in a little more then 1/2 in slices landing into the boiling broth. Cut all rolls as quickly as you can into broth. Make sure you now cover with lid. Watch a few minutes that it does not boil over and then turn heat down a little so that it still stays boiling. It makes a great difference with the lid on. This will boil for 1 hour. each 10-15 minutes take lid off and with large spoon quickly punch down as these will expand right out of the pan. Put lid back quickly on and they will rise again the give another 10-15 and punch down again . After the hour turn fire off and let set till cool. They will refrigerate up to 2 weeks in glass gal container with broth and this 1 cup make enormous amount.

Now to get the sausage effect, take out of broth right into frypan in oil till a little crispy or browned on each side that just takes a few minutes. These have really good texture Serve with your eggs, potatoes and gravy. This is the closest you can get to the real stuff. What is in the stores I just can't tolerate. If something goes wrong post me. But actually this is very easy.

Fran

• Veteran Member
Re: Tinka's Sausage Recipe
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 08:14:42 PM »

Thank you!

Love you!

Fran

GRAT

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 08:52:03 PM »

That sounds yummy!!  Will have to find ing's and give it a try.  Thank you.   :pals:

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 04:30:39 AM »

Thank you!

Love you!

Fran

Love you too Fran and you too Grat

Called about a little concession stand yesterday, wished so bad I could get it. It's like a little log cabin and its on ebay. Just 7 ft. by 12. Said they would come down about 7k and still neg. from that if they don't sell it. It would be absolutely perfect but it is in Idaho. They even said they would bring it half way if I could get it the other half. Take a look at it under concession.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 04:38:21 AM by tinka »

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 04:47:06 AM »

Just an added thing I forgot on the recipe. If you like gravy just add a smidge of sausage seasoning to browned gravey or however you fix your gravy.

christined

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 05:17:42 AM »

Thank you.  I will have to try to find some sausage seasonings.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 05:18:03 PM »

I am not a vegetarian, but this sounds really good. I will try it.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 05:31:22 PM »

I don't cook, but does anyone want to fix it and invite me over? :pals: ::)
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »

I am not a vegetarian, but this sounds really good. I will try it.

You will like it because of the texture and if you get the right sausage seasoning, that is what is hard to explain, don't get the kind that has so much sage in it. Get regular seasoning that they put in a favorite beef or porksausage that they make at the butcher shop.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 09:34:10 AM »

This does look good, Tinka!  I might have to give it a try!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 10:59:41 AM »

I had Adventist come stay with me for a while in their camper while on the farm. I made them breakfast, later I asked if they liked the sausage and they said they thought it was the real thing and they were afraid to eat the rest of it. lol but they then enjoyed it again, so you all can let me know what you think when ever you try it.

Emma

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 04:52:11 PM »

I was interested in this till I saw the gluten flour....I like it but it does not like me  :(

Have you ever made the recipe without gluten...I can eat ordinary wheat flour in moderate amounts.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 05:15:35 PM »

Not that I can think of, I cannot go the soy beans, allergic to all legumes except green beans. My hamburger is not made from gluten or soy but after processing it is really close to meat texture . I never thought of changing that possibly into sausage, I think I will try that. that is a really good thought you have brought up. I think that might work. Will try in near future as I am up to my neck in canning right now my 4 gardens. Never had the heat affect me so much this year. Must be my age creeping up. (smile)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 06:07:49 PM by tinka »

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 04:20:08 PM »

Emma,
Finally the garden is finished for the year. Your idea turned on my light bulb and I tried the sausage and completely changed the hamburger recipe into sausage flavor. It worked. thanks for the idea.
Wondered if anyone tried the sausage yet and if it turned out ok?

I really have to tell this tid bit about my 15 year old grandson and the hamburger patties. He plays football much to my worry and dislike. He is such a player. He scores 2-3 touchdowns every game and they have only lost once this year. He did a 90 yrd run after taking the ball away. Not to good on football definitions cause I don't know them. but anyway his favorite is those hamburgers. Just one is big. He eats 4 at a time with one very filling. He has eaten 36 patties with in a week and a half. Two weeks ago I made 108 of them and he just came to see if I had anymore. I gave him 16 more.  I finally feel all my efforts for my children are not in vain. It is nothing like what you get in the stores. Now his friends think that provides him all the energy for the football games as he so quick, so strong and fast and once the ball is in his hands he is gone with his hand in the air telling everyone "touchdown". Oh, he eats the hamburgers without bread and just plain where I fix them as a famous sandwich prepare it and you can't tell the difference. Now his friends think they must eat them too. :ROFL:

GRAT

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 09:39:51 PM »

I got stuck at the sausage spices.  Keep forgetting to try and find some on line or a butcher.  Not too many butchers around where I live.  I did find some recipes for sausage spice but not sure which one would do.    I am going to make a note to myself to get on the ball and try it out.  :rabbit:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up